December 05, 2019, 08:01:58 PM

Author Topic: Are we a playoff team?  (Read 18426 times)

Offline SSGCujo

• HOF Member
  • Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way! G.Patton
Re: Are we a playoff team?
« Reply #105 on: November 13, 2016, 07:42:09 PM »
 NO!

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #106 on: November 13, 2016, 07:49:44 PM »
Is Rodgers declining or is he having these issues because he is implementing McCarthy's scheme?  It appears from what I've been hearing and reading that Mac really hasn't changed his offense all these years so perhaps defenses know precisely what to do to stop it and we don't have the same level of talent to run the type of offense Mike prefers.    :-\
Well yeah. They are doing the same scheme they have been doing for years. Rodgers is doing things the same way. THe only difference is that this year things are not working. That is why I don't buy that there is a problem between Rodgers and MM nor that Rodgers has an ego and is refusing to listen to MM. Nobody accues either one of what they are now when things were working. So, now because things aren't working there is these problems and ego between Rodgers and MM? Not buying it.
"Aaron Rodgers is a baaaaaaad man" - Stephen A. Smith

Offline iarwain

• HOF Member
« Reply #107 on: November 13, 2016, 09:55:50 PM »
Things weren't working with the offense last year either.  Unfortunately those problems have now extended to the rest of the team.  The defense and special teams both stink now.  Even Crosby missed an extra point.  When it rains it pours.

Personally, I think the season is lost.  I'm not giving up, but it's hard to see the road to redemption at this point.  Maybe if they get healthy and McCarthy puts in the offense they ran against the Bears (second half) and the Falcons.  Being in a crummy division also helps, because we are falling down the wild card ladder.

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #108 on: November 13, 2016, 10:51:51 PM »
Things weren't working with the offense last year either.  Unfortunately those problems have now extended to the rest of the team.  The defense and special teams both stink now.  Even Crosby missed an extra point.  When it rains it pours.

Personally, I think the season is lost.  I'm not giving up, but it's hard to see the road to redemption at this point.  Maybe if they get healthy and McCarthy puts in the offense they ran against the Bears (second half) and the Falcons.  Being in a crummy division also helps, because we are falling down the wild card ladder.

Even if by some act of God we make the playoffs what difference would it make?  We would probably be one and done yet again and get pushed further down the line in the draft.  Besides a new direction at the top it would be nice to be able to draft real difference makers in this next draft.

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #109 on: November 14, 2016, 05:02:22 AM »

Even if by some act of God we make the playoffs what difference would it make?  We would probably be one and done yet again and get pushed further down the line in the draft.  Besides a new direction at the top it would be nice to be able to draft real difference makers in this next draft.
A shot at the Super Bowl. Anything can happen once the playoffs start. The Packers are a recent example of that.

Offline Twain

• HOF Member
« Reply #110 on: November 14, 2016, 05:13:15 AM »
A shot at the Super Bowl. Anything can happen once the playoffs start. The Packers are a recent example of that.

Agree.

You can't always have a team like 1997 where you just dominate the league.  As '97 shows, even then you aren't guaranteed to win.

This team has the potential, and it still flashes that.  Coaches need to find the right adjustments for what is lacking.

If they don't get it together, they could go 6-10, but if they get it together they could still be a successful playoff team.
"The trouble ain't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."

Online B

• HOF Member
« Reply #111 on: January 09, 2017, 09:56:29 PM »
YES in fact one good enough to win the division and move on from the Wild Card Weekend to the divisional round at least.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 10:00:12 PM by B »
The Green Bay Packers never lost a football game.
They just ran out of time.
-Vince Lombardi

Offline R MaN

• All Pro
« Reply #112 on: January 10, 2017, 04:52:14 AM »
Now we are
As far back as I cam remember, I always wanted to be a gangster.

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #113 on: January 10, 2017, 08:23:15 AM »
Didn't need an act of god. Just Rodgers being Rodgers. And now, they have a legitimate shot to make the Super Bowl. And now you know why it is always a good thing to make the playoffs.

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
« Reply #114 on: January 10, 2017, 09:01:08 AM »
To answer the thread's question: Yes, we're a playoff team. Done. Back when the question was initially posed - things didnt look so good - so opinions reflecting that reality were expressed. Is there a problem with that? Aren't realistic assessments and opinions what we want to read?  I do at least. We're in and have a another game in a few days. Thats a good thing IMO

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • Where are we?
« Reply #115 on: January 16, 2017, 09:04:03 AM »

Just got done moving a bunch of posts out of this thread into a new thread which resides now in Rant and Vent.

Now back to.....Are we a playoff team?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 10:53:20 AM by LMG »
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Online B

• HOF Member
« Reply #116 on: January 18, 2017, 04:49:08 AM »

Now back to.....Are we a playoff team?

It depends, would playing in the NFC Championship qualify???
-- - which by the way will be Green Bay’s fourth NFC Championship appearance in the past 10 seasons, 2007, 2010, 2014 and 2016, the most in the NFC over that span.

If so, then the answer would be an unqualified yes.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 06:01:23 AM by B »
The Green Bay Packers never lost a football game.
They just ran out of time.
-Vince Lombardi