August 18, 2019, 09:29:27 PM

Author Topic: 2013 HOF Finalists  (Read 1980 times)

Offline Wisco

• All Pro
  • follow me on twitter @mccarty_cory
2013 HOF Finalists
« on: January 11, 2013, 12:28:28 PM »
Larry Allen (G/T), Jerome Bettis (RB), Tim Brown (WR), Cris Carter (WR), Curley Culp (DT/G), Edward DeBartolo Jr. (owner), Kevin Greene (LB), Charles Haley (DE), Art Modell (owner), Jonathan Ogden (OT), Bill Parcells (coach), Andre Reed (WR), Dave Robinson (LB), Warren Sapp (DT), Will Shields (G), Michael Strahan (DE), Aeneas Williams (CB)

Go Chris Carter/Micheal Strahan/Bill Parcells
New to the site

Offline mavajo

• HOF Member
  • sinatra - Posting at www.gbpackeraddicts.com now.
Re: 2013 HOF Finalists
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 12:35:06 PM »
Cris Carter - All Pro x2
Sterling Sharpe - All Pro x5

If Sharpe's not in, Carter doesn't deserve it either.  Carter's career was almost three times as long.  Also, Carter is an obnoxious tool.  That's not really relevant to his HOF candidacy, but I don't like missing out on an opportunity to point out that Carter is a massive nob.

Offline Terranimal

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 12:50:48 PM »
I'd go Tim Brown before Carter....

Offline Jeremy

• Starter
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 12:56:06 PM »
I know most people consider it a crime that Chris Carter isn't in already, but I giggle every time he gets passed over.   ;D

Offline vegas492

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 01:04:50 PM »
Larry Allen (G/T), Jerome Bettis (RB), Tim Brown (WR), Cris Carter (WR), Curley Culp (DT/G), Edward DeBartolo Jr. (owner), Kevin Greene (LB), Charles Haley (DE), Art Modell (owner), Jonathan Ogden (OT), Bill Parcells (coach), Andre Reed (WR), Dave Robinson (LB), Warren Sapp (DT), Will Shields (G), Michael Strahan (DE), Aeneas Williams (CB)

I thought that this was a loaded class. 
Larry Allen, one of the best guards to ever play.  Unreal strength and anchored the Cowboys Super Bowl teams.  He gets my vote.
Charles Haley, no other player has five Super Bowl rings.  Instrumental to the pass rush for San Francisco and Dallas.  He gets my vote.
Bill Parcells.  Won Super Bowls and built franchises.  He gets my vote.

No again to Cris Carter.  Posession receiver who hasn't helped his cause after retirement.
Class is too loaded to vote for Tim Brown, but I think he is deserving.  Remember he was an excellent returner as well.
Bettis.  Good, but not good enough to crack the HOF as a running back.
Kevin Greene.  Hard not to vote for the guy.  But he just misses out.
Sapp.  Give it another few years and I think he's in.
Strahan.  See Sapp, Warren.

Offline Jeremy

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 01:14:38 PM »

I thought that this was a loaded class. 
Larry Allen, one of the best guards to ever play.  Unreal strength and anchored the Cowboys Super Bowl teams.  He gets my vote.
Charles Haley, no other player has five Super Bowl rings.  Instrumental to the pass rush for San Francisco and Dallas.  He gets my vote.
Bill Parcells.  Won Super Bowls and built franchises.  He gets my vote.

No again to Cris Carter.  Posession receiver who hasn't helped his cause after retirement.
Class is too loaded to vote for Tim Brown, but I think he is deserving.  Remember he was an excellent returner as well.
Bettis.  Good, but not good enough to crack the HOF as a running back.
Kevin Greene.  Hard not to vote for the guy.  But he just misses out.
Sapp.  Give it another few years and I think he's in.
Strahan.  See Sapp, Warren.

Ogden's pretty much a slam dunk too, IMO. 

Offline Bud

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2013, 03:46:01 PM »
Not really enamored with any of the entries. Kevin Greene, yes, because I think he was a revolutionary, for a lack of a btter term, like LT. Not on that same level but close. Curly Culp as well. Other than that, they could go the route of the baseball hall of fame, or better yet, dig deep into the archives and get Jerry Kramer or other old timers who are more deserving.
“Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.” ~ Dan Gable

Antonio Andolini

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2013, 03:48:10 PM »
Don't forget Dave Robinson LB of the 13 time WORLD CHAMPION GREEN BAY PACKERS!

Offline Bud

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2013, 03:51:08 PM »
Don't forget Dave Robinson LB of the 13 time WORLD CHAMPION GREEN BAY PACKERS!

wow. I should bite my tongue and be banned from this site...what a blunder I made. Didn't even see his name, but yes, he is MORE than deserving.
“Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.” ~ Dan Gable

Offline GBP4EVER

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2013, 07:08:29 AM »
Man reason Carter has never got in IMO is because he was a druggie.

Also hope senior committee will some day put Kramer in the HOF.