October 17, 2019, 10:54:46 PM

Author Topic: Your Dream #1  (Read 9954 times)

Offline favre_4_ever

• Starter
Re: Your Dream #1
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2017, 05:47:33 AM »
The crazy thing is as talented as we are on offense (way more than on defense) Rodgers has NEVER really had a game breaker.... Jordy a few years ago was close but athletically, he's not even close to Aj Green and Julio Jones type wrs.... Hopefully he gets a Gronk, an Antonio Brown, or a David Johnson before he is done.... I can't even imagine the type of numbers one of those types of players would put up.

Offline Ellis269

• HOF Member
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2017, 09:23:28 AM »
RB: Dalvin Cook - Florida State - 6'0" - 215 lbs.

Even if they had to trade up to get him, this would be a coup. The top of the NFC is an arms race right now. Cowboys, Falcons, Seahawks and Cardinals are brimming with offensive talent. The Packers are LOADED at WR, have a game changing TE if Cook comes back and have an all purpose utility RB/WR hybrid in Montgomery. . . but they lack a game-breaking workhorse RB. Dalvin Cook is the perfect combination of size, speed, power and vision for this offense. He's as comfortable running up the middle behind a FB as he is running stretch zone from a spread offense. He would give the Packers an element in the backfield that Rodgers has never had - the ability to break away on any given run.

Let's be realistic, Draftek has Cook at #13, CBS at #5. Would you give up three first round picks to move up from #29, for a guy that had several run-ins with the law, over robbery, possessing and firing a gun at school, and battery in a bar. He also has had a couple of shoulder problems, not good for a RB. STILL want to give up 3 first rounders for him ?
I think there's a good chance that he falls into the late teens / early twenties for those reasons that you mentioned. He has some flaws and red flags. I don't think they're as serious as other prospects have, but that's subjective. IF he falls, then I think he's an ideal fit. If he doesn't fall, then you focus on someone else. I'd never advocate making a Julio Jones level trade for anyone other than a QB or a "can't miss" elite level defender (shut down corner or pass rusher.) If Cook is off the board, I'd hope the Packers can land one of Jabrill Peppers (who I'd try at CB first) or Christian McCaffrey (who I think is going to be a bigger, better version of Darren Sproles.) There's probably at least a dozen players that I'd be ecstatic for the Packers to grab in the first round, but Cook (at a reasonable price) would be my top choice.

Offline backthepack4ever

• All Pro
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2017, 12:13:40 PM »
RB: Dalvin Cook - Florida State - 6'0" - 215 lbs.

Even if they had to trade up to get him, this would be a coup. The top of the NFC is an arms race right now. Cowboys, Falcons, Seahawks and Cardinals are brimming with offensive talent. The Packers are LOADED at WR, have a game changing TE if Cook comes back and have an all purpose utility RB/WR hybrid in Montgomery. . . but they lack a game-breaking workhorse RB. Dalvin Cook is the perfect combination of size, speed, power and vision for this offense. He's as comfortable running up the middle behind a FB as he is running stretch zone from a spread offense. He would give the Packers an element in the backfield that Rodgers has never had - the ability to break away on any given run.

Let's be realistic, Draftek has Cook at #13, CBS at #5. Would you give up three first round picks to move up from #29, for a guy that had several run-ins with the law, over robbery, possessing and firing a gun at school, and battery in a bar. He also has had a couple of shoulder problems, not good for a RB. STILL want to give up 3 first rounders for him ?
I think there's a good chance that he falls into the late teens / early twenties for those reasons that you mentioned. He has some flaws and red flags. I don't think they're as serious as other prospects have, but that's subjective. IF he falls, then I think he's an ideal fit. If he doesn't fall, then you focus on someone else. I'd never advocate making a Julio Jones level trade for anyone other than a QB or a "can't miss" elite level defender (shut down corner or pass rusher.) If Cook is off the board, I'd hope the Packers can land one of Jabrill Peppers (who I'd try at CB first) or Christian McCaffrey (who I think is going to be a bigger, better version of Darren Sproles.) There's probably at least a dozen players that I'd be ecstatic for the Packers to grab in the first round, but Cook (at a reasonable price) would be my top choice.

man the last guys I want is peppers.  He isn't a cover guy.  Too small to play ILB in our d and he isn't beating out either of our Safeties.  I don't see him doing great things in the NFL.  He is a man without a position and I have seen plenty of guys get pissed when we draft tweener types.  No thanks to peppers.   

McCaffrey is another I don't want early.  we have gadget guys and I don't see him getting enough touches to be that 1st choice.  Love the player and kid but its not our O that needs fixing.  Our D needs pieces to stop teams.... playoff teams.  We just broke some unwanted records on how awful our D was against ATL.  A McCaffrey doesn't fix that imo. 

you can argue that the ATL d wasn't good this year, but they got better late as were good in the post season.  Their d has speed and a top pass rusher.  If we can do that our O will do its part.   Takk or a top CB not named King (I see a safety at the next level, he hasn't impressed at the SR bowl imo) should be the pick.  Both choices are BPA and fill needs

Offline SSGCujo

• HOF Member
  • Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way! G.Patton
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2017, 11:46:41 AM »
 If TT can get a good CB in free agency, draft the best LB available. If that's the case, Zach Cunningham, T. McKinley, T. Williams, or T.J. Watt, are all players that may be available at #29, depending on the combine. TT may also trade down, if the player he wants is gone.

Offline be_here_now

• All Pro
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2017, 10:24:21 PM »
TJ Watt!  bring on the pass rusher!  he's improved every year and we know he has the genetics to keep developing physically. 

he's a bit of a boom-or-bust type, and i wouldn't be surprised if this is a trade-down year with all the depth on defense in this draft.

Offline favre_4_ever

• Starter
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2017, 08:26:02 AM »
If TT can get a good CB in free agency, draft the best LB available. If that's the case, Zach Cunningham, T. McKinley, T. Williams, or T.J. Watt, are all players that may be available at #29, depending on the combine. TT may also trade down, if the player he wants is gone.

agree 100000%%

spend shields $$ on a corner-- resign perry one of the OL cook and Lacy--- jones too if he's cheap. and than draft defense!!!!!! Unless a sick TE/RB falls into our lap.

Offline SSGCujo

• HOF Member
  • Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way! G.Patton
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2017, 09:10:19 PM »
 This maybe a good year to trade down, if a top player doesn't drop. The combine will determine where players will end up. The Packers have to get faster. I want to see how fast some of these player really are.

Offline SET4YRS

• All Pro
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2017, 11:26:21 PM »
 Adoree Jackson

Fastest guy on the field and plays corner. Electric player.

Offline morango

• HOF Member
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2017, 04:23:42 PM »
Ahmad Carroll was the fastest guy on the field too.

Just sayin

Offline 246 toothpicks

• Starter
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2017, 05:41:18 PM »
I'd say a dream scenario at 29 would be any of these 3 players

Alvin Kamara-RB
Sidney Jones-CB
Jarrad Davis-ILB (I know a bit of a reach, but I like him).

Offline SET4YRS

• All Pro
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2017, 11:15:52 AM »
Ahmad Carroll was the fastest guy on the field too.

Just sayin

Does Adoree Jackson have character red flags I'm not seeing?

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2017, 10:47:27 AM »
"With three running backs in his first-round mock draft released on Wednesday, McShay has one of them going to the Packers at No. 29: Tennessee's Alvin Kamara."

http://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/37417/todd-mcshays-first-mock-draft-has-the-packers-taking-a-running-back

Offline claymaker

• HOF Member
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2017, 01:20:55 PM »
"With three running backs in his first-round mock draft released on Wednesday, McShay has one of them going to the Packers at No. 29: Tennessee's Alvin Kamara."

http://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/37417/todd-mcshays-first-mock-draft-has-the-packers-taking-a-running-back

Ew. I'd rather reach for McCaffrey than him. Both are a reach at 29. Trade down or pick a better player who can help the defense.

Offline Redt

• Starter
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2017, 02:36:37 PM »

Ew. I'd rather reach for McCaffrey than him. Both are a reach at 29. Trade down or pick a better player who can help the defense.
Totally agree, admittedly I have not watched much of McCaffery, but Kamara has never impressed, even though scouts love his skill set, I prefer football players.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2017, 02:52:30 PM »

Totally agree, admittedly I have not watched much of McCaffery, but Kamara has never impressed, even though scouts love his skill set, I prefer football players.

#29 is too early for Kamara, but I'm curious of your comment......"I prefer football players."

Could you elaborate?

He may not be a great between the tackles runner, but he has great versatility and is also a proven threat as a receiver.

I'd have no problem with AK in the 2nd round. But would he last until then?