October 15, 2019, 09:36:56 PM

Author Topic: Your Dream #1  (Read 9948 times)

Offline heikks86

• Starter
Re: Your Dream #1
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2017, 09:53:16 AM »
RB: Dalvin Cook - Florida State - 6'0" - 215 lbs.

Even if they had to trade up to get him, this would be a coup. The top of the NFC is an arms race right now. Cowboys, Falcons, Seahawks and Cardinals are brimming with offensive talent. The Packers are LOADED at WR, have a game changing TE if Cook comes back and have an all purpose utility RB/WR hybrid in Montgomery. . . but they lack a game-breaking workhorse RB. Dalvin Cook is the perfect combination of size, speed, power and vision for this offense. He's as comfortable running up the middle behind a FB as he is running stretch zone from a spread offense. He would give the Packers an element in the backfield that Rodgers has never had - the ability to break away on any given run.

Let's be realistic, Draftek has Cook at #13, CBS at #5. Would you give up three first round picks to move up from #29, for a guy that had several run-ins with the law, over robbery, possessing and firing a gun at school, and battery in a bar. He also has had a couple of shoulder problems, not good for a RB. STILL want to give up 3 first rounders for him ?
I think there's a good chance that he falls into the late teens / early twenties for those reasons that you mentioned. He has some flaws and red flags. I don't think they're as serious as other prospects have, but that's subjective. IF he falls, then I think he's an ideal fit. If he doesn't fall, then you focus on someone else. I'd never advocate making a Julio Jones level trade for anyone other than a QB or a "can't miss" elite level defender (shut down corner or pass rusher.) If Cook is off the board, I'd hope the Packers can land one of Jabrill Peppers (who I'd try at CB first) or Christian McCaffrey (who I think is going to be a bigger, better version of Darren Sproles.) There's probably at least a dozen players that I'd be ecstatic for the Packers to grab in the first round, but Cook (at a reasonable price) would be my top choice.

man the last guys I want is peppers.  He isn't a cover guy.  Too small to play ILB in our d and he isn't beating out either of our Safeties.  I don't see him doing great things in the NFL.  He is a man without a position and I have seen plenty of guys get pissed when we draft tweener types.  No thanks to peppers.   

McCaffrey is another I don't want early.  we have gadget guys and I don't see him getting enough touches to be that 1st choice.  Love the player and kid but its not our O that needs fixing.  Our D needs pieces to stop teams.... playoff teams.  We just broke some unwanted records on how awful our D was against ATL.  A McCaffrey doesn't fix that imo. 

you can argue that the ATL d wasn't good this year, but they got better late as were good in the post season.  Their d has speed and a top pass rusher.  If we can do that our O will do its part.   Takk or a top CB not named King (I see a safety at the next level, he hasn't impressed at the SR bowl imo) should be the pick.  Both choices are BPA and fill needs

Peppers probably won't be around when the Packers pick. After the combine he will go in the top 10-15. He might not have a typical NFL position but he can be used multiple ways, offense, corner, safety, olb and returner.

He had 15 tfls and 3.5 sacks as an "undersized" olb this past season. The knock on him is a lack of ints but he got hurt his freshman year played safety his soph and olb his junior year. He needs to improve his cover skills but I would except he will develop those in the NFL and whoever drafts him will be happy with the pick

Offline Redt

• Starter
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2017, 01:06:00 PM »
"With three running backs in his first-round mock draft released on Wednesday, McShay has one of them going to the Packers at No. 29: Tennessee's Alvin Kamara."

http://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/37417/todd-mcshays-first-mock-draft-has-the-packers-taking-a-running-back

Ew. I'd rather reach for McCaffrey than him. Both are a reach at 29. Trade down or pick a better player who can help the defense.

Totally agree, admittedly I have not watched much of McCaffery, but Kamara has never impressed, even though scouts love his skill set, I prefer football players.

#29 is too early for Kamara, but I'm curious of your comment......"I prefer football players."

Could you elaborate?

He may not be a great between the tackles runner, but he has great versatility and is also a proven threat as a receiver.

I'd have no problem with AK in the 2nd round. But would he last until then?

He just seemed soft every time I watched him, by football players I guess I am referring to toughness/meanstreak/not afraid of contact. This team has a reputation for being soft and I can't disagree.

Offline OnaBadger58

• Starter
« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2017, 08:32:23 AM »
Don't be so sure that Kamara at 29 is too early.

Offline claymaker

• HOF Member
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2017, 01:06:01 PM »
Don't be so sure that Kamara at 29 is too early.

I am. Daniel Jeremiah is always wrong.

Many had Green Bay taking Lacy in the first round, ended up taking him in the 2nd. 2nd is where I think he'll go. Nor is he some game breaking RB, so I don't see the need to draft him @29 for a team that doesn't have a gaping hole at RB.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 01:07:40 PM by claymaker »

Offline backthepack4ever

• All Pro
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2017, 08:08:40 AM »
RB: Dalvin Cook - Florida State - 6'0" - 215 lbs.

Even if they had to trade up to get him, this would be a coup. The top of the NFC is an arms race right now. Cowboys, Falcons, Seahawks and Cardinals are brimming with offensive talent. The Packers are LOADED at WR, have a game changing TE if Cook comes back and have an all purpose utility RB/WR hybrid in Montgomery. . . but they lack a game-breaking workhorse RB. Dalvin Cook is the perfect combination of size, speed, power and vision for this offense. He's as comfortable running up the middle behind a FB as he is running stretch zone from a spread offense. He would give the Packers an element in the backfield that Rodgers has never had - the ability to break away on any given run.

Let's be realistic, Draftek has Cook at #13, CBS at #5. Would you give up three first round picks to move up from #29, for a guy that had several run-ins with the law, over robbery, possessing and firing a gun at school, and battery in a bar. He also has had a couple of shoulder problems, not good for a RB. STILL want to give up 3 first rounders for him ?
I think there's a good chance that he falls into the late teens / early twenties for those reasons that you mentioned. He has some flaws and red flags. I don't think they're as serious as other prospects have, but that's subjective. IF he falls, then I think he's an ideal fit. If he doesn't fall, then you focus on someone else. I'd never advocate making a Julio Jones level trade for anyone other than a QB or a "can't miss" elite level defender (shut down corner or pass rusher.) If Cook is off the board, I'd hope the Packers can land one of Jabrill Peppers (who I'd try at CB first) or Christian McCaffrey (who I think is going to be a bigger, better version of Darren Sproles.) There's probably at least a dozen players that I'd be ecstatic for the Packers to grab in the first round, but Cook (at a reasonable price) would be my top choice.

man the last guys I want is peppers.  He isn't a cover guy.  Too small to play ILB in our d and he isn't beating out either of our Safeties.  I don't see him doing great things in the NFL.  He is a man without a position and I have seen plenty of guys get pissed when we draft tweener types.  No thanks to peppers.   

McCaffrey is another I don't want early.  we have gadget guys and I don't see him getting enough touches to be that 1st choice.  Love the player and kid but its not our O that needs fixing.  Our D needs pieces to stop teams.... playoff teams.  We just broke some unwanted records on how awful our D was against ATL.  A McCaffrey doesn't fix that imo. 

you can argue that the ATL d wasn't good this year, but they got better late as were good in the post season.  Their d has speed and a top pass rusher.  If we can do that our O will do its part.   Takk or a top CB not named King (I see a safety at the next level, he hasn't impressed at the SR bowl imo) should be the pick.  Both choices are BPA and fill needs

Peppers probably won't be around when the Packers pick. After the combine he will go in the top 10-15. He might not have a typical NFL position but he can be used multiple ways, offense, corner, safety, olb and returner.

He had 15 tfls and 3.5 sacks as an "undersized" olb this past season. The knock on him is a lack of ints but he got hurt his freshman year played safety his soph and olb his junior year. He needs to improve his cover skills but I would except he will develop those in the NFL and whoever drafts him will be happy with the pick

man I just don't see it.  as for an OLBer in a 3-4, he is way undersided.  That is a fact.  Even on the heavy size he isn't 215 and is short.  No way He is an OLBer in a 3-4.  He is on the small side for any LBer position in the pros.  He is a safety type that can be moved around.  Sure he could be effective in sub packages but I don't see a 1st rounder in him.  As far as on offense.  He cant do what Monty does, so I don't see the value there.   

If hes on the board at the end of the 2nd I could live with it but nothing before that for the packers

Offline SSG

• HOF Member
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2017, 08:59:23 AM »

man I just don't see it.  as for an OLBer in a 3-4, he is way undersided.  That is a fact.  Even on the heavy size he isn't 215 and is short.  No way He is an OLBer in a 3-4.  He is on the small side for any LBer position in the pros.  He is a safety type that can be moved around.  Sure he could be effective in sub packages but I don't see a 1st rounder in him.  As far as on offense.  He cant do what Monty does, so I don't see the value there.   

If hes on the board at the end of the 2nd I could live with it but nothing before that for the packers

IMO, he's going to grade out as one of the premier athletes in this year's class.  I think he'll go in the first round..  While he kind of got screwed at Michigan by jumping from position to position to position, I think there are NFL coaches that would kill to have that level of athleticism in a kid that is that football savy.  Unless he bombs at the combine, the chances of him falling out of the first IMO is slim. 

Peppers isn't going to run the routes or catch the ball as well as Monty but if he's got the football in his hands, he'll do some things that Monty can't do.  Monty is a great athlete, but he doesn't have the 4.3 speed or acceleration that many expect Peppers to have.  I think Peppers is going to be bigger, stronger and substantially faster. 

I agree with some of what you said.  Peppers isn't playing OLB for the GBP.  Unless he's being moved to CB, we don't have a spot for him. 
Act your age, not your shoe size.

Offline ramrod

• Starter
« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2017, 02:32:45 PM »
My dream player would be Chris Harris. Either him or Watt will be my first pick in the first round. Of course the combine may dictate if both are taken before our pick.
 Here is to hoping one drops to us.

Offline ramrod

• Starter
« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2017, 02:36:14 PM »
I meant Charles Harris. Don't know why I always refer him as Chris!!

Offline Twain

• HOF Member
« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2017, 02:39:38 PM »

IMO, he's going to grade out as one of the premier athletes in this year's class.  I think he'll go in the first round..  While he kind of got screwed at Michigan by jumping from position to position to position, I think there are NFL coaches that would kill to have that level of athleticism in a kid that is that football savy.  Unless he bombs at the combine, the chances of him falling out of the first IMO is slim. 

Peppers isn't going to run the routes or catch the ball as well as Monty but if he's got the football in his hands, he'll do some things that Monty can't do.  Monty is a great athlete, but he doesn't have the 4.3 speed or acceleration that many expect Peppers to have.  I think Peppers is going to be bigger, stronger and substantially faster. 

I agree with some of what you said.  Peppers isn't playing OLB for the GBP.  Unless he's being moved to CB, we don't have a spot for him.

How about running back?
"The trouble ain't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."