September 18, 2019, 02:30:34 AM

Author Topic: Lacy  (Read 33751 times)

Offline scoremore

• HOF Member
Re: Lacy
« Reply #75 on: March 01, 2017, 07:38:59 AM »
That's very true hands.  Sounded like major ankle surgery involving screws and plates.  He might not come back the same.  If this is the case it sucks but will have to take a pass.  The ankle is a major concern...

Offline JQ

• HOF Member
« Reply #76 on: March 01, 2017, 09:49:55 AM »
That's very true hands. Sounded like major ankle surgery involving screws and plates. He might not come back the same.  If this is the case it sucks but will have to take a pass.  The ankle is a major concern...

Score, where did you see that information? I’m curious about the source(s). That seems odd for an ankle sprain.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 09:50:37 AM by JQ »

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #77 on: March 01, 2017, 10:02:15 AM »
That's very true hands. Sounded like major ankle surgery involving screws and plates. He might not come back the same.  If this is the case it sucks but will have to take a pass.  The ankle is a major concern...

Score, where did you see that information? I’m curious about the source(s). That seems odd for an ankle sprain.
Said it in an interview with Adam Schefter:

http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2017/02/28/rehabbing-eddie-lacy-has-plenty-prove/98525688/

Lacy’s attempt to rehabilitate his career in a contract year ended after five games when the Packers placed him on injured reserve with an ankle injury. In an interview aired Tuesday with ESPN’s Adam Schefter, Lacy said his season-ending surgery was to insert two screws, two wires and a plate in his ankle, where he “messed up my deltoid (ligament) and widened the bone.”
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 10:04:42 AM by cpk1994 »
"Aaron Rodgers is a baaaaaaad man" - Stephen A. Smith

Offline JQ

• HOF Member
« Reply #78 on: March 01, 2017, 10:20:57 AM »

Said it in an interview with Adam Schefter:

http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2017/02/28/rehabbing-eddie-lacy-has-plenty-prove/98525688/

Lacy’s attempt to rehabilitate his career in a contract year ended after five games when the Packers placed him on injured reserve with an ankle injury. In an interview aired Tuesday with ESPN’s Adam Schefter, Lacy said his season-ending surgery was to insert two screws, two wires and a plate in his ankle, where he “messed up my deltoid (ligament) and widened the bone.”

Ah, thanks cpk, for the link.

Offline ThatGuy284

• HOF Member
« Reply #79 on: March 01, 2017, 10:59:45 AM »
Also had the toe fusion in college which caused at least a couple teams to take him off their board (or at least significantly lower his standing in the draft).  Longevity was always going to be a concern with Lacy even before weight issues and this recent ankle problem.

Offline craig

• HOF Member
« Reply #80 on: March 01, 2017, 11:17:26 AM »

Thanks, hadn't seen that.  I wonder how much playing him for so much of 2015 on bad ankle aggravates that. 

Seems fairly easy.  Sign him.  Include some incentives.  Use one of your 5th round picks on a new back.  Teach Montgomery to block.  See how it goes.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #81 on: March 01, 2017, 12:04:25 PM »
Screws
Plates
Wires

The more I think about this, the more I think GB should pass on Eddie and draft a bigger sized RB (Mixon, Perine, Conner, Hood), and then bring in an udfa or two. With it being a deep draft at RB, you have to think that RB's will go undrafted this  who would normally have been drafted.

Just say'in.  twocents)

Offline Hands

• HOF Member
    • Uncover
« Reply #82 on: March 01, 2017, 01:37:06 PM »
I just read that the Detroit GM was sad that Mixon wasn't admitted to the Combine. He also stated that Mixon was still on their draft board. Hearing that I wonder how many GMs feel the same way and will grab Mixon as soon as he falls far enough to say " he's a first round talent and has been punished enough".
In the land of the blind.....the one eye man is king!

Offline craig

• HOF Member
« Reply #83 on: March 01, 2017, 02:18:10 PM »
..The more I think about this, the more I think GB should pass on Eddie and draft a bigger sized RB ...

I sometimes wonder how it would work if the Packers drafted for quickness/speed, even if size was average instead of big?  I recall thinking it was fun (well, kind of non-fun when it was happening against us) to watch the Atlanta backs, and how quickly they could stop and go and leave our big guys off balance. 

Don't imagine TT or MM are interested in speed/quickness back there, but I've sometimes wondered if it might not have some value in the Rodgers offense. 

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #84 on: March 01, 2017, 03:45:05 PM »
..The more I think about this, the more I think GB should pass on Eddie and draft a bigger sized RB ...

I sometimes wonder how it would work if the Packers drafted for quickness/speed, even if size was average instead of big?  I recall thinking it was fun (well, kind of non-fun when it was happening against us) to watch the Atlanta backs, and how quickly they could stop and go and leave our big guys off balance. 

Don't imagine TT or MM are interested in speed/quickness back there, but I've sometimes wondered if it might not have some value in the Rodgers offense.

Kinda thought Monty brought that to the table.

Plus, you could bring in a late round/udfa RB that fits that description, couldn't you?
(Elijah Davis, Stanley Williams, Shock Linwood, Darius Victor...........to name a few)

Offline Big Lou

• Starter
« Reply #85 on: March 09, 2017, 02:28:11 PM »
Per numerous reports, Lacy is set to visit Seattle, Minnesota, and Green Bay.

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • Where are we?
« Reply #86 on: March 09, 2017, 02:30:02 PM »
Per numerous reports, Lacy is set to visit Seattle, Minnesota, and Green Bay.

And the 'reports' are from where?

Links??
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

maxman44

« Reply #87 on: March 09, 2017, 02:32:14 PM »
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 02:32:47 PM by maxman44 »

Offline craig

• HOF Member
« Reply #88 on: March 09, 2017, 02:45:56 PM »
For Lacy's sake, not sure he really wants to run behind Minne's o-line?  Or Seattle's either, for that matter? 

Packers line isn't very strong and can't push much for short-yardage.  But not sure Vikes or Seattle would be any better for him? 

Offline The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #89 on: March 09, 2017, 03:41:32 PM »
May the city with the best restaurants win.