July 16, 2019, 03:00:59 AM

Author Topic: Lacy  (Read 32258 times)

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
Re: Lacy
« Reply #105 on: March 11, 2017, 11:06:59 AM »
His weight is more of a concern to me than his injuries.

His weight is not a concern to me, but his conditioning is. Even though he essentially gained most of the weight back by the start of the season, his conditioning was much better in '16 than it was the year before. He was averaging 5.1 YPC and likely would have had a 1,000 yard season if not for the untimely ankle injury.

Your body weight puts a lot of added pressure in knee/ankle joints. Given his "ankle history" with GB, his weight will continue to concern me.

Offline The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #106 on: March 11, 2017, 11:43:32 AM »
Lacy leaving Seattle, and visits Minnnesota today, and Green Bay on Monday.  My take of Lacys "visit" to GB if he makes it, will be a free ride on a scale, and a low, incentive based deal offer. JMO.

Offline JQ

• HOF Member
« Reply #107 on: March 11, 2017, 11:49:43 AM »
I think Lacy is committed to playing football, but I agree that he needs to remain diligent in his efforts to stay in shape and keep his weight under control.

To me, that’s why it makes perfect sense for any contract the Packers offer to be incentive-heavy, and including weight and conditioning clauses. I think Eddie Lacy is a good football player, and he is an asset to the squad. I hope the Green Bay High Command finds a way to keep him under contract.

I continue to remain baffled at the vitriol some posters direct toward this young man. He’s done nothing to deserve it, in my opinion. He lost his focus a couple seasons back; he was 24-25 years old, for crying out loud! Speaking for myself, I accumulated more than a few bumps and bashes when I was in my mid 20s. He was, and still is a kid, and mistakes have been made. It cost him, back then, and is probably costing him some money now. Hopefully he’s learned some Life Lessons.

But he hasn’t broken any laws, he hasn’t been a pain in the a$$ for the Packer coaching staff, and by all accounts I’ve seen, he’s a very likable young guy.  OK, I’ve expressed my opinion, and I’ll give it rest.  ( - ; #
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 01:14:55 PM by JQ »

Offline Toddfather

• HOF Member
« Reply #108 on: March 11, 2017, 12:35:45 PM »
I still think he ends up back here. They like him, and he was having a good start of the year. I think Eddie wants to be back here too. No proof, just a cut feeling.

Offline The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #109 on: March 11, 2017, 12:41:43 PM »
I still think he ends up back here. They like him, and he was having a good start of the year. I think Eddie wants to be back here too. No proof, just a cut feeling.

Agree.

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
« Reply #110 on: March 11, 2017, 03:58:01 PM »

Agree.

I'm starting to wonder. What with FA outlays already - the need to resign some of our own still (Lang/DJones?) - and potential (although I'm thinking it less likely by the moment....) of bringing Barwain over - I'm wondering if a RB in the draft is becoming more likely.

And just to break character completely - if thats the case, I say get this guy Mixon. (Is that how you spell it? LOL) A problem child but a killer on the football field (from what I hear.....) - and cheap.

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #111 on: March 11, 2017, 04:10:34 PM »
And just to break character completely - if thats the case, I say get this guy Mixon. (Is that how you spell it? LOL) A problem child but a killer on the football field (from what I hear.....) - and cheap.

Yes, it's Mixon (thankfully his middle name isn't Spiro). and yes, there would be a lot of heat for signing this guy after that vicious video. But he never claimed "I am not a crook", nor did he hide from the incident. Is this a pattern or an aberration? That is the question. If the latter, then by all means, he would be a great value in the third or later.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
« Reply #112 on: March 11, 2017, 04:33:06 PM »

Yes, it's Mixon (thankfully his middle name isn't Spiro). and yes, there would be a lot of heat for signing this guy after that vicious video. But he never claimed "I am not a crook", nor did he hide from the incident. Is this a pattern or an aberration? That is the question. If the latter, then by all means, he would be a great value in the third or later.

Would he last until the 3rd? I've not checked any of the RB listings and have a few "names" in my head that will probably be gone early. If this guy hadnt hit this woman where would be be ranked?

Listen - I'm not zoned in on the guy. Know next to nothing about him - but I've grown a bit tired of "waiting" for "our guy" to drop to us - or passing on talented but "troubled" talent that prove to be difference makers in the NFL - and in context to Lacy's current situation, I'm wondering if we're gonna pass on him to draft somebody.

Offline The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #113 on: March 11, 2017, 04:47:56 PM »
Take look at RB Joe Williams, Utah, he quit football once and came back, big guy, who fits the criteria of a typical TT running back.  The Ryan Grant/Starks type.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #114 on: March 11, 2017, 04:56:44 PM »

Would he last until the 3rd? I've not checked any of the RB listings and have a few "names" in my head that will probably be gone early. If this guy hadnt hit this woman where would be be ranked?

Listen - I'm not zoned in on the guy. Know next to nothing about him - but I've grown a bit tired of "waiting" for "our guy" to drop to us - or passing on talented but "troubled" talent that prove to be difference makers in the NFL - and in context to Lacy's current situation, I'm wondering if we're gonna pass on him to draft somebody.

Mixon might have been the 3rd runningback off the board after Fournette and Cook............yes he's that good.

He won't make it out of the 2nd round, so nobody get their hopes up.

Offline The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #115 on: March 12, 2017, 12:51:56 PM »
Lacy might be headed to the Vikings.  Stay tuned.

Offline Lodestar

• HOF Member
« Reply #116 on: March 12, 2017, 12:57:39 PM »

Yeah, I saw on Reddit that he's unfollowed the Packers on Instagram and begun following the Vikings.

Gonna suck to see him in purple, if that's indeed the case. Sitton to Bears, Lacy to Vikings, Lang to Lions... why, guys, why???

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #117 on: March 12, 2017, 12:58:19 PM »

Good!

Maybe another comp pick!

I wonder how that ankle will hold up on indoor turf?

Offline The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #118 on: March 12, 2017, 01:41:40 PM »
Lacy is expected to visit the Packers on Monday.  This was the plan before he visited Seattle and Minn.  Ive heard the Packers have a low offer on the table. Dont know what it is, or what he was offered from Sea or Minn.  This very well could be TTs stay or go decision  for Lacy on Monday or even sooner.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 01:43:06 PM by The GM »

Offline Striker

• HOF Member
« Reply #119 on: March 12, 2017, 01:50:46 PM »
Hope Lacy knows the beating he's in for behind that Minnesota line if he indeed signs there.