September 16, 2019, 01:27:29 AM

Author Topic: Lacy  (Read 33661 times)

Online The GM

• HOF Member
Re: Lacy
« Reply #120 on: March 12, 2017, 02:00:19 PM »
Hope Lacy knows the beating he's in for behind that Minnesota line if he indeed signs there.

Agree, but not knowing the offers it may be the best deal for him. 

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #121 on: March 12, 2017, 02:01:35 PM »
Hope Lacy knows the beating he's in for behind that Minnesota line if he indeed signs there.

First thing he's going to do after he signs is start eating. He's getting this payday and football will be even less important to him.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline SSG

• HOF Member
« Reply #122 on: March 12, 2017, 02:12:11 PM »

First thing he's going to do after he signs is start eating. He's getting this payday and football will be even less important to him.

This is such an utterly ridiculous thing to say.  Its as if your hatred for this dude didn't allow you to watch one single snap last season. We get it.... You don't like lacy.  You think he is fat, slow and lazy despite how he played last year before the injury.  The idea that Eddie Lacy is going to eat himself out of the NFL after a modest contract is ridiculous.

People must have forgotten that Nick Perry had to sign a 1 year deal for 1.5 million guaranteed because of a terrible contract year.  He didn't quit after achieving substantially less in his first contract, I don't expect Lacy too. 
Act your age, not your shoe size.

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #123 on: March 12, 2017, 02:14:56 PM »
Get back to me in 2 years with your vitriol. Then let's see where Lacy.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline SSG

• HOF Member
« Reply #124 on: March 12, 2017, 02:19:03 PM »
Get back to me in 2 years with your vitriol. Then let's see where Lacy.

Why?  You are clearly going to ignore anything that doesn't meet your agenda.  The fact that you can ignore 100% of the 2016 season says it all.  Not going to waste my time telling you are wrong because you are going to see exactly what you want to see regardless of what does or doesn't occur on the field.
Act your age, not your shoe size.

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
« Reply #125 on: March 12, 2017, 02:32:54 PM »
Lacy might be headed to the Vikings.  Stay tuned.

Yeah, I saw on Reddit that he's unfollowed the Packers on Instagram and begun following the Vikings.

Gonna suck to see him in purple, if that's indeed the case. Sitton to Bears, Lacy to Vikings, Lang to Lions... why, guys, why???

Because they couldnt tolerate a future that didnt include playing @ Lambeau? This social media thing's interesting. Last I heard Lang had picked up SEA on Twitter. Didnt seem to have a bearing....or perhaps it did. Maybe he got clued in to the SEA fan base and ditched them for DET. Not working with much...but trying to put some pieces together  :)

Offline BTIdaho

• Starter
« Reply #126 on: March 12, 2017, 02:40:11 PM »
 What concerns me the most about Lacy is the status of his ankle. Being in the medical field, and a physical therapist, I've seen deltoid ligament injuries before. It is not particularly common  and can be very debilitating for non-athletes. It is a broad and expansive ligament compared to the outside of the ankle. Of the 10 or 12 patients that I've seen, most are happy to walk without a limp much less play professional sports. Of course, I'm comparing apples to oranges here but it has to be a huge concern for the Packers' medical staff.   

maxman44

« Reply #127 on: March 12, 2017, 03:21:27 PM »
Rob Demovsky‏Verified account @RobDemovsky 27s27 seconds ago

Rob Demovsky Retweeted Minnesota Vikings

Supposed to head to Green Bay next. Presumably that's just a medical check.

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #128 on: March 12, 2017, 04:11:25 PM »
Lacy might be headed to the Vikings.  Stay tuned.

Yeah, I saw on Reddit that he's unfollowed the Packers on Instagram and begun following the Vikings.

Lang did much of the same with the Seahawks.  Probably just a negotiating ploy.  IMO TT is going to offer him what hes worth to the Packers, take it or leave it.  After the ankle gets checked out tomorrow.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 04:14:59 PM by The GM »

Offline PackerJoe

• All Pro
« Reply #129 on: March 12, 2017, 04:48:45 PM »
TT sign Lacey and Micheal and let's move on with the three guys we got!  Close this story, much like we did with the TE's!!!

Offline scoremore

• HOF Member
« Reply #130 on: March 12, 2017, 05:14:38 PM »
After reading up on that ankle not such an easy decision.  He might not come back the same guy. 

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #131 on: March 12, 2017, 05:35:25 PM »
After reading up on that ankle not such an easy decision.  He might not come back the same guy.

I think they'll be cautious with their offer.  As I said before I'd  only sign him as insurance in case you cant find somebody in the draft.  If the ankle works out, great, draft somebody to push him. With Montgomery back there, Lacys playing time and carries will likely decrease a little, maybe a lot. JMO
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 05:48:43 PM by The GM »

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #132 on: March 12, 2017, 07:28:21 PM »

I think they'll be cautious with their offer.  As I said before I'd  only sign him as insurance in case you cant find somebody in the draft.  If the ankle works out, great, draft somebody to push him. With Montgomery back there, Lacys playing time and carries will likely decrease a little, maybe a lot. JMO
They need a hell of a lot more than Montgomery. He is not an every down back.
"Aaron Rodgers is a baaaaaaad man" - Stephen A. Smith

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #133 on: March 12, 2017, 07:35:21 PM »
interesting!

There's a ton of free agent RB's but almost no takers on the lot!
Only two have been signed since the start of free agency.
What does that mean?

http://overthecap.com/free-agency

Offline heikks86

• Starter
« Reply #134 on: March 12, 2017, 07:51:52 PM »
interesting!

There's a ton of free agent RB's but almost no takers on the lot!
Only two have been signed since the start of free agency.
What does that mean?

http://overthecap.com/free-agency

That's pretty crazy all those running backs who have had decent careers, and the only two to sign are Danny woodhead and George Winn.

Seems like teams are either content with what they have, or waiting to see what they can get in the draft before they delve into free agency