October 16, 2019, 11:03:10 PM

Author Topic: Lacy  (Read 34363 times)

Online The GM

• HOF Member
Re: Lacy
« Reply #135 on: March 12, 2017, 09:08:12 PM »
After reading up on that ankle not such an easy decision.  He might not come back the same guy.

I think they'll be cautious with their offer.  As I said before I'd  only sign him as insurance in case you cant find somebody in the draft.  If the ankle works out, great, draft somebody to push him. With Montgomery back there, Lacys playing time and carries will likely decrease a little, maybe a lot. JMO
They need a hell of a lot more than Montgomery. He is not an every down back.
No, but Lacys carries will likely be smaller with Montgomery emerging.  Montgomerys skillset is going to cut into Lacys playing time.  Not saying either one will be the feature back, but the days of Lacy being a 3 down back are over at least in GB.  You'll see much more RBBC with Lacy and Montgomery depending on game situations.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 09:26:48 PM by The GM »

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #136 on: March 12, 2017, 09:24:01 PM »
TT sign Lacey and Micheal and let's move on with the three guys we got!  Close this story, much like we did with the TE's!!!

I'm all for Lacy on a one year "prove it" deal but not Micheal - I don't think Christine has to worry about his MENSA dues.   ;)    Instead I'd draft a RB next month after the 2nd round.

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #137 on: March 13, 2017, 03:27:49 AM »
interesting!

There's a ton of free agent RB's but almost no takers on the lot!
Only two have been signed since the start of free agency.
What does that mean?

http://overthecap.com/free-agency

That teams are looking at Elliott and going, why not us? Why sign someone like Peterson or Charles for big bucks and injury histories just because they're "names"? Lacy? He is apparently still an unknown to other teams. Some good years, valuable when healthy, but injury questions and possible motivation problems. So, what's the hurry? Sit back, let the market develop, build up your line (which a fair number of teams seem to be doing), and draft a decent prospect to carry the ball. Four years at a reasonable price to see what you have. Doesn't work out? Rinse and repeat.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline Big Lou

• Starter
« Reply #138 on: March 13, 2017, 10:20:42 AM »
interesting!

There's a ton of free agent RB's but almost no takers on the lot!
Only two have been signed since the start of free agency.
What does that mean?

http://overthecap.com/free-agency

That's pretty crazy all those running backs who have had decent careers, and the only two to sign are Danny woodhead and George Winn.

Seems like teams are either content with what they have, or waiting to see what they can get in the draft before they delve into free agency

So, you're telling me that the Buffalo Bills signed as many Fullbacks on day one of free agency than the number of RB's signed in total so far?   ;D

Offline Tony

• HOF Member
« Reply #139 on: March 13, 2017, 01:08:02 PM »
Lacy has "unfollowed" the Packers on Instagram and started following the Vikings.  Not trying to look too much into this, but my first reaction is why would he do this right before meeting with the Packers?  Not a smart or professional negotiation tactic in my opinion.

http://www.12up.com/posts/4713845-packers-fans-are-freaking-out-over-eddie-lacy-s-latest-social-media-move?a_aid=40396
“There’s a man going round, taking names, and he decides who to free and who to blame!”  LMG ala Johnny Cash

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • Where are we?
« Reply #140 on: March 13, 2017, 02:03:32 PM »
Old news posted yesterday Tony but thanks.
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #141 on: March 13, 2017, 02:19:46 PM »
Lacy has "unfollowed" the Packers on Instagram and started following the Vikings.  Not trying to look too much into this, but my first reaction is why would he do this right before meeting with the Packers?  Not a smart or professional negotiation tactic in my opinion.

http://www.12up.com/posts/4713845-packers-fans-are-freaking-out-over-eddie-lacy-s-latest-social-media-move?a_aid=40396

Negotiating tactic, nothing more.  Lang did the same thing with Seattle.  TT doesn't play that.

Offline heikks86

• Starter
« Reply #142 on: March 13, 2017, 03:01:13 PM »

Negotiating tactic, nothing more.  Lang did the same thing with Seattle.  TT doesn't play that.

That might work when a teenage girl does it to a teenage boy, but I doubt an NFL team pays attention to it

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #143 on: March 13, 2017, 03:46:03 PM »
Does Ted even use Instgram?

;D 8)

Offline bbayley

• HOF Member
« Reply #144 on: March 13, 2017, 04:37:19 PM »
Does Ted even use Instgram?

;D 8)

Think he's probably working on his MyFace of FaceGram profile with Belichick

Offline Striker

• HOF Member
« Reply #145 on: March 14, 2017, 09:13:10 AM »
Lacy to Seahawks:

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet  2m2 minutes ago
 Per @_SportsTrust, RB Eddie Lacy has agreed to terms with the #Seahawks. They answer their RB question

Offline Striker

• HOF Member
« Reply #146 on: March 14, 2017, 09:14:32 AM »
Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter  27s28 seconds ago
 Eddie Lacy's deal in Seattle: 1 year, $5.55M with $3M fully guaranteed, per source.

Offline Lodestar

• HOF Member
« Reply #147 on: March 14, 2017, 09:17:47 AM »
Noooooooo Eddie nooooooooooooooooooooo  :'(

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
« Reply #148 on: March 14, 2017, 09:18:45 AM »
Okay. That ends that mystery.
Gotta move on with a "playmaker".

Online scoremore

• HOF Member
« Reply #149 on: March 14, 2017, 09:20:53 AM »
A little high they must think his ankle will hold up.  More than I would have paid.  It's a risky signing IMO.  We'll have to find a RB in the draft.  Not that upset with the loss of Lacy.  He's a beast when healthy though.  Should be interesting to see how he performs this year.