July 16, 2019, 03:49:25 PM

Author Topic: Lacy  (Read 32304 times)

Offline Tony

• HOF Member
Re: Lacy
« Reply #150 on: March 14, 2017, 09:33:31 AM »
Ugh, I'm going to miss him bashing up the field, dragging two or three guys with him.  Man, if he could've just stayed healthy, I believe he could've been really special here in Titletown.  Have to admit I have a knot in my stomach about this one, but I trust we'll find a great back in this deep draft this year.
“There’s a man going round, taking names, and he decides who to free and who to blame!”  LMG ala Johnny Cash

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #151 on: March 14, 2017, 09:35:04 AM »
A little high they must think his ankle will hold up.  More than I would have paid.  It's a risky signing IMO.  We'll have to find a RB in the draft.  Not that upset with the loss of Lacy.  He's a beast when healthy though.  Should be interesting to see how he performs this year.
It's one year. There is no risk at all. They are out 5 million max if it doesn't work out.
"Aaron Rodgers is a baaaaaaad man" - Stephen A. Smith

Offline WTX_Cheese

• All Pro
« Reply #152 on: March 14, 2017, 09:38:10 AM »
I understand moving on from him as he could never stay healthy, but I do love his running style! Bummer.

Offline Lodestar

• HOF Member
« Reply #153 on: March 14, 2017, 09:41:50 AM »
One of my favourite players. Very sad to see him go. Even worse having to root against him now.  :-[

Offline Lodestar

• HOF Member
« Reply #154 on: March 14, 2017, 09:42:45 AM »
On the plus side, we are going to have so many draft picks next year.

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
« Reply #155 on: March 14, 2017, 09:51:38 AM »
Tell the truth.....I'm not entirely busted up that Lacy's moved on. SEA's not the destination I would have preferred - but as the Stones said: you cant always get what you want. I definitely liked him as a player/person - but had read one too many posts by Danno to conclude anything other than he was held together by spit, glue and baling wire. Bringing him back would have crossed this "need" off my list somewhat - but not entirely as I'm unsure if he could have stayed the distance.

Best we get a fresh / healthy guy in there to carry the load with #88.

Perhaps we can use this cash to land another *dynamic* / make a difference player??

Offline Big Lou

• Starter
« Reply #156 on: March 14, 2017, 09:55:49 AM »
I have a very sad 5 year old boy at home (Lacy was his favorite player).  I'm holding out hope that they will sign Latavius Murray (another big back but with some wheels).  He just turned 27, and would be a good complement to Montgomery.  I really don't like going into the draft with our RB depth chart looking like we HAVE to draft 2 RB's.

Offline wonderfulwilly

• Second String
« Reply #157 on: March 14, 2017, 10:02:23 AM »
I have a very sad 5 year old boy at home (Lacy was his favorite player).  I'm holding out hope that they will sign Latavius Murray (another big back but with some wheels).  He just turned 27, and would be a good complement to Montgomery.  I really don't like going into the draft with our RB depth chart looking like we HAVE to draft 2 RB's.

I would be shocked if TT doesn't bring in someone veteran at RB. Veteran RBs can be had so cheaply, and there is definitely money to spend. You can't go in to the draft forced to take a RB early. I think TT learned his lesson with Brandon Jackson. At least I hope he learned his lesson.

We can all now officially start talking about AP and Jamal Charles. Any reason to think these guys can hold up and provide at least a glimmer of their prime years?

Offline WTX_Cheese

• All Pro
« Reply #158 on: March 14, 2017, 10:06:44 AM »
I'd be surprised if TT brought in a FA RB. Most of the guys left are worn out (AP, Charles) or ineffective like Murray. (He had a lot of short TD's, but only had 2 100 yard games)

Offline Striker

• HOF Member
« Reply #159 on: March 14, 2017, 10:09:22 AM »
Packers News‏Verified account @PGPackersNews  9m9 minutes ago More
 Eddie Lacy weighed in at 267 for one team this week, according to @BobMcGinn. That's just above Nick Perry's listed weight.

Welp.

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
« Reply #160 on: March 14, 2017, 10:09:55 AM »
I'd stay away from AP. Too much serious downtime IMO and I've lost touch with Charles since the knee injury. Dont have any kinda feel what he brought last year - even why he went out. He was a special player though...at one time.

maxman44

« Reply #161 on: March 14, 2017, 10:15:15 AM »

Offline SSG

• HOF Member
« Reply #162 on: March 14, 2017, 10:16:11 AM »
He'll fit in great in Seattle.  He's a lot like Lynch in the sense that he's a tackle breaking machine that is among the very best in the NFL in getting yards after contact. 

Yet another blow to our team in what has been an absolutely disastrous off season. 
Act your age, not your shoe size.

Offline Gregg

• HOF Member
« Reply #163 on: March 14, 2017, 10:18:07 AM »
So we now have only Michel and Montgomery I think as potential starters.

I would seriously think of drafting two RB's on the theory we would hit one for sure

Offline craig

• HOF Member
« Reply #164 on: March 14, 2017, 10:18:19 AM »
1.  Disappointed, sad to see him go.  As a fan, I invest a lot of time and interest and affection for a nice, fun, guy.  Sad to say goodbye. 

2.  Seems like a pretty strong offer from seattle.  I didn't expect he'd get $3 gauranteed or $5.5.  Can't blame Packers for thinking they could get him for less. 

3.  Between improved health, free agency, draft, and development, not sure how much Seattle will improve their line.  But if their line stays anywhere close to as poor as it was last year, Eddie might end up with no more or no bigger holes than he had to work with in Green Bay. 

4.  Pete Carrol is a smart and creative coach.  Will be interesting to see whether Lacy gets used very differently there than he did for us.  Will he receive as few passing targets for them as for us? 

5.  I'd assume the Packers will sign some other FA back to help fill the roster.  Hopefully the guy will work, and perhaps will add some new opportunities that Lacy didn't.  (Better outside speed would be nice; better pass-catching aptitude would be nice.) 

6.  I'd like to sign some stop-gap roster-fill guy rather than depend on the draft.  Maybe a 5th-round back will be immediately starter-ready, but I don't think you should assume/depend on that.  And I certainly don't want to be "need-driven" so that they have to burn an early pick on a back.  If a superb back whom they love is sitting there as great value in an early round, I've got no problem with doing a great-value pick.  But I sure don't want to force it, and make a need-based RB pick, when perhaps there's a good CB or OLB or ILB or OG that you'd have to pass up in order to take the need-pick RB. 

7.  I'm really pretty optimistic about Montgomery, myself.