July 15, 2019, 05:40:03 PM

Author Topic: Lacy  (Read 32236 times)

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
Re: Lacy
« Reply #195 on: March 14, 2017, 04:45:30 PM »
Maybe one draft can fill all those holes AND fix the MAJOR issues we had on defense.

There ya go SSG! Ya finally said something with a positive spin to it!  :)

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #196 on: March 14, 2017, 04:45:41 PM »
  Bennett isn't anymore athletic and IMO isn't going to provide much more as a receiver.
Bennett was a key cog with he Patriots after Gronk went down and was a top 3 TE. He is a lot better than you are giving him credit for.
"Aaron Rodgers is a baaaaaaad man" - Stephen A. Smith

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
« Reply #197 on: March 14, 2017, 04:47:24 PM »
I'm actually glad he's gone. Montgomery, Jackson and I believe Crocket is the only RB's we have left on the team. Christine Michael is not on the team. So I believe we will be draft heavy for RB in the draft unless we bring in a premier back in from FA and no not Peterson or Charles.
Montgomery and Jackson re the only 2 on the roster right now. RB is a giant hole right now.
"Aaron Rodgers is a baaaaaaad man" - Stephen A. Smith

Offline SSG

• HOF Member
« Reply #198 on: March 14, 2017, 07:53:02 PM »
Its crazy that so many Packers fans trash Lacy for being "fat" and then read Carroll's comments saying the bigger the better.  They want the violent runner who breaks tackles and gets yards after contact.  There aren't many RBs in the NFL better at that than Lacy.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 07:57:52 PM by SSG »
Act your age, not your shoe size.

Offline walker16

• All Pro
« Reply #199 on: March 14, 2017, 08:08:04 PM »
Wish him the best. I sure TT had a price/price range... and it was exceeded.
Lacy, if he can stay healthy, will be a bruiser for them.

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #200 on: March 14, 2017, 08:14:05 PM »
Its crazy that so many Packers fans trash Lacy for being "fat" and then read Carroll's comments saying the bigger the better.  They want the violent runner who breaks tackles and gets yards after contact.  There aren't many RBs in the NFL better at that than Lacy.

No matter how I try and explain my position you'll dismiss it. We are a passing team first and foremost. We do our best running when it is somewhat by surprise. We do not possess the kind of offensive line to line up and pound the football. Should we try and become that it will fail. Just as it did in Eddy Lacy's 4 years here.

We have the most talented QB in the league, maybe EVER! We win games throwing the football. Seattle wins games running the football, read option and playing defense. Eddy Lacy fits them a lot better than us.

"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline Gregg

• HOF Member
« Reply #201 on: March 14, 2017, 08:22:54 PM »
I thought we still had Christine Michael?

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #202 on: March 14, 2017, 08:49:36 PM »
I thought we still had Christine Michael?

Unrestricted free agent.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline MTPackerFan

• Second String
« Reply #203 on: March 14, 2017, 10:29:56 PM »
Lets see...we signed the best TE on the market. That's pretty good. Calling Bennett a slight upgrade over Cook is ludicrous btw. Cook has been a journeyman TE his entire career, except for a several game stretch with GB. Bennett has been a very good TE for years. Has better hands, is a better blocker, is a better route runner, and is better after the catch.

We also signed a top notch backup TE. We haven't had one of those in a while. Huge for the offense.

We signed the top edge rusher on the market. We also got a pretty good deal for him. Was it as good as what we could have gotten had we extended him earlier? No, it is not. But still, this is a win.

We signed a CB who will be our #1, who has played here before and is familiar with our system, and a guy who only two years ago had an excellent year. While he is not as good as Hyde, he is more valuable due to the position he plays. If we can start House and Gunter, and move Randall to NB, we'll be better off than we were last year. That's called improvement, and that's a good thing.

We lost an overweight RB who can't stay healthy, although he is talented. I'm not too broke up over it.

We lost the top G on the market. I like Lang. I wish we could have kept Lang. Have to realize that G is one of the easier positions to replace, and it's simply not worth paying big money there unless a guy is young, healthy and elite. Lang is only one of those, and it's not sure how much longer he will be that.

We lost our 6th OL. Again, wish we could have kept Tretter, but we can't pay that much for a backup OL.

We lost a good DB. Wish we could have kept Hyde, but the Bills are paying him starting S money. Is he going to start at S for us? Certainly not. Can he play outside CB? Certainly not. So while good, you don't pay a NB as much as what the Bills are paying him to start. Hyde is good, but I would bet his value over replacement isn't going to be that high.

Disastrous off-season? Only if you're biased and don't want to admit that TT has done a pretty solid job so far.

We'll have to agree to disagree if you really think House is a #1 CB, that Nick Perry is an elite edge rusher and Cook is just a run of the mill journeyman TE.  Nick Perry had 12 career sacks before this last year and has never played a full year in the NFL.  Can Erik Walden now be considered an Elite player because he had 11 sacks in a contract year? Cook played as well as any TE down the stretch.  Him coming back healthy was the biggest reason our offense turned around the season.  Bennett isn't anymore athletic and IMO isn't going to provide much more as a receiver.

If you want to believe the offseason has been great, more power to you. 

With the loss of Peppers, Shields, Lacy, Jones, Hyde, Tretter and Lang we've got some substantial holes without players on our roster to fill them. Maybe one draft can fill all those holes AND fix the MAJOR issues we had on defense.

Can you read? Did I call Perry elite? Did I say House was a #1 CB or did I say he would be OUR #1 CB? There is a difference.

If you can't see how Bennett is >> Cook, then there's nothin I can do for you hoss.

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #204 on: March 15, 2017, 06:30:49 AM »

Lacy was listed at 234 pounds last year.  Yeah right???  Carroll wants him at 240 and claimed he wants  him bigger than last year based on the 234 weight claim.   IMO Eddie Lacy never weighed  234 at any time during the NFL season last year.

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #205 on: March 15, 2017, 08:32:40 AM »

I think he will be a better fit in Seattle than he was in GB.  His asthma won't be an issue because of the cold and their line is better at run blocking than ours is.  It is a good thing RB is one position where you can find one in the draft that can contribute immediately.

maxman44

« Reply #206 on: March 15, 2017, 10:29:52 AM »
Another day, another deal that was inaccurately pumped up and fed to a willing citizen soldier of #scooptown. Reported by ESPN as a one-year, $5.5 million deal with $3 million fully guaranteed, the contract signed by running back Eddie Lacy in Seattle is actually worth $4.25 million, with $2.865 million guaranteed

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/15/eddie-lacys-deal-4-25-million-with-incentives/

Offline MTPackerFan

• Second String
« Reply #207 on: March 15, 2017, 11:14:47 AM »

I think he will be a better fit in Seattle than he was in GB.  His asthma won't be an issue because of the cold and their line is better at run blocking than ours is.  It is a good thing RB is one position where you can find one in the draft that can contribute immediately.

If their line is better, it's not by much. We just have different philosophies when it comes to running the ball.

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
« Reply #208 on: March 15, 2017, 11:16:32 AM »
Another day, another deal that was inaccurately pumped up and fed to a willing citizen soldier of #scooptown. Reported by ESPN as a one-year, $5.5 million deal with $3 million fully guaranteed, the contract signed by running back Eddie Lacy in Seattle is actually worth $4.25 million, with $2.865 million guaranteed

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/15/eddie-lacys-deal-4-25-million-with-incentives/

Lacy's like....

"No, no.....when we talked I said I'd trim down. I didnt mean the deal should be trimmed down!"  :)

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
« Reply #209 on: March 16, 2017, 07:10:32 AM »

If their line is better, it's not by much. We just have different philosophies when it comes to running the ball.

Perhaps "better" wasn't the right adjective.  Their line was pretty poor last year but their offensive philosophy is more run orientated than ours is so he might be happier up there.