March 20, 2019, 01:56:14 AM

Author Topic: Saturday - Day 3 Discussion  (Read 27462 times)

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
Re: Saturday - Day 3 Discussion
« Reply #240 on: April 29, 2017, 03:36:35 PM »
If nothing else, we could wind up with a Davante and a Devante. How many teams you say that about?  :)

Offline craig

• HOF Member
« Reply #241 on: April 29, 2017, 03:36:41 PM »
Mr. Devante Mays

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJR1ZGSapcI

Looks like he's used to running from the shotgun.  That's nice not to have to readjust to that.

Offline Donzo

• HOF Member
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #242 on: April 29, 2017, 03:37:17 PM »
YES!!!  I mocked him as a second day pick in one of my drafts...

Malachi Dupre -- great pick!

Give us the 411...

I'm an SEC guy and don't know him.

Update: OK, I just watched ESPNs breakdown on him, I remember him now... Might have been a 1st round pick two years ago... #1 WR prospect in2013... Damn good pick for late in the 7th round. 
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 03:41:38 PM by Donzo »

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
« Reply #243 on: April 29, 2017, 03:38:01 PM »
Mr. Devante Mays

Looks like he's used to running from the shotgun.  That's nice not to have to readjust to that.

You noticed that too :) I agree. No I formations or two back sets necessary for this guy. Just some blocking up front!

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
« Reply #244 on: April 29, 2017, 03:39:33 PM »
Mr. Malachi Dupre

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzcfmEvKizs

Looks okay to me. GOOD. Nice to have a handful of OFFENSIVE players to figure in.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 03:43:22 PM by Leader »

Offline scoremore

• HOF Member
« Reply #245 on: April 29, 2017, 03:44:26 PM »
Mr. Devante Mays

he has some shiftiness but what I don't like is the kid goes down to easily on contact.  want a guy who can break tackles.  that tape didn't do anything for me.  looked to me they were just taking pot shots at the end of the draft.  3 rb's and 2 wr's.  don't get that strategy.  think we wasted some picks who will either be outright cut or end up on the ps.  Only room for 2 more RB's.  Not sure who's the odd man out at WR either. 

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • Where are we?
« Reply #246 on: April 29, 2017, 03:45:37 PM »
All picks with info are loaded for rehash here.

Fun 3 days of Draft Talk.

clap) hatsoff)
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
« Reply #247 on: April 29, 2017, 03:50:46 PM »
Mr. Devante Mays

he has some shiftiness but what I don't like is the kid goes down to easily on contact.  want a guy who can break tackles.  that tape didn't do anything for me.  looked to me they were just taking pot shots at the end of the draft.  3 rb's and 2 wr's.  don't get that strategy.  think we wasted some picks who will either be outright cut or end up on the ps.  Only room for 2 more RB's.  Not sure who's the odd man out at WR either. 

He's not All World. Dont find that here. But he sure seemed to be to be high pointing the ball and scoring alot of touchdowns. Speed's probably gonna be his first "NFL issue" - followed up with a need to add another 10 pounds or two - but he's young and coachable. I like the pick - even if he winds up on the PS this year.   

Offline robertgoulet

• Starter
« Reply #248 on: April 29, 2017, 03:56:06 PM »
Dupree was a five star recruit out of high school. While he hasn't lived up to the billing, much of that can be contributed to absolutely terrible qb play, something he won't have to deal with as a packer

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #249 on: April 29, 2017, 04:27:43 PM »
Dupree was a five star recruit out of high school. While he hasn't lived up to the billing, much of that can be contributed to absolutely terrible qb play, something he won't have to deal with as a packer

I knew who Dupre was, and thought he's still at LSU?  He was hyped early in his college career.  Anyway, I watch some video of him and saw some Jeff Janis in his running.  Then found out hes a track guy.  AHHHH!!!!   He might have some of those route running issues Janis has.  Hope Im wrong, but he does look smoother than Janis and perhaps that will help.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 04:31:28 PM by The GM »

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
« Reply #250 on: April 29, 2017, 04:43:32 PM »

I knew who Dupre was, and thought he's still at LSU?  He was hyped early in his college career.  Anyway, I watch some video of him and saw some Jeff Janis in his running.  Then found out hes a track guy.  AHHHH!!!!   He might have some of those route running issues Janis has.  Hope Im wrong, but he does look smoother than Janis and perhaps that will help.

This is neither here nor there....and has nothing to do with his route running....but the one video I saw of him included a number of receptions where we was tracking the ball and pulling it in over the shoulder with relative ease. Something I may have seen Janis do. Maybe.

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #251 on: April 29, 2017, 04:49:36 PM »

This is neither here nor there....and has nothing to do with his route running....but the one video I saw of him included a number of receptions where we was tracking the ball and pulling it in over the shoulder with relative ease. Something I may have seen Janis do. Maybe.

Agree. I bet he has better ball skills and hands than Janis.  He'll get  a chance to prove it shortly. We'll see.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 04:55:40 PM by The GM »

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #252 on: April 29, 2017, 04:58:02 PM »

Agree. I bet he has better ball skills and hands than Janis.  He'll get  a chance to prove it shortly. We'll see.

He's got something else in common with Janis, extremely small hands. Most guys like that have trouble catching the ball with their hands and tend to use their body a lot more than what would be ideal.

His 4.52 - 40 time does not scream track guy to me either.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 04:58:42 PM by golfman »
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
« Reply #253 on: April 29, 2017, 05:08:26 PM »
He's got something else in common with Janis, extremely small hands. Most guys like that have trouble catching the ball with their hands and tend to use their body a lot more than what would be ideal.

Thats a good get. He was using his body to make some catches.
Two things: Coaching and gloves (for whatever reason, he wasnt wearing them). They make football magnets now.

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #254 on: April 29, 2017, 05:19:23 PM »

Thats a good get. He was using his body to make some catches.
Two things: Coaching and gloves (for whatever reason, he wasnt wearing them). They make football magnets now.

Agree, hes also competing against a loaded WR corps.  Nelson, Adams,Cobb, Allison, Allen, Janis, Yancey. He'll have his work cut out for him