November 20, 2018, 07:28:11 PM

Author Topic: Chargers Hire McCoy  (Read 1493 times)

68MD

Chargers Hire McCoy
« on: January 15, 2013, 07:46:18 AM »
Interesting Hire ~ http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/15/mike-mccoy-tells-broncos-hes-leaving-to-coach-the-chargers/

He knows Denver well, if he hires a decent DC they should improve quickly.

Offline Toddfather

• HOF Member
Re: Chargers Hire McCoy
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 06:04:30 PM »
There was a lot of talk of people interested in him, and while I wasn't sure he would get his shot this year it does seem like a good fit. That is if you consider the biggest thing going for SD is an aging Rivers and Gates. Rivers desperately needs a revival, and a chance to prove he is one of the best(better) Qbs in the league.

In fact I'm surprised more dont talk about that draft when Eli got his wish and went to New York. Seems like just as interesting of a story as Rodgers/Smith.

Offline Terranimal

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 07:06:03 PM »
There was a lot of talk of people interested in him, and while I wasn't sure he would get his shot this year it does seem like a good fit. That is if you consider the biggest thing going for SD is an aging Rivers and Gates. Rivers desperately needs a revival, and a chance to prove he is one of the best(better) Qbs in the league.

In fact I'm surprised more dont talk about that draft when Eli got his wish and went to New York. Seems like just as interesting of a story as Rodgers/Smith.

Turner wasted a lot of Rivers' years and the GM didn't help much either...

Offline Toddfather

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 07:40:18 PM »
Agreed, but it feels like the NFL has ignored both Rivers and the Chargers. Just interesting to me.

Offline Cheesedog

• Second String
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2013, 02:05:55 PM »
Chargers and RIvers should do well under him.

The biggest problem in SD was the GM. Norv really got hamstrung by some of the decisions made above him. McCoy has a fresh start and a decent roster at this point.

Offline mitch connor

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2013, 02:53:50 PM »
I agree that Rivers has not been in the best situation. But he has regressed, as well. The last couple of years, he's been a downright bad qb, IMO. It will be interesting to see if he can turn his play around. Ditto for Ryan Mathews, who can't have another bad year.