August 18, 2019, 04:15:17 PM

Author Topic: "I might not have it anymore..."  (Read 759 times)

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
"I might not have it anymore..."
« on: October 09, 2017, 08:38:26 AM »
When a player says this...is it a true confession? Are they done? Is the edge lost?

Offline Kepler

• HOF Member
Re: "I might not have it anymore..."
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 09:05:18 AM »
I think everyone in packerland knows it doesn't matter what a player says when it comes to retirement. They aren't retired until they're sitting at home for two consecutive seasons.

Offline The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 11:01:48 AM »
Im not sure if Big Ben is done, but he's close, and if there is a QB who can rally the troops in midseason, its him.  He was hinting at not coming back this past offseason.  I'm sure Antonio Brown's antics arent helping. 

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 01:01:08 PM »
I think that draft class is near the end. Eli, Ben and Phillip Rivers are not what they used to be.

"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2017, 01:24:20 PM »
If Roethlisberger retires, the Steelers could demand he return a pro-rated amount of his signing bonus from the contract he signed in 2015. The amount he'd have to give back goes down as he nears the end of his contract. But it is still substantial. IF he had retired this year, the amount would have been $18.6 million. If he retires after this season, its $12.4 million. After next season, it goes down to "only" $6.2 million. Why wouldn't the Steelers take back the money they prepaid him for playing for him? Because that is the definition of bonus money. So, why is he playing? Because he doesn't want to have to come up with millions of dollars to do so. Here are the numbers from "Over the Cap". Look at the "dead money"- that is the bonus he has already received, and which the Steelers could ask him to return. Too big and important a player? The Lions did it to Calvin Johnson.

https://overthecap.com/player/ben-roethlisberger/1580
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2017, 02:45:05 PM »
Not sure how many watched his post game interview, but the media was trying to get him to say something about his teammates and he wasn't giving them anything. He just took the stance that it was all him and that maybe he doesn't have it anymore. He took all the heat for the loss, just trying to kill the drama from last week.

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2017, 06:58:12 PM »
Not sure how many watched his post game interview, but the media was trying to get him to say something about his teammates and he wasn't giving them anything. He just took the stance that it was all him and that maybe he doesn't have it anymore. He took all the heat for the loss, just trying to kill the drama from last week.

The guy is still an ass! I think it may be too early to start predicting his demise, but he has been terrible so far this year. I don't think that is debatable. It could be a guy who doesn't want to be there, but to Ricky's point, doesn't want to give that money back either.

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • Where are we?
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2017, 07:06:09 PM »
Lets not rush to conclusions....

Ben has had a great career but just maybe he doesn't have the supporting cast to make him comfortable.
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2017, 07:08:40 PM »
Lets not rush to conclusions....

Ben has had a great career but just maybe he doesn't have the supporting cast to make him comfortable.

I agree with the jumping to conclusions, but the second sentence.......

He's got the best WR in the business, the best running back, a very good offensive line and a very good defense. His #2 and #3 receiver are as good as you get for those spots.

I'm not sure what he doesn't have but the team is loaded.  twocents)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 07:09:26 PM by golfman »

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2017, 07:17:48 PM »
The guy is still an ass! I think it may be too early to start predicting his demise, but he has been terrible so far this year. I don't think that is debatable. It could be a guy who doesn't want to be there, but to Ricky's point, doesn't want to give that money back either.

To be totally honest, that idea originate on PFT. I looked for the article but couldn't find it. I didn't give proper attribution when I should have.  :-[
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid