July 15, 2018, 09:51:27 PM

Author Topic: Doom and Gloom - not on my watch!  (Read 612 times)

Offline Tony

• HOF Member
Doom and Gloom - not on my watch!
« on: October 16, 2017, 07:37:19 PM »
It’s been interesting watching clips from so-called expert pundits today.  Seems most folks are writing the Packers off this season.  I disagree, and I’m not sure Cowherd’s the best example to share, but his comments seem to summarize several others.  So, for discussion purposes (because that’s what we do here), is there any truth to what he’s saying, or, will his opinion come back to bite him in the backside come January?

https://www.facebook.com/foxsports/videos/2096058873948634/
“There’s a man going round, taking names, and he decides who to free and who to blame!”  LMG ala Johnny Cash

Offline Pugger

• HOF Member
Re: Doom and Gloom - not on my watch!
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 11:49:39 PM »
If our OL was still intact we might have a chance at a WC spot.  But with that mess poor Hundley will be running for his life.  Opponents will now load the box to stop the run and terrorize our young QB every week.   :-\

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 07:57:02 AM »
Cowherd is spot on.  Rodgers isnt here to cover for Capers defense. Lots of 3 and outs for the Packers, and Brees wears a path out up and down the Lambeau turf. Hundley should get better as the season goes but our scarecrow defense wont stop anyone.   
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 08:00:03 AM by The GM »

Offline Tony

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 09:18:06 AM »
Cowherd is spot on.  Rodgers isnt here to cover for Capers defense. Lots of 3 and outs for the Packers, and Brees wears a path out up and down the Lambeau turf. Hundley should get better as the season goes but our scarecrow defense wont stop anyone.

So it's interesting that a very familiar AND similar theme is being played in the media this week - that GB doesn't have enough talent on this roster to go anywhere without Aaron Rodgers.  That GB's front office has basically failed to take advantage of one of the greatest QB's in history and surround him with enough weapons to be successful (with regard to championships), even comparing the Miami and Dan Marino situation with ours.  In some ways, the pundits are correct - I just don't like hearing it or admitting to it.  I honestly think we have enough weapons on offense - with Rodgers healthy.  It's the defense that has more or less stood in our way for many years, and has kept this team from adding more championships.

We may all look back in just a few years and say, wow, it's an absolute travesty that GB's front office couldn't get it done during the Rodgers years.  Or, maybe - hopefully - there's still time left in Rodgers career to make a few more championship runs.  One thing's for sure, changes are required - starting with getting and staying healthy for longer than just a game or two. 
“There’s a man going round, taking names, and he decides who to free and who to blame!”  LMG ala Johnny Cash