September 23, 2018, 07:41:36 PM

Author Topic: Josh Rosen  (Read 1845 times)

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
Josh Rosen
« on: December 25, 2017, 03:41:31 PM »
Assuming he comes out would you take a chance on this kid? Apparently, he is still not going to be cleared for his bowl game due to a concussion that occurred the last game of the year against USC. That game was almost a month ago already. That has to send a red flag in the air for the kid who is widely considered the best QB.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Online The GM

• HOF Member
Re: Josh Rosen
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2017, 09:10:56 PM »
Assuming he comes out would you take a chance on this kid? Apparently, he is still not going to be cleared for his bowl game due to a concussion that occurred the last game of the year against USC. That game was almost a month ago already. That has to send a red flag in the air for the kid who is widely considered the best QB.

I like him, he had all the tools you look for.  2 flags for him though.  His durability, seems to get hurt a lot, lot of nagging minor stuff.  I heard he can be a diva.  Some of that can be expected, but I hear he carries it further than some may like.  Well see what the combine says, but if he comes out and tests well, the Browns should strongly consider him.

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2017, 04:45:24 AM »
I've read a good bit on him but only seen him play once - against USC - and both QBs had good games. Supposedly he can make all the throws but I will say he looks awfully slight.

The QB I'd LOVE to have (but know we will never) is the Wyoming kid. I think (eventually) he's gonna light things up in the NFL. I saw that Elway was scouting him from the sidelines last weekend. Makes all the sense in the world. The kids got an Elway-like arm and Denver's DIEING to have a competent QB. Geeeeeezzzzzzz have they screwed that position up. 

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2017, 10:41:34 AM »
Denver has drafted two highly touted college QBs. Apparently, neither one is any good. Plus they have Trevor Siemian, who made a tour of the league after hitting FA, and showed he is not a consistent starter. But, here is an intriguing thought. How about trading for Siemian as a backup? This is a serious thought. The guy has won games, and though obviously not a starter, how about as a clipboard holder?

And, he's not getting paid a lot: http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-broncos/trevor-siemian-16976/ Thoughts?
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Online Gregg

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2017, 04:41:28 PM »
I like that idea myself.

But I doubt it will happen because TT is so wedded to his draft picks that he would probably only sacrifice a 6 or 7 for him and he is worth more than that IMO.

I actually hope we would do that AND draft a QB.  This draft is rich in running backs, OL, and QBs.  And we have 12 picks.  We could redo the position behind AR and I would have no qualms about doing it if I was GM.

The way I look at it is that the Vikings did what they did this year with their third string QB.  Which means to me they probably would have been even better with Bradford or Bridgewater.  And I look at the Bears as being much better next year since Mitch T got some valuable experience.

Can we really gamble that AR is going to get through each year without injury?  its too high risk for me.

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2017, 05:44:38 PM »

Rosen is officially OUT for tonights Cactus Bowl.  Red Flag?  Could he slip like Rodgers?  Do you take him ?
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 05:48:16 PM by The GM »

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2017, 05:46:55 PM »
Gee, I'm liking how my "Lets consider a veteran for backup QB theory" is selling.
Now if you'll just send me a low introductory membership fee of $69.00 I'll send you weekly tips on which stocks are the up and comers - where you can secure financial rewards beyond your imagined dreams and get in on the High Rollers economy!  :)

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2017, 05:51:57 PM »
Gee, I'm liking how my "Lets consider a veteran for backup QB theory" is selling.
Now if you'll just send me a low introductory membership fee of $69.00 I'll send you weekly tips on which stocks are the up and comers - where you can secure financial rewards beyond your imagined dreams and get in on the High Rollers economy!  :)

Im not opposed to it, I just want somebody who can step in.  Vet, rookie, UDFA, walk-on, or pull someone out of the stands.  We need a decent backup.

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • Where are we?
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2017, 06:09:19 PM »

Rosen is officially OUT for tonights Cactus Bowl.  Red Flag?  Could he slip like Rodgers?  Do you take him ?

Rodgers didn't slide because of an injury.
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • Where are we?
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2017, 06:25:20 PM »
Rosen has not even declared for the NFL Draft yet....will make decision after tonights Cactus Bowl game.

With his concussion history he may be wise to sit out another year.

Article
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2017, 07:03:57 PM »
Rosen has not even declared for the NFL Draft yet....will make decision after tonights Cactus Bowl game.

Article

Hed be foolish to stay.  He's a top 10 pick.  He stays, gets banged up next year and drops.  He'll have a new offense next year with Chip Kelly.  Too risky.  I think he declares for the draft.  We'll see.

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2017, 07:36:57 AM »
If I'm Cleveland I'm taking taking QB with my two - first round picks. Whoever they deem to be the best two players at the position. No question about it. They have 3 second round picks as well but getting the QB position right is priority #1 for these guys.

Offline Leader

• HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2017, 08:21:18 AM »

Article

Hed be foolish to stay.  He's a top 10 pick.  He stays, gets banged up next year and drops.  He'll have a new offense next year with Chip Kelly.  Too risky.  I think he declares for the draft.  We'll see.
I think Rosen's playing the "anywhere but Cleveland strong arm". I dont think he'll stay in school for reasons stated - he's top of the list now. It's time to cash in on that rookie contract. I've no clue why he doesnt want to play there - could be any number of really valid reasons - but they've a good football guy at GM now - a BOATLOAD of draft selections and a PILE of cash. Might be a stock on the rise.

He might be trying to dissuade them from drafting him so he can go to New York - which is interesting cause theres an organization with a much better history - but in crumbles at the moment. 

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2017, 08:26:01 AM »
I cant say for sure, but I suspect some gamesmanship with Rosen being held out of the bowl game.  His draft status is pretty high, his concussion was nearly a month ago.  Its the frickin Cactus Bowl.  I cant say with certainty, but I suspect if Rosen was a 5th round prospect, he would have played. Rosen says he wanted to play but I think UCLA had a eye on Rosens draft status with this decision.  JMO.

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2017, 09:34:02 AM »
I cant say for sure, but I suspect some gamesmanship with Rosen being held out of the bowl game.  His draft status is pretty high, his concussion was nearly a month ago.  Its the frickin Cactus Bowl.  I cant say with certainty, but I suspect if Rosen was a 5th round prospect, he would have played. Rosen says he wanted to play but I think UCLA had a eye on Rosens draft status with this decision.  JMO.

Not playing is doing more harm to his draft status IMO. It has to put some doubt in the minds of NFL evaluators if the guy is still out a month later from a concussion. Not his first this year either if memory serves me correctly.