December 12, 2018, 07:58:53 PM

Author Topic: Noble Warrior's first 2018 Mock Draft  (Read 1334 times)

Offline Noble Warrior

• Second String
Noble Warrior's first 2018 Mock Draft
« on: January 02, 2018, 11:32:16 PM »
1   Clelin Ferrell**, 3-4OLB, Clemson
2   Dorance Armstrong Jr.*, 3-4OLB, Kansas
3a    Dalton Schultz*, TE, Stanford
3b   Andre Dillard*, OT, Washington State
4   Ross Pierschbacher*, G/C, Alabama
5   B.J. Hill, DT, N.C. State
6   Nic Shimonek, QB, Texas Tech
7   Quenton Meeks*, CB, Stanford

Not sure if we'll get any compensatory picks besides a 3rd, so that's the only one I included. Grabbed pass rushing OLBs in the 1st 2 rounds, gonna make sure we have a great pass rush!

Offline golfman

• HOF Member
Re: Noble Warrior's first 2018 Mock Draft
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 05:47:01 AM »
Just curious why you don't think were' getting the other comp picks? I see us getting 4 picks for sure, but I'm not convinced we get that third. I think the 3rd could be a 4th personnally.
"Make the Packers Great Again! "

Offline mancl

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 07:00:23 AM »
I like your first 3 picks- definetly could see them doubling down on pass rushers.   There is a need for a speedy WR but not much available.  Don't know anything about the rest of your picks so this gives me an opportunity to check them out.  Thanks

Offline packdaddy

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 05:11:47 PM »
I agree we need to bolster the pass rush above all.  I gather you feel we will retain the 3-4 system on defense.  But even if we don't, your first pick, Ferrell could be a DE in a 4-3.

Curious as to why you wait until the 7th round to address CB.

Offline OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 02:40:59 AM »
Packers have lots of needs (surprise surprise), so it's tough to address all the holes. Any draft that tries to 'do it all' will probably fail because too many starter level players are needed. Fans variously argue (in the first two rounds) for double pass rushers (like yourself), or an offensive tackle as one pick, or a TE, or an ILB, or a WR (like I advocate). Somewhere there needs to be a solid vet FA to help plug gaps, maybe even two.

I like the double dip pass rushers, the defense certainly needs help there, but I'd probably go with just one top guy and hope Beigel, Gilbert (and maybe a later pick) can make up the difference. That allows the second pick to be a receiver. Packers need a starter level outside WR to (hopefully) be a longtime partner to Adams.........as it stands, if Adams goes down the Packers are in trouble.

Because the packers are bare at TE, I quite like the idea of double dipping there. The sweet spot for TEs (at the moment) seems to be rounds 3/4. I like the Fumagalli/Gesicki combo, because they offer very different skills - the very polished versus the somewhat raw but super athletic.

I have been struggling to pick a specific pass rusher. Who to choose between Landry, Key, Ferrell, Davenport, Okoronkwo - they all have upper-tier rushing potential (though I have some questions over Key). Ferrell has as much potential as any of them - very easy mover for such a tall guy.
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"