December 13, 2018, 09:24:16 AM

Author Topic: What changes to the roster would you like too see  (Read 2889 times)

Offline ndpack

• Rookie
Re: What changes to the roster would you like too see
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2018, 09:30:34 PM »
I personally am looking forward to free agency this year more than years past.  I think a few quality pickups could turn the D around very quick.  I come from the land of Viking and eagles fans so lets hope the pack makes a splash and has a good draft.  I think impact wise its easier for a rookie to rush the passer.  I'd like to see a rusher from the draft and a corner and possibly te in free agency!!!   New to the site. Cheers friends!

Offline OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
Re: What changes to the roster would you like too see
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2018, 01:07:18 AM »
I'm looking for one or two holes to be filled in veteran FA, higher calibre players at CB, TE. Some other cheaper deals, too, depending on where the value is.

I'm looking for a balanced draft overall, not one that is too defense-heavy again.
I'm looking to get a future starting-level flanker type WR early in the draft
I'm looking for a top pass rusher in the first round of this draft
I'm looking for a solid TE prospect in round 3/4
I'm looking to fill in depth at CB, OT/OG, QB and anywhere else that looks like value, rounds 5-7

I'm looking at Clay Matthews being released, Jordy Nelson re-structured for a final year, Morgan Burnett retained. Cobb is kept, and his fate can be decided next year (his contract runs out at the end of 2018). Aaron Rodgers gets new contract sometime after June 2018, $30m pa average.
I'm looking for a re-invogorated defense under Pettine and the new position coaches, with Biegel, Gilbert and the top draft pick, filling in for the loss of Matthews. I'm looking especially for players being put in positions to emphasise what they do well.
I'm looking for a defense that mostly seems to know what it is meant to be doing, and when.

I'm looking for sharper gameplanning on offense with Philbin back, and a playbook with a slightly different look (eg more slants, bunch receiver formations that can simulate rub routes, more commitment to the run game if it is working, and at least some commitment to it if it is spotty).

In short, I'm pretty demanding. The more things in the above list I can tick off, the better the Packers will be.
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"