September 21, 2018, 07:36:29 AM

Author Topic: Take your pick of any current NFL player for the Packers  (Read 1594 times)

Offline BIG LEGEND

• Starter
Take your pick of any current NFL player for the Packers
« on: January 20, 2018, 06:07:57 PM »
 if you had your pick of any NFL player to add to this Packer team, who would it be? The only criteria is it has to be a current player at the current state of their career.

As much as I would be tempted to add to the defense, for me it would have to be Antonio Brown. I know he has been dinged up throughout his career, but he is virtually unstoppable, and it wou!d give AR one of the most explosive game breaking wideouts in NFL history.

if JJ Watt would not have had some serious injury concerns the last few seasons, it wou!d have made the decision much tougher for me

I just don't believe any other defender would make as much of an impact for the team as adding Brown to the AR lead offense would.

Offline The GM

• HOF Member
Re: Take your pick of any current NFL player for the Packers
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2018, 06:40:17 PM »
Mine might be Jalen Ramsey, 23 year old shut down corner.  I'm not a fan of his mouth, but he comes to play ball.   

Offline MO.Pack

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2018, 07:39:25 PM »
This is a tough won...but I would pick  Rob Gronkowski.  Even though he is injury prone having him team up with Rodgers and our past wide receivers I think the Lombardi trophy would have been more then just one during the AR era.

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2018, 07:43:49 PM »
Aaron Donald. Give Rodgers his Reggie White to help him get to a few more SB's.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Online OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2018, 05:17:00 AM »
Mack.....or maybe Clowney. They would make a difference.
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Offline mtsportsfan

• All Pro
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2018, 07:04:38 AM »
For me I would like Ramsey or Lattimore from New Orleans, young  shut down corners that also tackle! Brown from the Steelers would be very tempting.  The defence just needs too much help, so give me a shout down corner!

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2018, 10:18:03 AM »
Leveon Bell. Multi-purpose weapon

Offline Hands

• HOF Member
    • Uncover
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2018, 07:45:00 PM »
Mack from the Raiders...
In the land of the blind.....the one eye man is king!

Offline scoremore

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2018, 08:14:35 PM »
I'd go Julio Jones.  Best receiver in the NFL.

Offline SSG

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2018, 08:34:04 AM »

Could go a couple different directions with this.  IMO, the single most valuable player in the NFL right now is Carson Wentz.  A MVP caliber QB in just his second year in the NFL.  Him being on his rookie deal affords some significant upgrades in other positions.

Seeing that we've got AR12 and I've got no interest in giving him up.... I'd go defense.  I'd pick Joey Bosa.  Would have been a hard choice between him, Myles Garrett and Ramsey.  IMO, you can get away with less talent at CB if you've got a good pass rush. 
Act your age, not your shoe size.

Offline WTX_Cheese

• All Pro
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2018, 08:45:35 AM »
Give me a young sack artist: Bosa

Offline JQ

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2018, 05:54:35 PM »
Mack from the Raiders...

I also vote for Khalil Mack. Game changing player who will only be 27 next month. Possibly Von Miller, but he’s a couple years older than Mack.

Here’s a website of the “Top 100 of 2017” as voted on by NFL players. You can see where your picks fall as voted on by the guys who play against them:

http://www.nfl.com/network/top100

For the record, I voted for my choices before I looked at the List.  ( - : #

Offline BIG LEGEND

• Starter
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2018, 06:08:27 PM »
I agree defense is the number one area of the team that needs an upgrade, but I selected Brown because I believe he is one of the best and most dynamic receivers in NFL history and pairing him with AR for 4 or 5 years would give the Packers the best opportunity to reach multiple Super Bowls. You could improve your defense in other ways, and many fine defensive players have been listed. Landing a talent like Brown would take the same type of luck as it was with getting AR in the draft. Just can't get away from pairing a first ballot hall of fame QB with a first ballot hall of fame WR. Browns numbers are staggering and he is a consistently dominant player

Offline claymaker

• HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2018, 06:11:28 PM »
Tough call between Julio Jones, Antonio Brown, and Deandre Hopkins. Hopkins has done close to the same with much less, so I'll go with him.

Offline SB XLIX

• Starter
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2018, 12:50:09 PM »
As long as we are in fantasy land it is a tie between Sterling Sharpe and Nick Collins.