December 16, 2018, 09:01:01 AM

Author Topic: Round two targets  (Read 2209 times)

Offline gr8gonzo

• Rookie
Round two targets
« on: February 15, 2018, 07:56:46 PM »
Assuming GB retains the 75th pick 2 players I would target are OT Tyrell Crosby of Oregon or Jaire Alexander CB from Louisville.
With the uncertainty surrounding Buluga being available at the start of the season Crosby could be plugged in and start the next 10 years. A LT in College he is projected to move to the right side in the pros.
Alexander an underclassman has been steadily moving up in the eyes of many scouts.

Offline OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
Re: Round two targets
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 04:56:12 AM »
I want to see Spriggs in year three and how Bulaga comes back before i spend a second rounder on a tackle. I do understand if you want a decent OT, he should come in the first two rounds, but I just don't think this is the year for that (though next year a first or second round OT might be the right pick). I'm in on WR for the second pick (after pass rusher in the first).

Guys like Oklahoma State's James Washington (who has fallen some on draft sites, down from a mid-first round spot), or Colorado state's Michael Gallup, would do very nicely as a flanker opposite Adams.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 04:59:47 AM by OneTwoSixFive »
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 04:14:14 PM »
45th pick?

Lorenzo Carter/OLB/Georgia

Darius Leonard/ILB/South Carolina St

Carlton Davis/ CB/ Auburn

Count me as a fan of Mike Gallup as well, but I've seen him ranked all over then place (2nd-3rd-4th). I don't know where to put him right now?

Also would take a swing at Christian Kirk if he's still there at #45 as well.

Offline claymaker

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2018, 04:18:00 PM »
I like Christian Kirk WR from Texas A+M and Hayden Hurst TE from South Carolina.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2018, 04:27:26 PM »
Their is a slew of quality WR's that should be sitting there when the Packers select in the 2nd round. I don't think we have enough info yet to know who fits in the Packers types from a size/speed/testing standpoint this early in the fans process. The combine should shed a little light on who fits.
Deon Cain, Clemson
Courtland Sutton, SMU
Michael Gallup, Colorado State
James Washington, Okla. State
They are just a few, along with others who unofficially sizewise fit. This waay to early look at the WR group appears that 8-10 could go in the first 2 rounds. Looks like a deep group. I expect them to tap into this group in the 2nd or 3rd round.   

Offline WTX_Cheese

• All Pro
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2018, 08:24:03 AM »
My gut says Defense in Round 1, but Round 2 may go to offense. It seems like a pretty good year for WR, TE and OL in that spot.

Offline Ptpaq

• Rookie
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2018, 06:25:09 AM »
45th pick?

Lorenzo Carter/OLB/Georgia

Darius Leonard/ILB/South Carolina St

Carlton Davis/ CB/ Auburn

Count me as a fan of Mike Gallup as well, but I've seen him ranked all over then place (2nd-3rd-4th). I don't know where to put him right now?

Also would take a swing at Christian Kirk if he's still there at #45 as well.

You just mentioned some great options, imo. I would also add CB Quenton Meeks from Stanford.

Offline OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2018, 08:20:12 AM »
Round 2. Isiah Oliver, Mike Hughes and Jaire Alexander are three more CBs who could be targets in round two. Not much to choose between those three. Given the loss of Randall, I think CB might leapfrog WR as the second pick (there still should be at least one decent WR left in round three). Alabama CB Averett is a step down from those three guys (in my eyes, NFL.com has them rated about equal), but he is 6'0" has loose hips, solid recognition skills and 4.36 speed.

Round 3. I'd look at the WR's RT mentioned, plus Chark (great measurables, 6'3" and 4.34 speed), Kirk, D.J.Moore (like him, very smooth), Miller, St.Brown, Burnett. Most of the receivers mentioned will be gone by round three, but someone will be still be there.

Round 4. The TE I like is Ian Thomas (the Indiana TE). He might well be there with the first pick in the 4th.
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2018, 09:06:09 AM »
Round 2. Isiah Oliver, Mike Hughes and Jaire Alexander are three more CBs who could be targets in round two. Not much to choose between those three. Given the loss of Randall, I think CB might leapfrog WR as the second pick (there still should be at least one decent WR left in round three). Alabama CB Averett is a step down from those three guys (in my eyes, NFL.com has them rated about equal), but he is 6'0" has loose hips, solid recognition skills and 4.36 speed.

Round 3. I'd look at the WR's RT mentioned, plus Chark (great measurables, 6'3" and 4.34 speed), Kirk, D.J.Moore (like him, very smooth), Miller, St.Brown, Burnett. Most of the receivers mentioned will be gone by round three, but someone will be still be there.

Round 4. The TE I like is Ian Thomas (the Indiana TE). He might well be there with the first pick in the 4th.

As usual you are right on it with the draft. In digging into the cornerback population last night and crossing the measurables with what the Packers historially look for (and draft), those were the 3 most likely targets for day 2 for the Packers. More may be added as pro day numbers come in, but as for now would be happy if the Packers add anyone of those 3 in the 2nd round. Good work.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2018, 10:51:33 AM »

I'll add MJ Stewart/CB/UNC

Offline Hands

• HOF Member
    • Uncover
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2018, 12:06:05 PM »
Assuming GB retains the 75th pick 2 players I would target are OT Tyrell Crosby of Oregon or Jaire Alexander CB from Louisville.
With the uncertainty surrounding Buluga being available at the start of the season Crosby could be plugged in and start the next 10 years. A LT in College he is projected to move to the right side in the pros.
Alexander an underclassman has been steadily moving up in the eyes of many scouts.
Many are moving Alexander to the later part of round 1...so he won't be there at 75 unless he goes and robs a store. Crosby may not be that highly touted. The OT from NC A&T, Brandon Parker who did great work at the Senior Bowl may be considered a better choice if the selection is OT.

I just suspect that TE and WR would be targeted in thie round. Either Smythe or Fumagalli if TE or Miller/Pettis if WR. 
In the land of the blind.....the one eye man is king!

Offline OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2018, 01:25:25 PM »
Tony Pauline says the Packers like the Auburn G/T Braden Smith (6'6, 303). NFL.com has him going in the 3rd/4th round.

Offline Fargofootball

• Starter
  • Please get familiar with our Forums Rules & Guidelines.
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2018, 09:49:51 PM »
Say we get Edmonds in round 1 and Vander Esch is there at 45. Who would need to be available to pass on him at 45?

To me only a top tier CB (Jackson, Ward, and Carlton) would tempt me. Mostly because of need at CB.

I actually had this choice in two of many post combine mocks on 1st pick and fanspeak.