June 25, 2018, 02:33:15 AM

Author Topic: Danno's Mock V-4.0  (Read 1256 times)

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
Danno's Mock V-4.0
« on: February 22, 2018, 12:49:13 PM »
Final Mock before the Combine.

2018 Packers Draft V 4.0

Lost/cut in FA: Morgan Burnett, Randall Cobb, Ahmad Brooks. Jahri Evans, Richard Rodgers, Ulrick John, Demetri Goodson, Jeff Janis.

Kept/signed in FA: Davon House, Quinton Dial, Brett Goode, Trey Burton, Trent Murphy.

Restructured: Jordy Nelson, Clay Matthews.

2018 Draft:

Round 1 -  Harold Landry/OLB/Boston College

Round 2 -  Marcell Ateman/ WR/Oklahoma St.

Round 3 - Quenton Meeks/CB/Stanford

Round 3a - Justin Lawler/ Edge-OLB/SMU

Round 4 - Tyrell Crosby/OT/Oregon

Round 5 - Rashaad Penny/RB/San Deigo St.

Round 5a - Godwin Igwebuike/S/Northwestern

Round 5b - Adam Breneman/TE/U-Mass

Round 5c - Chase Litton/QB/Marshall

Round 6 - Olive Sagapolu/DT-NT/WIS

Round 7 -  Jack Cichy/ILB/WIS

Round 7a - Jeff Badet/WR-KR/Oklahoma

Offline SET4YRS

• Starter
Re: Danno's Mock V-4.0
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2018, 09:12:04 PM »
 I like some of your later round picks in your mocks. Royce Freeman, Carlton Davis, Mike Love and Tyrell Crosby would be great additions.

Offline OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2018, 06:42:58 AM »
Some nice picks there and most key (not Arden) areas are addressed.

I'd go TE over a second edge guy with my 4th pick (round 4, no comp third now  :(  )

I'd pick a WR other than Ateman in the 2nd, going speed over height, Gallup or Chark maybe. I don't hate on Ateman, I just don't think he should go this high.

The positions you have picked (and where you picked them) are very good. assuming there is value, pass rusher, WR, CB, pass rusher, OT, RB, S, TE, developmental QB.............all very nice where you got them.
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2018, 09:14:05 AM »
Always great to read comments and other peoples thoughts.
Much appreciated.

As for Ateman (currently ranked at #28 overall by CBS Sports)...........I've seen his 40 times projected anywhere from 4.57 to 4.49.

At the Combine, if he can run in the high 4.4's to low 4.5's and puts up good times in the 3-cone and 20-shuttle he could be considered a value pick at #45.

I'm very interested to see how numerous players perform and what their real "measurables" (height/weight) are documented as at the Combine.

Offline SET4YRS

• Starter
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2018, 09:06:54 PM »
 Penny is another RB that would be a good addition.

Offline OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2018, 03:09:42 AM »

I'm guessing you watched Senior Bowl week. You would probably need to spend a 2nd rounder to be sure of getting Penny, which is too early for a RB, given their other needs (if you are lucky he might be there in round three). He can make nice moves for extra yardage and he runs hard. His speed will probably be high 4.5s or low 4.6s, which isn't great, and he isn't known for his blocking. I'd look at him if he is still there in round 4.
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

Offline SET4YRS

• Starter
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2018, 07:45:51 AM »

I'm guessing you watched Senior Bowl week. You would probably need to spend a 2nd rounder to be sure of getting Penny, which is too early for a RB, given their other needs (if you are lucky he might be there in round three). He can make nice moves for extra yardage and he runs hard. His speed will probably be high 4.5s or low 4.6s, which isn't great, and he isn't known for his blocking. I'd look at him if he is still there in round 4.

Yes, I did watch senior bowl week, but was doing some research on Penny before that. Looks like he may be this year's Kareem Hunt and Sony Michel the Alvin Kamara. I agree we have too many needs to make a luxury pick on RB early. Players like that would be a great addition, that's all I'm saying. Some of these players are all over the place on various sites, but I think you're right about these guys moving up. However, it wouldn't surprise me if another RB was added later.

Something else since we're talking about RB's, I wonder what the market is for Lacy. If anything, he would be a great #3 RB. He didn't fit Seattle's system, but was a beast in ours. With his weight problems, maybe he's not bell cow back material. Maybe he's a complimentary back type that needs to be constantly working out instead of resting from taking a beating. He was great in pass protection and would be a matchup nightmare for certain defenses if he can be close to what he used to be in this offense. Also, late in the season, no one would want to tackle him. I'm not sure if he burned a bridge or not when he left, just a thought.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2018, 04:17:11 PM »

Yes, I did watch senior bowl week, but was doing some research on Penny before that. Looks like he may be this year's Kareem Hunt and Sony Michel the Alvin Kamara. I agree we have too many needs to make a luxury pick on RB early. Players like that would be a great addition, that's all I'm saying. Some of these players are all over the place on various sites, but I think you're right about these guys moving up. However, it wouldn't surprise me if another RB was added later.

CBS Sports ranks Penny @ #139 (pre-Combine) so that's not far off my projection, and Walters projects his 40 time in the 4.6 range, so you guys are right about that.

One of the primary reasons I picked him was that he's a bigger back ~220/220+ and he can both catch and run (versatile). He's not a long distance home run threat, but he will beat you in multiple ways, and I like that.

Other RB's of that type in that early 5th round area could be Josh Adams (Notre Dame), John Kelly (TEN), or Bo Scarbrough (ALA). I also like Royce Freeman, but feel he will definitely go earlier.

I'd just, like to have a versatile (young, not old Eddie Lacy) bigger RB..............especialy since I read that Jamaal Williams might be shedding a few pound to (hopefully) get faster. Williams @ 213#'s isn't bad. But if he drops 5 pounds (for example), then he's the same size as Aaron Jones @ 208#'s.

They need a bigger guy to round out the group, and I don't have a lot of confidence in Mays.

My future mocks will now change due to how the comp picks fit in, so my thought process on who/when/why will no doubtedly change after the Combine.

Remember this name as well...........Ralph Webb (VANDY). He's not as big, but he's the total package.

hatsoff)

Offline OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2018, 02:26:53 PM »
On reflection I might be a little optimistic expecting Penny to go in round two or three at worst. I was a little too influenced by the NFL.com ranking that had him in at about #54th. Other sites, like Drafttek, or Great Blue North, have him lower. That means after you have got the crucial need picks out of the way, he might still be around.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2018, 12:20:40 PM »

Penny's 40-time at the Combine...................4.46

I just moved him up to early/mid-3rd round.

Offline OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2018, 02:47:59 PM »
Ateman ran a 4.63 and 4.65 40 in the combine. I think any hopes for him to be taken in round 2 just hit the floor.

Offline SET4YRS

• Starter
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2018, 03:13:52 PM »
 This has to be one of the most chaotic combines with players rising and falling. We really need the CB group to show up tomorrow.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2018, 02:11:48 PM »
Ateman ran a 4.63 and 4.65 40 in the combine. I think any hopes for him to be taken in round 2 just hit the floor.

Yep!

He ran worse than his projected time. I'm sure he will want another shot at it when OSU has their Pro-Day.

But as for now, #45 is too high for a skill player that runs that slow.