October 17, 2018, 03:26:14 AM

Author Topic: agents say texans won't talk to FAs who knelt.  (Read 611 times)

Offline marklawrence

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
agents say texans won't talk to FAs who knelt.
« on: March 05, 2018, 08:39:25 PM »
I'm good with this.
I'm a Deplorable Freeloader, clinging to my Guns and Bible! And Proud of it!

Offline RT

• HOF Member
Re: agents say texans won't talk to FAs who knelt.
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 07:44:39 AM »
A microcosm of life. Some sooner and some later, but everyone will eventually face the consequences of their actions.

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2018, 10:46:03 AM »
The Texans have said those reports are false, unfounded and totally untrue. Meanwhile, in Miami, the team owner says that every player will stand for the anthem. Cowboys are pretty much in line with this. Since the protesting players dwindled to less than a dozen by the end of last season, it seems this situation is sorting itself out. Though that doesn'tmean there will be those who will still try to gain politically from this kerfuffle.

Well, that didn't take long. The Texans said the reports were "fake news", and now the Miami owner has backtracked on his "demand".

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/06/stephen-ross-says-his-comments-were-misconstrued/

So, what does this mean? That, perhaps, a few players might not stand for the anthem next season. The answer? Keep them off the field until the anthem is played. But then, what about those people in the bathrooms while the anthem is played?  :o
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 10:56:35 AM by ricky »
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline marklawrence

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2018, 01:34:37 PM »
The Texans have said those reports are false, unfounded and totally untrue.

Of course he said that, or he would be sued. He lied. They're not taking in any kneeling FAs.
I'm a Deplorable Freeloader, clinging to my Guns and Bible! And Proud of it!

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2018, 01:43:23 PM »
Of course he said that, or he would be sued. He lied. They're not taking in any kneeling FAs.

So, which is the lie? The one you want to believe. So, are they going refrain from signing one of the (possibly) three FA's who knelt? The number of FA's who knelt I don't know. But since there were never more than a handful who did it for more than one or two games, that would mean the field of FA's who knelt would be very small. There was a mass demonstration by players and owners after Trump made his inflammatory remarks during a rally in (I believe) Alabama. Maybe the league should look into removing ownership from owners who knelt?
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid