December 18, 2018, 09:11:54 AM

Author Topic: Packers trade Damarious Randall to Cleveland  (Read 4509 times)

Online scoremore

• HOF Member
Packers trade Damarious Randall to Cleveland
« on: March 09, 2018, 03:39:34 PM »
A little shocked at this move.  Certainly didn't see that coming.  We are short at CB as it is and now we trade Damarious?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/09/browns-keep-trading-add-damarious-randall/

Compensation has yet to be revealed.  It better be decent. 

Offline PackerJoe

• All Pro
Re: Packers trade Damarious Randall to Cleveland
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 03:44:38 PM »
Randall was terrible.  Can we send them perry and Burnett too?  Some real good Db's iin rds 3-5

Offline BTIdaho

• Starter
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 03:49:34 PM »
Any idea when compensation will be announced? What did the Browns give up for Jarvis Landry today?

Offline PackerJoe

• All Pro
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2018, 03:53:22 PM »
Desmond kizer is now a packer

Offline PackerJoe

• All Pro
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2018, 03:55:03 PM »
Sorry, deshaun

Offline PackerJoe

• All Pro
Kizer a packer
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2018, 03:56:55 PM »
Deshaun kizer now a packer.

Offline BTIdaho

• Starter
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2018, 03:59:16 PM »
Not sure about this one.  We trade a starter for another starting Qb who played worse than our backup QB?

Offline BTIdaho

• Starter
Re: Kizer a packer
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2018, 04:00:35 PM »
Deshone I think 

Online scoremore

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2018, 04:18:49 PM »
OK is there more to the trade or is that it?  Straight up wouldn't do that trade.  Randall was a pretty good corner.  If we had depth could understand this move a little more but the cupboard is really bare now.  Hope the Packers at least got a decent pick out of the deal.

Offline NOLAPackerfan

• Rookie
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2018, 04:22:25 PM »
The only way i can make sense of this trade is Gute is hoping Kizer plays strong in a couple off-seasons leading to some qb desperate team to give us a 2nd rounder or higher.  I saw a clip of Ladanian Tomlinson on nfl network today saying he thought kizer could develop into a better qb than all this years rookies in time.  I kinda doubt that, but he will have an optimal place to learn.

Heat is on now to add to the secondary.  There is going to be a lot of veteran talent out there.  Im really hoping we land a CB and Wilkerson in FA, and draft an edge and a speedy wr with top two picks

Online scoremore

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2018, 04:23:17 PM »
Minutes after they reportedly agreed to trades for two of the AFC East's most prominent players, the NFL's worst team-turned-offseason sensation got busy with another transaction, this one a deal for former Green Bay Packers first-round draft pick Damarious Randall. And in the deal, they'll be shipping 2017 second-round pick DeShone Kizer to Green Bay. The teams will also be flipping Day 3 picks:

Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter
Browns traded QB Deshone Kizer to Packers for CB Damarious Randall, per source. In addition; the teams’ swapped picks in the 4th and 5th round.

Offline NOLAPackerfan

• Rookie
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2018, 04:23:49 PM »
OK is there more to the trade or is that it?  Straight up wouldn't do that trade.  Randall was a pretty good corner.  If we had depth could understand this move a little more but the cupboard is really bare now.  Hope the Packers at least got a decent pick out of the deal.

They traded picks in each of the 4th and 5th rounds...so i guess the moved up about 12 spots in each round and got Kizer for Randall

Online marklawrence

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2018, 04:25:07 PM »
Browns traded QB Deshone Kizer to Packers for CB Damarious Randall, per source. In addition; the teams swapped picks in the 4th and 5th round. — Adam Schefter
I'm a Deplorable Freeloader, clinging to my Guns and Bible! And Proud of it!

Online scoremore

• HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2018, 04:26:19 PM »
It's probably fair but considering how desperate we are CB ughhh.  Kizer better develop into something.  We just paid a pretty good price to get him.

In other words he better at least be a decent back up to Rodgers.  Hundley should be crapping in his pants.  Draft comes we better take Corners early and often.

Online Whiskey Sam

• HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2018, 04:28:32 PM »
Stunned by this given the lack of depth at CB. Kizer immediately becomes our #2 QB, I'd think. I thought he looked more like a pro passer when we played them than Hundley did, and he's younger. We need serious help at CB now. Do they have any interest in Sherman despite his age and injury?