December 18, 2018, 08:47:57 AM

Author Topic: Packers trade Damarious Randall to Cleveland  (Read 4507 times)

Offline Donzo

• HOF Member
  • Living the Dream
Re: B
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2018, 08:04:58 AM »
I am also stunned and confused. I think Randall has a bright future and we need all the help at CB we can get. And I never felt desperate for a backup QB. Confusing.

Who knows how the players will turn out, but the value is outstanding.

In MLB, they talk about the value of controllable years.  The Packers just traded a player in the last year of his rookie contract for a player with three (3!) left on his rookie contract. And, moved up in the the 4th and 5th rounds of the draft, including up to the super sexy first pick of day three of the draft... That's outstanding value!

Offline Hands

• HOF Member
    • Uncover
Re: Packers trade Damarious Randall to Cleveland
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2018, 09:53:59 AM »
The Browns have to decide if they want to pick up Randall's option (about $8 million) for 2019 by May 3.

There's a big part of this. We don't have a spare $8m. For a locker room distraction who's coming off hand surgery.
I believe this is a very big piece of the puzzle. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
Green Bay doesn't need to worry about getting a new backup QB. It doesn't dimish the fact that a talented CB has left the team, but he's replaceable....although it may hurt the team in the short run.
In the land of the blind.....the one eye man is king!