December 12, 2018, 07:46:21 PM

Author Topic: Big Boards  (Read 3750 times)

Offline RT

• HOF Member
Re: Big Boards
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2018, 01:01:35 PM »
Interior DLineman that possibly are on the Packers board.

Maurice Hurst, Michigan - Has tremendous quickness, hard working, nonstop motor. Game similar to Aaron Donald's, excellent interior rusher. Top 20 pick.

Taven Bryan, Florida - Explosive and incredibly athletic defensive lineman. Lives in the backfield because of his tremendous first step. Just scratching the surface of his potential. 1st round

Da'Ron Payne, Alabama - Very young, (21) physically gifted defensive tackle. At times looks like a top 5 pick and other times looks like just a guy. As he matures, has pro bowl potential. 1st round

Vita Via, Washington - Another athletically gifted big man. The planet theory (6'4"/ 347) will be in play here. At his size and still ran 5.10/40 and put up 41 on the bench. 1st round

Harrison Phillips, Stanford - I see a lot of Mike Daniels in his play. At 6'3"/307 with his wrestling background he consistently gets leverage on opponents. Very productive player at Stanford. Probably 2nd rounder.

B.J. Hill, N. Carolina State - Another very productive and durable player at the college level. Excellent testing at the combine, his 3-cone 7.28 was better then some WR's. 2/3

Nathan Shepherd, Fort Hays State - Another physically gifted big man (6'5"/315). Very raw, but showed well at the Senior Bowl before hurting his hand. 2/3

Da'Shawn Hand, Alabama - Not totally sure if he qualifies all the benchmarks, but I'm going to add him for now. Has been well coached and should be a contributor in most any defense. 3rd

Trenton Thompson, Georgia - May be limited to being a one-gap tackle. Moves well laterally. Has some injury history. 3/4

P.J. Hall, Sam Houston State - Amazed in his workout for scouts. Ran a 40 in 4.71 and 36 reps on the bench at 6' 1/2"/308. Another guy built like Daniels. Very Productive in college also with 86.5 tackles for loss and 42 sacks in his career. His draft projections are all over the place from 3rd round to 6th round. will be interesting to see where he falls.

RJ McIntosh, Miami - Athletic defensive line prospect who makes plays with range. May be best as a defensive end in a 3-4 system. 4/5

James Looney, California - Has potential at a variety of positions and in a multitude of schemes. A hustle player who may have some edge potential. 4/5

Jullian Taylor, Temple - Love these types of players. Ran 4.83/40 at 6'4"/295 and put-up 29 on the bench. Productive senior season. Packers have shown interest, attended his pro-day and spent time after with him. 5/6

Bilal Nichols, Delaware -  Under the radar player with nice size (6'4"/306) and a developing game. Strong in his lower body, holds the point of attack well. 6/7

Folorunso Fatukasi, Connecticut - Physically talented bigman (6'4"/315) who moves well (7.44 3-cone drill) on the interior. Probably a rotational guy at the NFL level. 6/7

John Franklin-Myers, Stephen F Austin - Raw prospect tested very well at the combine. At 6'4"/283 ran 4.75/40, 7.36 3-cone and 26 reps on the bench. A project that has a great deal of upside. 6/7

Lord Adusei-Hyeamang, Columbia - A 6-foot-4-inch, 285 pound defensive tackle raw talent who has tested very well. 7.37 3-cone and 28 reps on the bench. Scores a 9.11 on RAS. The Packers were one of a couple of teams at the Columbia pro-day, their is some interest. I do think he is UDFA only.

DL group is a little deeper than some others when it comes to Packers types. I would not be surprised if they added a DL in any round in the draft including the first. They may have a little more DL usage this year with a new DC and with only 5 DLineman currently on the roster they will need to add some bodies.

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2018, 03:30:07 PM »
If they sign another defender like Barwin or something on the outside, the pick could very well be Vita Vea. Provides and absolutely beastly front line. They maybe take edge rushers later in the draft. Having Clark, Daniel's, Wilkerson, Lowry, Adam's and Vea as a rotation would ensure a fresh push up front constantly.
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2018, 11:38:30 AM »
EDGE (3-4 outside LB's and some 4-3 DE's) players that possibly are on the Packers board.

Bradley Chubb, N.Carolina State - Concensus top 10 pick.

Harold Landry, Boston College - May well be the best pure passrusher in the draft this year. Many believe he will be the Packers first choice. 1st

Marcus Davenport, UTSA - Drafting more on potential than production for now. Very high ceiling. 1st

Josh Sweat, Florida State - Has been a hot name in this process. Measurables suggest success at the NFL level. 1st/2nd

Sam Hubbard, Ohio State - Excellent short area testing. Opinions seem to vary a bit, will be interesting where he is drafted. My guess is late 2nd/early 3rd.

Rasheem Green,USC - Probably a true 4-3 DE, but a player I like fairly well. May have a little too much of a Datone Jones look for some, but hopefully he has a better head on him. 2/3

Lorenzo Carter, Georgia - Outstanting athlete who doesn't always play up to his ability. His best football may still be ahead of him. Scores 100 on RAS. 2/3

Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, Oklahoma - Explosive testing numbers and the production to go along with it. Probably one of the 5 best pure passrushers in the draft. 2/3

Uchenna Nwosu, USC - Another who grades out very well as a pass rusher, should help a team early. 3rd

Kemoko Turay, Rutgers - Excellent size/speed guy who was very productive when he played. Fought some injuries last season. Would love to see him a Packer. 3rd

Duke Ejiofor, Wake Forest - Very effective pass rusher with good size at 6'3.5"/ 265. Some medical. 3/4

Chad Thomas, Miami - Probably a true 4-3 DE , but has size to play in a 3-4 end spot. Could he be part of a Pettine plan? 4th

Kylie Fitts, Utah - Very Productive college player. Another I would mind seeing the Packers take a chance on. Some medical. 4/5

Dorance Armstrong, Kansas - Has been a game-disrupting pass rusher at times. Mixed opinions. 4/5

Tyquan Lewis, Ohio State - Is a player the Packers have spent time with. Excellent size 6'3"/ 269. 4/5

Joe Ostman, C. Michigan - High effort, nonstop motor. Great college production. Wrestling background. 5/6

Peter Kalambayi, Stanford - A natural on stunts and games up front. Seems to have plateau'd. 5/6

Ade Aruna, Tulane - Another with excellent size. Good speed off the edge as a pass rusher. 5/6

Hercules Mata'afa, Washington State - Great college production as a DT at 6'2"/ 254. Is a project to the NFL, is a playmaker if someone figures out how to use him. 5/6

Trevon Young, Lousville - Excellent size, tested very well at the combine. Explosive pass-rusher, but has some injury history. 5/6

Garret Dooley, Wisconsin - Scheme advantage. Tested much better than people thought he would. Late bloomer. 7/UDFA

Mike Love, S.Florida - Under the radar guy the Packers spent time with at his pro-day and now brought in for a 30 visit. Guessing he is a 7/UDFA type.

Their is a lot of volume here. I think their is quite a few players that can add depth and be solid players for the Packers here. I don't know if their is a high number of pro bowlers thou. Should be a fun group to watch unfold over the 3 days of the draft.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 11:43:30 AM by RT »

Online scoremore

• HOF Member
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2018, 02:50:40 PM »
Just wanted to say nice work RT.  Takes some time to bring all that information.  Enjoy your posts...

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2018, 07:23:31 PM »
Just wanted to say nice work RT.  Takes some time to bring all that information.  Enjoy your posts...

thumbsup)

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2018, 07:36:34 PM »
On the list of CB's, I had listed JC Jackson, Maryland as a Packers match. He is not a match, their is a height correction and he is a inch to short. 

Offline Hands

• HOF Member
    • Uncover
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2018, 05:55:18 AM »
According to Tony Pauline, the Packers are after CBs in the first round. Ward is their first choice, Fitzpatrick, and then Josh Jackson. To me this sounds like pre-draft BS since many have Jackson as a late 1st round talent. They want a slot corner that can be physical at the LOS and those two guys could play that position. Like I said....could be pre-draft BS and we will find out in a week.
In the land of the blind.....the one eye man is king!

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2018, 06:32:43 AM »
According to Tony Pauline, the Packers are after CBs in the first round. Ward is their first choice, Fitzpatrick, and then Josh Jackson. To me this sounds like pre-draft BS since many have Jackson as a late 1st round talent. They want a slot corner that can be physical at the LOS and those two guys could play that position. Like I said....could be pre-draft BS and we will find out in a week.

Thanks Hands. I'm a big fan of Pauline and the work he does. In past years he does seem to have some connection with the Packers, but I also think he lets the Packers use him a little for disinformation in exchange for the inside player info he does get. It is the lying season you know.

Each year Pauline gives us some inside info in the days before the draft on who the Packers are going to take and it has always been a dead-end road. Two years ago we got, if Reggie Ragland falls to them he is their guy. Last year I was sold that T.J. Watt was the Packers guy until the day before the draft Pauline came out and said that if Watt was there he would be the Packers pick. When I read that I thought,' crap they don't have a 1st round grade on Watt'. Watt was not even an option for them in round one last year.

When I read that yesterday about the corners my first thoughts were that their is no chance of them taking a corner in the first round. I have questioned for awhile if they had any interest in Ward at all as a 1st rounder and now I strongly believe they don't. IMO the Packers are going to add the BPA and that player will be a front seven player the way the talent is stacked in the first round.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2018, 08:30:12 AM »
In putting together a Packers big board this morning made me wonder how many outliers would be on their board and how does it effect their draft grade with the Packers.

In reviewing roughly 800 player bio's and gathering their workout info, I have 141 players that are Packers types. From from what I have gathered thru the years is that is about the typical volume of a NFL teams big board. I am not claiming that this is the Packers big board. Many factors could lead to someone who meets all the benchmarks testing wise, but being removed because of off the field issues or medical questions.

In doing this exercize their were many players I liked as potential Packers, but didn't qualify in one way or another. An outlier. In going back and looking at outliers that the Packers have drafted was interesting. The vast majority of them were later round selections like Malachi Dupre was last year. OLinemen wise, I found 2 ( Jamon Meredith/2009 and Caleb Schlauderaff/2011) and the interesting thing on those 2 is that they are the few failed OL drafted in the past 12 years. Randall Cobb (was a inch to short) is the only outlier that I know of that was drafted in the first 3 rounds since TT became GM. Did they have a first round grade on him minus his height and was he just to good a value to pass on at the end of the 2nd round? None of us will probably ever know the answer to that question.

But it makes me wonder about a player like WR Anthony Miller from Memphis. He also is to short, but anyone who has watched much of him has to love the idea of their team drafting him. Is he on the Packers board? Probably. Is his grade lowered a round because of him height? Maybe. Their are several players that similar questions can be ask about. Between medicals, off the field issues and who the outliers are we will never have a complete Packers big board, but hopefully we can narrow the prospects down to probable selections.   
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 08:44:21 AM by RT »

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2018, 09:59:21 PM »
 Benjamin Allbright Retweeted

BJ Kissel

Verified account

@ChiefsReporter
 12h12 hours ago
More
#Chiefs GM Brett Veach said the draft board went from a few hundred players at the beginning of the process to "around 160" now.

Chiefs board will have a few more names than most teams.