November 13, 2018, 07:48:52 AM

Author Topic: Raiding the Ravens??????????  (Read 5367 times)

Offline cpk1994

• HOF Member
Re: Raiding the Ravens??????????
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2013, 07:01:12 AM »
They are 5 mil over the cap and must get a deal done with Flacco which would put them 20 mil over.

Safety Ed Reed still wants to play and his contract is up and he's a free agent.

DL Gruber is also a free agent and would be a nice piec to add to the DL.

And LBer Ellersby is a free agent and would look nice with Matthews and Bishop.

The Pack are currently one of the teams in the bidding for CB Revis, but if they would lose out, picking off one of these players would bring some attitude and production to the Defense.

Is this a serious overture by TT or is he just "kicking the tires"?  He likes to do that kicking around of things every year but he never seems to be overly serious.  Signing Revis would possibly be close to par with the signing of Reggie White.  Just depends on the contract situation.
It is well known that TT was prepared to draft Revis when the Jets stepped in front of him and snapped him up. So, I'd say if TT still has the same belief about Revis now that he did then, I'd say he is serious.
"Aaron Rodgers is a baaaaaaad man" - Stephen A. Smith

Offline Mazrimiv

• HOF Member
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2013, 07:26:46 AM »
It is well known that TT was prepared to draft Revis when the Jets stepped in front of him and snapped him up.

Yep, and TT's consolation prize was Justin Harrell...  Doh!!

Offline Waynorth

• Starter
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2013, 10:15:58 PM »
For pure talent I would take Revis in a New York minute and trade them whichever one of ours they wanted except Hayward. That said I don't want a contract dispute every season which seems to be his MO.  His talent speaks for itself and I don't believe him getting a big payday would be too disrupting to  locker room harmony. Stars get the big money and that's just the way it is, and every NFL player knows it. If TT signs him, and I have doubts about that because of our looming extensions, I hope he's got a good plan for avoiding a yearly dispute, and a good feel for how he will fit in.
"Knowledge does not enter your brain through an open mouth."