November 20, 2018, 01:22:47 PM

Author Topic: April 27 Day 2 Discussions  (Read 3945 times)

Online The GM

• HOF Member
Re: April 27 Day 2 Discussions
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2018, 01:05:05 PM »
Everyone assumes that James and Edmunds were rated higher because that is what the talking heads have been telling us for over a month now, but Gute suggested Alexander was the pick at 14. I trust in the guys that scout for a living and not the guys who talk for a living.

They spent a lot of time with Edmunds and James pre-draft - including bringing them to GB as part of their 30 visits.   They knew as much about those two prospects as they possibly could.    I liked Edmunds as much..or more..than anyone but trust the GB staff knows a fair bit more than my YouTube scouting exploits dug up.   No one can accuse the Pack of making a trade and bypassing these two options without having done their full due diligence as to what these guys could add to the team

Agree,  Gute and the Packers do this year round, they talk to everyone around the players, teammates, coaches, friends, trainers.  They have access to the medical questions. law, and character issues they might find through resources.  It takes a lot of time and energy to dig into these backgrounds.  Hell, if your just going off YouTube, Aaron Hernandez had some great college highlights.  You are investing millions of dollars in these guys, and you cant afford to miss.   They might look good, but their issues can come back to bite you.  Got no issues with the Packs selection.   Its a little tougher to select for Green Bay, but they do a great job.   
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 01:18:56 PM by The GM »

Offline ThatGuy284

• HOF Member
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2018, 01:09:44 PM »
Wonder if Hundley gets included in any trade packages today or tomorrow?  Could be another way to hold onto one of the 4th or 5th round picks while trying to move back into the 3rd..   

I know some (many?) will argue he's not even worth that much but among the terrible performances he also had 3 games with QB ratings of 110.7, 111.2 and 134.3 and another 86.0.  All good performances and on par with starting experiences of guys like Case Keenum.   Even Peyton Manning had 26 TD's and 28 INT's in his first starting experience.   Not expecting much value but don't think an extra 25-35 pts trade value is outrageous for a potential backup QB.   He's not great - but he's better than some of the fodder on rosters currently

For giggles - any teams this could even be a consideration?  Seattle, Tennessee, Oakland...

Offline Ptpaq

• Rookie
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2018, 01:23:41 PM »
Forget trading up into the 3rd. Trading up here in the 2nd for Harold Landry should be of utmost importance.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2018, 01:31:01 PM »
Forget trading up into the 3rd. Trading up here in the 2nd for Harold Landry should be of utmost importance.

None of us know the truth, but the fact that Landry and Hurst were not drafted yet and the rumors in many places of failed medicals make me wonder if either are even on the Packers board.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2018, 01:41:45 PM »
Wonder if Hundley gets included in any trade packages today or tomorrow?  Could be another way to hold onto one of the 4th or 5th round picks while trying to move back into the 3rd..   

I know some (many?) will argue he's not even worth that much but among the terrible performances he also had 3 games with QB ratings of 110.7, 111.2 and 134.3 and another 86.0.  All good performances and on par with starting experiences of guys like Case Keenum.   Even Peyton Manning had 26 TD's and 28 INT's in his first starting experience.   Not expecting much value but don't think an extra 25-35 pts trade value is outrageous for a potential backup QB.   He's not great - but he's better than some of the fodder on rosters currently

For giggles - any teams this could even be a consideration?  Seattle, Tennessee, Oakland...

Oakland was rumored earlier in the offseason, but not sure I see them as an option. Carolina, Dallas and Seattle all run read option offenses and that is probably his best niche and all 3 could uses of depth. Here is a link to teams QB depth,

http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchartpos/QB
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 01:43:13 PM by RT »

Offline Ptpaq

• Rookie
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2018, 01:52:37 PM »

None of us know the truth, but the fact that Landry and Hurst were not drafted yet and the rumors in many places of failed medicals make me wonder if either are even on the Packers board.

Yeah, something is causing the drop, we know that much. If its medical (like Hurst) I can understand the fall. But if this is a nitpick over run-support or 2017 tape then I think we are maming a mistake. If we stay put I’d love for Miller, Guice or Daniels on offense. Reid, Oliver.

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2018, 02:21:12 PM »

Yeah, something is causing the drop, we know that much. If its medical (like Hurst) I can understand the fall. But if this is a nitpick over run-support or 2017 tape then I think we are maming a mistake. If we stay put I’d love for Miller, Guice or Daniels on offense. Reid, Oliver.

Must be something concerning with Landry.  Too good of a player not to go in the 1st round.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
2nd day options
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2018, 03:01:33 PM »
Put together a little list of players that could be in play for the Packers tonight.

DT Maurice Hurst, Michigan
EG Harold Landry, Boston College
CB Josh Jackson, Iowa
These 3 probably had 1st grades minus medicals. NFL teams are the only ones who know if/when Hurst or Landry come off the board. Expect Jackson to be one of the first 5 taken tonight.

This list should have 2nd or 3rd round grades minus medical unknowns.

OL Connor Williams, Texas - Will Hernandez, UTEP - Austin Corbett, Nevada - James Daniels, Iowa - Braden Smith, Auburn

WR Courtland Sutton, SMU - DJ Chark,   LSU - Michael Gallup, Colorado State - Anthony Miller, Memphis - Deon Cain, Clemson

TE Michael Gesicki, Penn State -  Dallas Goedert, South Dakota St. -  Mark Andrews, Oklahoma -  Ian Thomas, Indiana

EDGE Lorenzo Carter, Georgia -  Josh Sweat, Florida State -  Sam Hubbard, Ohio State -  Duke Ejiofor, Wake Forest - Uchenna Nwosu, USC - Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, Oklahoma - Kemoko Turay, Rutgers -  Rasheem Green, USC

DL  Harrison Phillips, Stanford - B.J. Hill, North Carolina St. - Nathan Shepherd, Fort Hays State - P. J. Hall, Sam Houston State - Da'Shawn Hand, Alabama 

DB Isaiah Oliver, Colorado - Jessie Bates III, Wake Forest -  Quenton Meeks, Stanford - Justin Reid, Stanford

RB  Derrius Guice, LSU - Nick Chubb, Georgia -  Kerryon Johnson, Auburn 

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2018, 03:05:38 PM »
Put together a little list of players that could be in play for the Packers tonight.

CB Josh Jackson, Iowa
These 3 probably had 1st grades minus medicals. NFL teams are the only ones who know if/when Hurst or Landry come off the board. Expect Jackson to be one of the first 5 taken tonight.

OL Connor Williams, Texas - Will Hernandez, UTEP - Austin Corbett, Nevada - James Daniels, Iowa - Braden Smith, Auburn

WR Courtland Sutton, SMU - DJ Chark,   LSU - Michael Gallup, Colorado State - Anthony Miller, Memphis - Deon Cain, Clemson

TE Michael Gesicki, Penn State -  Dallas Goedert, South Dakota St. -  Mark Andrews, Oklahoma -  Ian Thomas, Indiana

EDGE Lorenzo Carter, Georgia -  Josh Sweat, Florida State -  Sam Hubbard, Ohio State -  Duke Ejiofor, Wake Forest - Uchenna Nwosu, USC - Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, Oklahoma - Kemoko Turay, Rutgers -  Rasheem Green, USC

DL  Harrison Phillips, Stanford - B.J. Hill, North Carolina St. - Nathan Shepherd, Fort Hays State - P. J. Hall, Sam Houston State - Da'Shawn Hand, Alabama 

DB Isaiah Oliver, Colorado - Jessie Bates III, Wake Forest -  Quenton Meeks, Stanford - Justin Reid, Stanford

Will start a separate thread with this list for people who may want quick access to the list.     

Offline bmaafi

• Rookie
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2018, 03:35:57 PM »

that is actually a good idea I never thought of. Offer up Hundley, a 4th, and two 5ths. Should get it done.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
Re: 2nd day options
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2018, 03:46:24 PM »
Might consider adding RB Jones to that list as well, RT.

Online The GM

• HOF Member
Re: 2nd day options
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2018, 03:51:01 PM »
Some of the projected second rounders may have issues we dont know about that cause them to drop too.   

Offline LMG

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
    • Where are we?
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2018, 04:06:41 PM »

CB Josh Jackson, Iowa

Will start a separate thread with this list for people who may want quick access to the list.     

Merged here RT...don't need the same thing in different areas.

Thanks RT.
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2018, 04:10:30 PM »
The same guy that told me a few days ago to not be surprised if the Packers used their 14th overall pick on Alexander, has just told me not to be surprised if the Packers flip the 1st rounder they got from the Saints to the Colts if G Austin Corbett is available when the Colts are on the board. I don't think I care for that idea, but he does have a connected source. It is not in stone, but worth watching. 

Offline scoremore

• HOF Member
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2018, 04:13:22 PM »
That would be horrible RT.