May 24, 2018, 10:29:30 PM

Author Topic: footballdad final mock  (Read 724 times)

Offline footballdad

• Rookie
footballdad final mock
« on: April 17, 2018, 03:10:09 AM »
Round 1 - #14 - Leighton Vander Esch  LB  Boise State
Round 2 - #45 - Lorenzo Carter - LB  Georgia
Round 3 - #76 - Anthony Miller - WR  Memphis
Round 4 - #101 - Tyrell Crosby - OT  Oregon
Round 4 - #133 - Quenton Meeks - CB  Stanford
Round 5 - #138 - Nick Nelson - CB  Wisconsin
Round 5 - #172 - Troy Fumagalli - TE  Wisconsin
Round 5 - #174 - Quin Blanding - S  Virginia
Round 6 - #186 - Alex Cappa - OT  Humboldt State

I'm not going to pretend to guess any further - BPA regardless of position.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
Re: footballdad final mock
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 05:36:26 AM »
Solid, solid draft!

What's not to like!

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 06:42:21 AM »
That would be a very solid haul. Personally I would be surprised if Crosby and Meeks made it to those picks, but I have been surprised before. Nice draft.

Offline footballdad

• Rookie
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 02:44:48 PM »
Thanks guys.
Dannobanano......liked your draft as well, real solid.
As far as Crosby and Meeks go, I'm hoping they are there. Meeks lacks the speed but reminds me a little of Mike McKenzie. Crosby might slip because of a "bad body". Whatever that means. Mark Tauscher had one too.
If we could get another McKenzie and Tauscher, I don't think anyone would be unhappy.

Offline WTX_Cheese

• All Pro
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2018, 08:20:59 AM »
I'd totally be down with this draft.

Offline scoremore

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2018, 07:20:25 AM »
LVE has a neck.  Not entirely sure if he is cleared medically or if it is just predraft BS.  At 14 is he the BPA?  Not sure he is.  Have to see who is on the board but for me looks like a needs based draft.  Like Davenport better but he is also a bit of a project.  Still feel the way the draft will likely fall either one of the hybrid S or DL looks to be where the BPA will be found.  James, Vea, or Payne.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2018, 03:38:55 PM »
LVE has a neck.  Not entirely sure if he is cleared medically or if it is just predraft BS.  At 14 is he the BPA?  Not sure he is.  Have to see who is on the board but for me looks like a needs based draft.  Like Davenport better but he is also a bit of a project.  Still feel the way the draft will likely fall either one of the hybrid S or DL looks to be where the BPA will be found.  James, Vea, or Payne.

Score................It's the lying season. You know that!  ;D

That rumor about Vander Esch has been out there for weeks.

My guess is that either MN or the Steelers are pushing this story. The Steelers have been very public about their affection for said LVE. And MN would also love to add another high caliber LB to their roster, as insurance in case they lose Anthony Barr to free agency next year. That's probably why Mayock has joined in on the hype. He's a vike fan to the core.

Here's the skinny for you........................(spoiler alert! Stinger/pinched nerve)

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2018/04/16/way-we-hear-it-combine-medical-report-disputes-leighton-vander-esch-concerns/a45fktj/

PFW obtained a copy of the medical report from the NFL scouting combine showing that Vander Esch was given a passing grade for his health and was not asked to come back to the April medical re-check in Indianapolis, which very commonly happens when initial tests are concerning or inconclusive.

The combine medical report gave Vander Esch a medical grade of 4 out of a possible 5 — the lower the number, the more concerning the player's injury status is. A five would be a fully healthy player with no known medical issues; typically players are only red-flagged if they receiver lower than a 3 on the combine report.

This clears up some of the picture, as Boise State's coaching staff adhered to a policy of not revealing the specific nature of injuries for their players. Two scouts had mentioned to PFW previously Vander Esch's right knee injury, a grade-1 LCL sprain, which he suffered in August of 2016.

But it appears the more concerning injury was actually a neck impingement Vander Esch suffered in September of that year in a game against Oregon State and initially was diagnosed as a concussion. We spoke with a source who had knowledge of Vander Esch's medical history who told us that the concussion diagnosis was found to be incorrect after Vander Esch told the school's medical staff he was not suffering any concussion-like symptoms but rather pain in his neck.

Upon further evaluation, Vander Esch was found to have suffered a stinger — an extremely common injury among linebackers especially — and began wearing a neckroll thereafter once he returned to the field. Vander Esch later visited with a chiropractor, who quickly adjusted him, relieved the pain from the pinched nerve and helped clear his path to return to the field.

The actual wording of the combine medical report we received indicated the pinched nerve in the cervical area, and we've never heard of a prospect being medically red-flagged for that. The report indicates no structural damage was found, nor was there any evidence that Vander Esch suffered a significant concussion or any further head trauma in that incident almost 18 months ago.

Steelers and Vikes just trying to push a player down the board so they can get a shot at him. It's unethical IMO, but it goes on all the time. Doing this kind of garbage can cost a kid like LVE a lot of money, but teams like MN and Pitt don't give a crap about that.