November 19, 2018, 10:30:00 AM

Author Topic: Nightmare draft scenario  (Read 771 times)

Offline footballdad

• Rookie
Nightmare draft scenario
« on: April 24, 2018, 02:46:24 AM »
Mine is that the following players are there @14:

Landry
Ward
Davenport
Vander Esch
Jackson

and the Packers either trade back a few spots or stay where they are and select McGlinchey or Ridley. Both good players, but really? Follow it up in the 2nd by selecting Key.

That is my nightmare scenario. What is yours?

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
Re: Nightmare draft scenario
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2018, 04:38:00 AM »
My personal nightmare is that I read any more posts like this. What is your point? That we should all be afraid, gloomy and feel like the Packers are going to do something really dumb with their excellent draft position? How about Rodgers rips up his knee and has to retire just after signing a huge guaranteed contract? Is that gloomy enough? The draft cant get here soon enough.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 07:08:14 AM »

Landry
Ward
Davenport
Vander Esch
Jackson

and the Packers either trade back a few spots or stay where they are and select McGlinchey or Ridley. Both good players, but really? Follow it up in the 2nd by selecting Key.

I never get wrapped up in who they take right away.  Sure, there are players I like and dont like on draft day but you never know how they will do until they get on the field.  The proof and test of any pick is in the Fall weather I like the pick in April or not.  I always give the player a chance to prove me right or wrong with his play.  My nightmare guys are from previous drafts.  Justin Harrell and Sherrod. For me, the nightmare is based on actual production on Sundays.  Its always fun to speculate, but until they get on the field, thats all it is.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 07:15:36 AM by The GM »

Online scoremore

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2018, 07:15:30 AM »

Landry
Ward
Davenport
Vander Esch
Jackson

I never get wrapped up in who they take right away.  Sure, there are players I like and dont like on draft day but you never know how they will do until they get on the field.  The proof and test of any pick in on the Fall weather I like the pick in April or not.  I always give the player a chance to prove me right or wrong with his play.  My nightmare guys are from previous drafts.  Justin Harrell and Sherrod. For me, the nightmare is based on actual production on Sundays.  Its always fun to speculate, but until they get on the field, thats all it is.

Of all the draft talk this is the most sensible thing I have heard.  Spot on GM. 

Offline footballdad

• Rookie
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2018, 01:34:41 PM »
Did not intend to offend anyone. Was meant more as the pick comes to the podium and it's an "oh crap" moment because the guy YOU really wanted was not selected. Nothing more.
Apologies to all.
GM...............great point.

Online marklawrence

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2018, 02:23:41 PM »
You must have faith.
I'm a Deplorable Freeloader, clinging to my Guns and Bible! And Proud of it!

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2018, 04:15:59 PM »

Landry
Ward
Davenport
Vander Esch
Jackson

Very "NO" on Ridley at #14. Sutton and Moore might actually get drafted before Ridley (IMO).

Unless the Packers have no hope for Spriggs, Murphy, and Pankey as potential RT's, I say "NO" to McGlinchy at #14 as well.

I'd have no problem trading back a few spots (if those 5 are still there at #14), and then pick the best of what left when my turn comes. Then use the extra pick as either a bonus pick in it's round, or as ammo to move up in the 2nd or 3rd rounds to get a desired player.

I don't see this as a nightmare scenario, necessarily.