July 19, 2018, 10:18:45 AM

Author Topic: Podcast on Rodger's draft day  (Read 271 times)

Offline Hands

• HOF Member
    • Uncover
Podcast on Rodger's draft day
« on: April 24, 2018, 05:46:03 AM »
I found this, not even sure how, and it's a podcast from Andrew Brandt and explains a lot about the tensions in the draft room about drafting Rodgers back in 2005. Also talks about Woodson as a FA and a few other Green Bay highlights. I found it enjoyable...hope you do to.
BTW...Anyone going to the draft? I will be there w/ Rodger's jersey and black SB cap.

http://www.rosstucker.com/podcasts/the-business-of-sports-with-andrew-brandt/
In the land of the blind.....the one eye man is king!

Offline OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
Re: Podcast on Rodger's draft day
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2018, 06:26:25 AM »
Nice find Hands. I listened to the whole thing and it was very enjoyable. Lots of 'being there' detail..........like how Brandt hated negotiating directly with players, because when (as part of determing where the players value lies) you start naming names who the player isn't as good as, in this or that category, they (not surprisingly) take it personally. An agent acts as a buffer between contract manager and player, and it avoids souring relations between them. After three awful negotiations directly with players, Brandt insisted a player get an agent to sort out the players contract. You are likely to get a better contract (for the Packers) if you negotiate directly with a player, but the negatives outweigh that.
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Offline RT

• HOF Member
Re: Podcast on Rodger's draft day
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 09:00:58 AM »
Liked it, thanks for sharing.