May 22, 2018, 10:52:24 AM

Author Topic: Bulaga refuses pay cut  (Read 825 times)

Offline footballdad

• Rookie
Bulaga refuses pay cut
« on: April 26, 2018, 01:36:50 PM »
Per PFT. Does not say how much.

Offline Twain

• HOF Member
Re: Bulaga refuses pay cut
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2018, 02:40:49 PM »
Not sure what this means coming from McGinn, but I could see this being true.

I think a lot of fans think that renegotiating an active contract to lower a players pay is easy to do, but I think we are seeing this off season that it really isn't easy at all.

"The trouble ain't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2018, 02:56:37 PM »
Testing the waters with Bulaga.

Even if they don't make any bold move's at OT in the draft, there will be a lot of player search going on between now and Sept. 1st.

Why Sept. 1st?

Because if Bulaga is on the roster after that date, they have to pay his the full value of his contract for 2018, since he is a vested veteran.

Post draft, and all through the cut down periods you can bet Gute & Co. will be watching to see if someone gets released that they can snatch up.

Offline marklawrence

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2018, 03:26:42 PM »
I'd say there's a very decent chance bulaga doesn't make it out of camp.
I'm a Deplorable Freeloader, clinging to my Guns and Bible! And Proud of it!

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2018, 04:08:32 PM »

An excellent tackle when healthy. The problem, of course, is he has a severe injury history. This could be a huge camp for the backups, in particular Murphy and Spriggs, of course. Though if the Packers were able to draft a plug and play potential All Pro in the fourth or fifth round, that would be fine. So, yes Mark, I definitely think that Bulaga will be playing for another team this year- perhaps part of a draft night trade with Cleveland?
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2018, 04:30:23 PM »

An excellent tackle when healthy. The problem, of course, is he has a severe injury history. This could be a huge camp for the backups, in particular Murphy and Spriggs, of course. Though if the Packers were able to draft a plug and play potential All Pro in the fourth or fifth round, that would be fine. So, yes Mark, I definitely think that Bulaga will be playing for another team this year- perhaps part of a draft night trade with Cleveland?

I doubt anyone would trade for an injury prone OT who may have to start the season on the PUP.

Nice to dream though.

Offline WTX_Cheese

• All Pro
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2018, 01:47:39 PM »
After hearing about this, I really thought they might go after a Tackle in Round 2. I guess they're counting on Murphy to start the season at RT.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2018, 03:20:58 PM »
After hearing about this, I really thought they might go after a Tackle in Round 2. I guess they're counting on Murphy to start the season at RT.

Don't forget about Adam Pankey. He could be in the mix as well.

Offline TAYLORBOY

• All Pro
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2018, 03:53:41 AM »
after all the hoopla coaches said he is way ahead of schedule and he looks promising...

Draft choice Madison will probably end up in the mix

Bulaga could end up at RG

Offline OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2018, 02:45:47 PM »
I expect Bulaga to be with the Packers in 2018. The Packers are trying to save money, so they don't want $3.2m in dead cap PLUS a hole at RT, so I think they eat his $7.9m salary.

The 2019 cap hit for letting him go would only be $1.6m, while the salary would be $8.35m. that is a less certain position.

Finally, if he plays out his contract, the Packers could possibly get a decent comp pick. Several facets to consider here.
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"