September 22, 2018, 10:05:49 AM

Author Topic: Pick #207, Equanimeous St. Brown, WR, Notre Dame  (Read 897 times)

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • Where are we?
Pick #207, Equanimeous St. Brown, WR, Notre Dame
« on: April 28, 2018, 02:15:52 PM »

Bio:
Two-year starter who led Notre Dame in receptions and receiving yards in each of those seasons. Caught 33 passes for 515 yards and four touchdowns in 2017. Led the team with nine touchdown receptions and made 58 catches for 961 yards as a junior.

Pos:
Nice-sized receiver with big upside. Offers the quarterback an imposing target, goes over the middle of the field and takes big hits but holds onto throws. Adjusts to errant passes, extends his hands to make receptions away from his frame and keeps plays in bounds after the catch. Uses his large frame to shield away defenders and protect the pass. Fluid, nicely tracks the ball in the air and makes downfield receptions in contorted positions. Displays good quickness. Gives effort as a blocker and gets results.

Neg:
Slows into breaks and tends to round off routes. One-speed receiver and lacks downfield burst. Comes off a disappointing junior season after he put up big numbers as a sophomore.

Analysis:
St. Brown is a physical specimen with tremendous upside potential and the underlying skill to develop into a productive wideout at the next level.

Projected Round 4

Tony Pauline - DraftAnalyst.com

*********************************************************************************

Wow, what a steal! I consistently had Equanimeous St. Brown in the second or third round of my mock drafts, and I'm shocked that he lasted past the fourth frame.

St. Brown was very productive in 2016, but that changed this past season because of the quarterbacking problems at Notre Dame. 

St. Brown could develop into a solid NFL starter, so he's a steal this late in the draft.

Grade A+

Walter Football

************************************************************************************

St. Brown has the speed to threaten vertically and the toughness to make plays over the middle. He grades out as a future starter who contributes as a slot receiver while he develops.

Mel Kiper thinks that Notre Dame wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown's size makes him a rare prospect.

ESPN
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 03:53:39 PM by LMG »
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
Re: Pick #207, Equanimeous St. Brown, WR, Notre Dame
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2018, 02:18:13 PM »
Strange he slid this far!

Runs good routes.
Has very good speed.

Had problems with quality of QB throwing to him.

3 WR's...................changing of the guard in the WR room.

Online scoremore

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2018, 02:41:09 PM »
207. Green Bay Packers: Equanimeous St. Brown, Wide Receiver, Notre Dame

Strengths: Size, athleticism. Weaknesses: Route running, polish.

“Equanimous” means calm, reasoned and self-composed. “Equanimeous” must be an accepted alternate spelling, because my word processor was cool with it. Or maybe Microsoft Word is a big Fighting Irish fan. Anyway, St. Brown has the kind of size and athleticism to make scouts lose their equanimity, but the tape shows a so-so route-runner who can’t break the press the way a receiver of his size should. St. Brown looked great in combine pass-catching drills, and a 6’5” guy with 4.48 speed, quickness and snatchy hands is worth a calm, reasonable long look as a potential Demaryius Thomas in training. Look for St. Brown to outperform at least one of the receivers the Packers drafted ahead of him. Grade: Excellent.

From B/R

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2018, 04:17:36 PM »

St Brown cant complain about the QBs in Green Bay.  We have Aaron Rodgers, and St Brown's former college QB and best season with Kizer.   

Online scoremore

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2018, 06:42:11 AM »
Nice write up on EQ

https://www.thefantasyfootballers.com/articles/reception-perception-hard-to-find-the-faults-in-equanimeous-st-browns-game/?udk=mharmon25

Always get hyped on our draft picks.  Knowing full well a lot of guys bust out.  I hope this kid makes it.  #1 type potential hope it works out.  If Aaron likes him he'll be great.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2018, 06:59:55 AM »

St Brown cant complain about the QBs in Green Bay.  We have Aaron Rodgers, and St Brown's former college QB and best season with Kizer.

Both Kizer and ESB are excited that GB drafted him.

When Kizer was his QB at ND he caught 58 for 961 yds and 9 TD's.

Online scoremore

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2018, 07:52:32 AM »
Always try to temper my enthusiasm.  Especially when we are talking about a 6th rounder.  Kid has all the tools and probably should have been a round 2-3 guy.  Smart tall fast and runs good routes.  Nice find.  Like all 3 guys but EQ intrigues me the most. 

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2018, 04:24:56 PM »
Aaron Nagler

@AaronNagler
Follow Follow @AaronNagler
More
"He refused to play special teams." An NFC Scout to @BobMcGinn on Equanimeous St. Brown. Well, I got some news for you kid..

Offline ThatGuy284

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2018, 08:55:11 AM »
Is that a comment he made in team interviews or a refusal to play ST at Notre Dame?

If he says that in a team interview that's a huge red flag.  Only option left is to become that starter opposite Adams or find a change of attitude on some teams PS.   Fortunately for him - he probably has the talent to beat out Allison as the 3rd option (but can he beat out Moore or Valdes-Scantling?)

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2018, 01:18:58 PM »
Its a red flag, but he gets a clean slate from me.  He'll soon find out special teams is the best ticket to making the team for a late round pick.   I just hope all of these guys take advantage of the opportunity they are being given.  Leave everything on the field, or spend the rest of your days in a office wondering why you didn't.     

Offline Twain

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2018, 01:50:46 PM »
He has been successful as an athlete, and successful in the classroom.  With the kind of discipline that took, I am guessing that he has the discipline to suck it up and play special teams until he gets to the point that he doesn't need to.

I do wonder if he has the wrong body type to be effective on special teams though.  Seems too tall and lean for that kind of contact.  We will see.
"The trouble ain't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."