July 19, 2018, 10:34:02 AM

Author Topic: UDFA info thread  (Read 3025 times)

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
Re: UDFA info thread
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2018, 11:51:49 AM »
An FYI on Gibson and Seisay...................

According to Rob Beischel and Bob McGinn:

Gibson (6-3 ½, 245) underwent arthroscopic surgery on his shoulder in November. He said the Packers think major surgery might be required.

Seisay (6-1, 200) indicated he was red-flagged because of a knee injury that bothered him last season.

“It’s not over with the Packers yet,” Seisay said. “Lot of things going on. I just need a little bit of time.”

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2018, 03:05:20 PM »
Here are the 16 players invited as tryouts this weekend:

QB Nick Stevens, Colorado State
CB Mike Minter, Middle Tennessee State
CB Tray Mitchell, Eastern Illinois
FB Caleb Melton, Cal Poly
RB Sherman Badie, Tulane
RB Anthony Philyaw, Howard
TE Marcus Bryan, UNC-Wilmington
LB Greer Martini, Notre Dame
S Joe Ferguson, Wisconsin
TE Ryan Smith, Miami (Ohio)
G R.J. Prince, North Carolina
T Sunny Odgwu, UCLA
DE Mack Weaver, Eastern Illinois
LB Derek McCartney, Colorado
LB Jacob Onyechi, Air Force
LB Xavier Thigpen, So. Miss

The Packers are signing two of their tryout players: LB Greer Martini of Notre Dame and TE Ryan Smith of Miami (Ohio), per a league source.

The Packers had two open spots for the 90 man roster with the release of Vogel and those that failed their physicals.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2018, 07:37:12 AM »
This is a good piece for anyone who likes to deep dive into the lesser known rookies (UDFA's) on this years roster. Andrew Herman did a nice job here:

https://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/film-review-undrafted-free-agents-148

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2018, 06:12:54 AM »

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2018, 08:11:08 AM »
Interesting info from Demovsky on UDFA's signing bonus money.

http://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/44771/follow-the-money-to-find-gems-of-packers-undrafted-rookie-class

Ya!

Read that yesterday as well.

Interesting that Conor Sheehy got one of the top signing bonuses. Makes you wonder if the Packers have higher expectations than folks here have intimated.

Many folks have thought that Lancaster has a chance to make the 53. I have also thought that Austin Davis has a real chance as well.

With the drafting of Cole Madison, and giving Jacob Alsadek one of the top udfa signing bonuses, you wonder if Spriggs job is on the line?

RT, you made the call on Boyle when I thought that Hundley wouldn't get his contract renewed and you light heartedly joked about him not making the team.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 08:17:47 AM by dannobanano »

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2018, 08:25:20 AM »

http://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/44771/follow-the-money-to-find-gems-of-packers-undrafted-rookie-class

Ya!

Interesting that Conor Sheehy got one of the top signing bonuses. Makes you wonder if the Packers have higher expectations than folks here have intimated.

Agree, he was a complete afterthought for me. Could he be as good as Lowry? I see a similar player in Sheehy, not as athletic, but not a slug either. 7.31/ 3-cone is pretty good movement for a 290+ pounder.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2018, 08:28:25 AM »

Ya!

Agree, he was a complete afterthought for me. Could he be as good as Lowry? I see a similar player in Sheehy, not as athletic, but not a slug either. 7.31/ 3-cone is pretty good movement for a 290+ pounder.

Lowry has proven himself a valuable contributor to the DL. In my mind Montravious Adams has to show a lot this year (he's a Ted pick, not a Gute pick), OR........Pettine has something sneaky up his sleeve when it comes to DL.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2018, 08:34:31 AM »

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2018, 08:38:03 AM »
Agree, was not attempting to suggest that Lowry was in danger of losing out to anyone. He is a solid, high effort guy who continues to get better. History tells us that Pettine likes to play with a few more big men than Capers would employee. Their are few givens right now, but for me it is a given that they keep 6 DLinemen this year on the 53.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2018, 08:53:43 AM »

Ya!

Many folks have thought that Lancaster has a chance to make the 53. I have also thought that Austin Davis has a real chance as well.

With the drafting of Cole Madison, and giving Jacob Alsadek one of the top udfa signing bonuses, you wonder if Spriggs job is on the line?

RT, you made the call on Boyle when I thought that Hundley wouldn't get his contract renewed and you light heartedly joked about him not making the team.

I like Jacob Alsadek and Austin Davis also, both have a chance of filling out the backend of the OL depth chart. IMO