November 19, 2018, 10:01:59 PM

Author Topic: what happened, what now  (Read 348 times)

Offline packlaw

• Second String
what happened, what now
« on: November 16, 2018, 05:15:42 AM »
Lets give credit where credit is due.  The defense played extremely well with its patchwork secondary and depleted line.  Both Clark and Daniels were out in the final drives.  Rogers had a good game statistically; but didn't deliver in the end.  This game should of been put away before the final few minutes.  This loss isn't on Rogers unless it was he who decided to take the ball out of Jones' hands in the second quarter.  It wasn't Rogers who didn't challenge the alleged catch on the winning drive.  This falls on the coach and his inability to change his ways.  He has the player to run the ball to set up the pass.  Aside from Adams, his receivers are raw and have a difficult time getting open or coming back to Rogers when he scrambles.  When the run is abandoned, the defense covers the routes and pressure is applied to Rogers as the young receivers can't get open.  Now it is simple, run the table and your in and lose won more and your fate is in the hands of others and a second loss ends the season for sure.  Can it be done.  The odds are not with this injury depleted team run by a man set in his ways.  The chance for the playoffs are slim; but we will discover who we keep to build a better team next year and who will be gone (Cobb, Perry, Mathews and MM}

Offline SB XLIX

• Starter
Re: what happened, what now
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2018, 05:58:54 AM »
If Rodgers hadn't wasted two timeouts in the 2nd half, maybe MM would have challenged the catch.

Offline GBRoCk2

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2018, 06:24:06 AM »
Something has to change this off-season, I'm tired of watching the same thing on offense. This west coast attack just isn't working,

Troy even called it out, you have WRs running their routes and not making an effort to come back to the ball, which we all know, is that the play-calling or coaching? I felt like most of our routes run were 10 yards deep, and our idea of quick passes are these WR screens, which didn't really fool Seattle at all. Another thing...are we allergic to attacking the middle of the field?

Honestly, we were lucky to even score 24 points because we literally had 1 good drive, the TD to Jones in the end of the first half. You scored the 1 TD off of Seattle's turnover, the other TD to Tonyan was imo lucky, but don't get me wrong a great throw. I still found myself after this game saying they need to get the ball to Jones more, some of the plays called didn't really give him a chance, find creative ways to get him in space. I realize alot of our WRs are rookies, but while I've seen flashes from St. Brown, and MVS, both are not nearly close to being WR2s just yet, I was hoping Graham would be our second option outside of Adams and that clearly hasn't been the case.

The defense did all it could, but they were completely gassed, Seattle controlled the clock and kept running the ball down our throats. Huge props to Fackrell, seemed to be the only player on the line that every time I watched him just showed a non-stop motor to attempt to get to Wilson or make a play, think we found our replacement for Clay.

In this draft we need to add to our lines on both sides of the ball...Rodgers is one of the most sacked QBs in the NFL, have to invest in protecting him, whether via the draft or free agency. And on defense, we are near being one of the worst teams at stopping the run, need to make a lot of changes to the front 7 on that side of the ball, I think you are probably OK beyond adding a safety in the draft just focusing on adding defensive linemen and finding another pass rusher.

Offline PackerJoe

• All Pro
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2018, 06:41:20 AM »
Firswt thing I do is bring up Kumerow from practice squad.  He knows about coming back to a qb in trouble and he catches the ball and runs well afterwards, he's a mismatch with his size, he knows ho to run routes.  Put Cobb on Injured reserve.  Fire zook and McCarthy.
He blew not throwing the flag and not going for it on 4t and 2.  He got outcoached!!!!!