December 14, 2018, 09:55:54 AM

Author Topic: Packers transactions  (Read 21335 times)

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
Re: Packers transactions
« Reply #135 on: September 16, 2018, 07:19:58 AM »
Not sure how this works, but isn't there a time period early in the season that you can sign a player and it not be guaranteed or guaranteed?

A "vested" veteran (4 years or more in the league on a 53 man roster).

........if they are on any team as of Week One, their full base salaries become, as a practical matter, guaranteed.

The rule comes from Article XXIII of the Collective Bargaining Agreement, which provides each player having four or more seasons in the league with a one-time right to “termination pay.”

If a so-called “vested veteran” is on a team at the start of the season and thereafter is released, he has the right to collect the balance of his base salary for the season — even if he later signs with another team.

Each player may do this only once in his career.

For vested veterans signed after the season starts, the available termination pay drops dramatically.  Each player is entitled to the balance of the first 25 percent of his base salary or one week’s pay based on the minimum salary for players with 10 or more years of service, whichever is greater.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/31/refresher-on-the-vested-veteran-guarantee/

Offline SET4YRS

• Starter
« Reply #136 on: September 16, 2018, 01:48:21 PM »

Need to call the vikings and find out how to sign refs.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #137 on: September 17, 2018, 12:30:38 PM »
Ryan Wood

Verified account

@ByRyanWood
Follow Follow @ByRyanWood
More
McCarthy says #Packers RB Aaron Jones will be activated to the 53-man roster soon. His two-game suspension is over.

A little interested in who is let go today to make room for Jones. If King wasn't hurt I think House might be looking for work this afternoon, but an injured King probably keeps him around. He just looks like he has nothing left to offer the Packers defense.

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #138 on: September 17, 2018, 01:13:14 PM »
Ryan Wood

Verified account

@ByRyanWood
More
McCarthy says #Packers RB Aaron Jones will be activated to the 53-man roster soon. His two-game suspension is over.

A little interested in who is let go today to make room for Jones. If King wasn't hurt I think House might be looking for work this afternoon, but an injured King probably keeps him around. He just looks like he has nothing left to offer the Packers defense.

House was only partly to blame for that long TD pass. He should have had safety help deep, but instead (I think it was Brice) was on the other side of the field, where the receiver already had a CB and S on him. Is he a worthy starter? Not really. But unless they can pick up someone off the streets, he's the proverbial "next man up".
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #139 on: September 19, 2018, 08:12:35 AM »
Ryan Wood

Verified account

@ByRyanWood
More

House was only partly to blame for that long TD pass. He should have had safety help deep, but instead (I think it was Brice) was on the other side of the field, where the receiver already had a CB and S on him. Is he a worthy starter? Not really. But unless they can pick up someone off the streets, he's the proverbial "next man up".

Not blaming House for anything just don't think he has anything left to offer the team. Father time just kicking one more players *ss is all.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #140 on: September 19, 2018, 08:17:02 AM »
Not a transaction, but found this an interesting group that the Packers are doing their due diligence on.

Howard Balzer

@HBalzer721
Follow Follow @HBalzer721
More
Packers tryouts: WRs Shay Fields, Chad Hansen, Korey Robertson, Taj Williams; QB Brogan Roback.

Hansen was a 'Packers type' during the draft process and was drafted in the 4th round by the Jets last year.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #141 on: September 19, 2018, 01:15:25 PM »
Ryan Wood

Verified account

@ByRyanWood
More

Not blaming House for anything just don't think he has anything left to offer the team. Father time just kicking one more players *ss is all.

Personel groupings are about finding favorable matchups. House has never been the fastest guy, but he's big and a physical press CB. House just turned 29 years old vs T-Will being 35 yrs old.
House was the wrong person to be matched up on Diggs in that grouping, he should have been on someone else (Treadwell?)

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #142 on: September 19, 2018, 01:22:08 PM »
As suspected...............Packers have released CB (WR?).........not sure which one he is?.............Deante Burton to make room on the roster for Aaron Jones.

Nice knowing you DB.............whatever you were?  confused(

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #143 on: September 19, 2018, 01:24:16 PM »
Ryan Wood

Verified account

@ByRyanWood
More
With his two-game suspension served, #Packers officially placed RB Aaron Jones on their active roster. They released CB Deante Burton to make room for Jones. GB had claimed Burton off waivers from Atlanta last week.

Packers go with 'last in, first out'. They probably would like to keep Burton on the PS if he clears waivers.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #144 on: September 24, 2018, 10:21:34 AM »
With the injuries from yesterday I am expecting the Packers to make a few roster ajustments today or tomorrow. Wilkerson is probably headed to IR. Will the Packers add Looney from the PS or sign Mbu back or will it be a different street free agent? With some of the OL dinged up I'm expecting Pankey to be promoted from the PS sometime this week also. With the injuries, the Packers probably no longer have the luxury of keeping 4 RB's on the 53 and Jackson is more than likely in danger of losing his spot. If Pankey is promoted, look for Gerhard de Beer to be added to the PS.

Offline packlaw

• Second String
« Reply #145 on: September 25, 2018, 02:50:37 PM »
24/7 reports heading to IR and packers met with two safeties and added a guard to the practice squad replacing a guard.

Offline gbnd4life

• Starter
« Reply #146 on: September 25, 2018, 03:33:39 PM »
Packers just signe Braashad Breeland as they put D.House on IR!! Yesss!!!

Offline mancl

• HOF Member
« Reply #147 on: September 25, 2018, 05:20:07 PM »
They made this move as well if you are keeping track of the practice squad.https://www.packers.com/news/packers-sign-g-anthony-coyle-to-practice-squad

One of the players they had in for try outs was Quinton Dial- remember him from last year,  He offers zero pass rush but might be a decent run stuffer to add to the rotation.

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #148 on: September 25, 2018, 07:59:58 PM »
The Packers have an obvious need at safety, since its becoming increasingly apparent that the only thing Kentrell Brice can do is hit. Other than that, he is not ready for prime time. So, how about signing a very good free agent safety that would be an instant starter? Eric Reid. I know, it won't happen. But the guy could go a long way toward consolidating an area of need for the Packers.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #149 on: September 25, 2018, 11:17:31 PM »
The Packers have an obvious need at safety, since its becoming increasingly apparent that the only thing Kentrell Brice can do is hit. Other than that, he is not ready for prime time. So, how about signing a very good free agent safety that would be an instant starter? Eric Reid. I know, it won't happen. But the guy could go a long way toward consolidating an area of need for the Packers.

I miss Chris Banjo
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."