December 13, 2018, 10:45:46 AM

Author Topic: Packers transactions  (Read 21118 times)

Offline RT

• HOF Member
Re: Packers transactions
« Reply #165 on: September 29, 2018, 11:56:43 AM »
Deon Simon - DL 6'4" 332, the player the Packers signed to the PS is a somewhat interesting prospect.

Simon was drafted by the New York Jets in the seventh round (223rd overall) of the 2015.

Simon was released on September 30, 2015. The Jets re-signed Simon to the practice squad on October 1, 2015.

After a solid training camp and preseason, Simon made the 53-man roster for the 2016 season. He appeared in all 16 games of 2016, finishing with 23 tackles and 1.5 sacks.

On September 2, 2017, Simon was waived by the Jets and was signed to the practice squad the next day.[4][5] He was promoted to the active roster on December 27, 2017.

On September 1, 2018, Simon was waived by the Jets.

Offline B

• HOF Member
« Reply #166 on: October 01, 2018, 05:56:37 AM »
Good catch RT. I agree this BIG kid has got some upside. And add some nice depth, filling in for Wilkerson's season-ending injury
The Green Bay Packers never lost a football game.
They just ran out of time.
-Vince Lombardi

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #167 on: October 02, 2018, 06:57:22 PM »
Dolphins Waived Former 2nd-Rd DT Jordan Phillips. Packers DL coach Jerry Montgomery coached him in college at Oklahoma, he may be a potential replacement for Wilkerson. Interesting to see if the Packers put a claim in for him.

Offline Donzo

• HOF Member
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #168 on: October 03, 2018, 05:36:03 AM »
Nice info, RT... I like the connection with Montgomery. I hope the Packers get him- he's mammouth!

I think he's an excellent fit, especially as the 5th D-lineman (DL). Actually, once he's up to speed, he'd probably have a good shot at getting Adams' snaps as the 4th DL.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #169 on: October 03, 2018, 03:44:02 PM »
Bills are awarded Jordan Phillips off the waiver claim process.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #170 on: October 04, 2018, 07:39:26 PM »
The Green Bay Packers signed WR DeAngelo Yancey to the practice squad and released LB Greer Martini from the practice squad.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #171 on: October 05, 2018, 10:05:04 AM »
Tarell Basham waived from the Indianapolis Colts roster.

The 6-4, 266-pounder was a third-round pick in 2017 (80th overall) has the type of size that Petine prefers for his defense. Is this a player the Packers may drop a claim for?

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #172 on: October 05, 2018, 01:50:36 PM »
Tarell Basham waived from the Indianapolis Colts roster.

The 6-4, 266-pounder was a third-round pick in 2017 (80th overall) has the type of size that Petine prefers for his defense. Is this a player the Packers may drop a claim for?

Jets Claim DE Tarell Basham Off Waivers From Colts. So much for that idea. The Packers are just too far down the waiver wire to snag some of these guys.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #173 on: October 06, 2018, 01:15:07 PM »
The Green Bay Packers signed DL Tyler Lancaster to the active roster from the practice squad and released RB Darius Jackson.

The Cowboys have an empty roster spot after placing 2 players on IR, interesting to see if they claim Jackson back. If not he very well could endup on the Packers PS.

Online craig

• HOF Member
« Reply #174 on: October 06, 2018, 07:25:11 PM »
Think Lancaster was a guy you had mentioned as a guy you were interested in very early on, RT.  I agreed then, and am somewhat interested now.  Probably a step slow to ever quite make it, but has a shot to be strong and smart as a run defender?

Offline Donzo

• HOF Member
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #175 on: October 07, 2018, 04:38:54 AM »
Probably a step slow to ever quite make it.

Really, why do you say that, Craig?... You know he's a NT/DT, he's not a DE.

Everything I've read on him said he's a good athlete, and from the little I saw in preseason, I didn't see anything to discredit that.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 04:47:20 AM by Donzo »

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #176 on: October 07, 2018, 06:16:10 AM »
Think Lancaster was a guy you had mentioned as a guy you were interested in very early on, RT.  I agreed then, and am somewhat interested now.  Probably a step slow to ever quite make it, but has a shot to be strong and smart as a run defender?

He arrived on day one as a NFL ready run stopper. His tape against the Badgers last year is very impressive, he was an immovable force in the trenches the whole game against what most believe is high end draft talent on the Wisconsin OL. He was that way for most of 3 years at Northwestern, an elite runstuffer who offered very little pass rush. Expect to see the Packers use him as a zero-technique tackle 5-10 times today in shorter yardage situations. He can handle his job against the run.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #177 on: October 07, 2018, 09:23:15 AM »

He arrived on day one as a NFL ready run stopper. His tape against the Badgers last year is very impressive, he was an immovable force in the trenches the whole game against what most believe is high end draft talent on the Wisconsin OL. He was that way for most of 3 years at Northwestern, an elite runstuffer who offered very little pass rush. Expect to see the Packers use him as a zero-technique tackle 5-10 times today in shorter yardage situations. He can handle his job against the run.

Lancaster can play the run just fine. He won't be an embarassment.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #178 on: October 09, 2018, 02:14:00 PM »
The Green Bay Packers signed RB Tra Carson and WR Keon Hatcher to the practice squad and released RB Joel Bouagnon from the practice squad.

A little surprised that it wasn't RB Darius Jackson signed to the practice squad.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #179 on: October 16, 2018, 01:50:40 PM »
Rob Demovsky

Verified account

@RobDemovsky
Follow Follow @RobDemovsky
More
The Packers have released WR DeAngelo Yancey from the practice squad. He was signed two weeks ago when injuries hit Randall Cobb and Geronimo Allison but was never needed thanks in part to the three draft picks who have contributed.

With all the WR's returning after the bye this move was very logical.