October 15, 2019, 04:24:44 PM

Author Topic: Packers transactions  (Read 42771 times)

Offline RT

• HOF Member
Re: Packers transactions
« Reply #180 on: October 22, 2018, 10:20:41 AM »
The Green Bay Packers signed FB Danny Vitale to the practice squad.

Vitale, a 6-foot, 239-pound third-year player, was originally selected by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the sixth round (No. 197 overall) of the 2016 NFL Draft out of Northwestern. As a rookie, he spent some time on the Buccaneers’ practice squad before being signed by the Cleveland Browns. In 2016-17, Vitale played in 24 games with nine starts for the Browns, recording seven receptions for 46 yards and 13 tackles on special teams. He was waived/injured on Sept. 1 and released on Oct. 12. Vitale will wear No. 45 for the Packers.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #181 on: October 29, 2018, 10:00:19 AM »
Rumor has it that the Packers are cutting Montgomery and signing Collin Kaepernick to replace him on kickoff returns, they are sure Kaepernick will take a knee.  ;D

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #182 on: October 29, 2018, 10:13:42 AM »
Rumor has it that the Packers are cutting Montgomery and signing Collin Kaepernick to replace him on kickoff returns, they are sure Kaepernick will take a knee.  ;D

clap) clap) clap) hysterical clap) clap) clap)

Thanks. I needed that.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline phanatic1

• All Pro
« Reply #183 on: October 29, 2018, 10:14:26 AM »
That is funny RT!!  Let me ask - what are the chances of Montgomery actually being cut??  With the quotes coming out from an un-named Packer player from the locker room yesterday regarding Montgomery - does MM and Gute hear that and take action - or does the business as usual approach continue??  These quotes are coming from one player, but all of us know that others were thinking it and just didn't say it. 

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #184 on: October 29, 2018, 10:24:42 AM »
That is funny RT!!  Let me ask - what are the chances of Montgomery actually being cut??  With the quotes coming out from an un-named Packer player from the locker room yesterday regarding Montgomery - does MM and Gute hear that and take action - or does the business as usual approach continue??  These quotes are coming from one player, but all of us know that others were thinking it and just didn't say it.

I do think this is an interesting situation. Most of the time when fans have the rush to judgement to cut players it just fans overreacting. But if Montgomery truly was told to take a knee and went rogue on the play, costing the team at the chance to win the game, I don't know how you keep him in the locker and still hold other players accountable. Can Montgomery address the team and beg forgiveness? Maybe that flys. If anything is going to happen it will happen today or tomorrow.   

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #185 on: October 29, 2018, 03:34:48 PM »
Kind of expecting to hear that Trevor Davis is set to return from the IR tomorrow. Time to remove Montgomery and Williams as the returners.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #186 on: October 30, 2018, 04:23:30 PM »
 TE Ethan Wolf signed to practice squad; FB Joe Kerridge released from practice squad.

Will be interesting to see who fills the two empty roster spots this week.

Offline Donzo

• HOF Member
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #187 on: October 31, 2018, 07:11:54 AM »

Yes!

Need another RB or maybe even a FB- I wouldn't mind bringing back Rip... The other spot is open, though. Plenty of healthy DB's on the roster to take Ha Ha's spot.

I'd like to see another OLB... Packers have been fortunate to get away with just the four they currently have on the roster.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #188 on: October 31, 2018, 07:46:15 AM »

Yes!

Need another RB or maybe even a FB- I wouldn't mind bringing back Rip... The other spot is open, though. Plenty of healthy DB's on the roster to take Ha Ha's spot.

I'd like to see another OLB... Packers have been fortunate to get away with just the four they currently have on the roster.

Interesting thoughts on Rip, I was just thinking that ship had sailed. Personally I will be surprised if one of the spots is not filled by Trevor Davis. IMHO

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #189 on: October 31, 2018, 10:23:51 AM »
The Green Bay Packers signed RB Tra Carson to the active roster from the practice squad and signed RB Lavon Coleman to the practice squad.

Carson replaces Montgomery as the 3rd RB on the 53 man roster. The roster at this moment stands one short, currently at 52. Trevor Davis next?

Offline Donzo

• HOF Member
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #190 on: October 31, 2018, 10:34:58 AM »

clap)

hysterical

Offline Donzo

• HOF Member
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #191 on: October 31, 2018, 01:22:38 PM »
The roster at this moment stands one short, currently at 52. Trevor Davis next?

When is Davis eligible- next week?... That would be the returner and it would be nice to add another 4.4 guy at WR.

At OLB, I talked to someone that seems to get things right a lot about the Packers... He told me Donnerson is doing well on the PS and the Packers are looking to activate him in December for the last five games. With five games, he wouldn't occur a year of service time and still be under the Packer control for four more seasons.

We'll see if that happens or not, but I love that line of thinking... It's a very Moneyball/analytics process- outstanding!

Online craig

• HOF Member
« Reply #192 on: October 31, 2018, 08:19:38 PM »
The Green Bay Packers signed RB Tra Carson to the active roster from the practice squad and signed RB Lavon Coleman to the practice squad.

Carson replaces Montgomery as the 3rd RB on the 53 man roster. The roster at this moment stands one short, currently at 52. Trevor Davis next?

Carson is 26.  Not a young prospect or anything.  So as an older guy, he provides a more elderly presence to work with the younger backs, who are both 3 years younger.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #193 on: November 01, 2018, 01:03:36 PM »

Field Yates

@FieldYates
 New Giants G Jamon Brown was a popular target in the NFL's waiver system, as the Bears, Packers, Ravens and Titans all put in a claim for him, per source. The Giants had top priority.

Now we know why the Packers kept an open roster spot yesterday, traded 2 on tuesday and only added one yesterday.

Offline B

• HOF Member
« Reply #194 on: November 01, 2018, 01:51:54 PM »

Field Yates

@FieldYates
 New Giants G Jamon Brown was a popular target in the NFL's waiver system, as the Bears, Packers, Ravens and Titans all put in a claim for him, per source. The Giants had top priority.

Now we know why the Packers kept an open roster spot yesterday, traded 2 on tuesday and only added one yesterday.

exactly RT. Thanks for sharing.
The Green Bay Packers never lost a football game.
They just ran out of time.
-Vince Lombardi