November 21, 2019, 12:49:06 AM

Author Topic: Packers transactions  (Read 45356 times)

Offline RT

• HOF Member
Re: Packers transactions
« Reply #435 on: October 02, 2019, 01:48:02 PM »
Packers have added OLB Tim Williams, who was released by the Ravens

The third year player from Alabama was a 3rd round pick by BALT in 2017.

No word yet on who the released to make room for Williams

Thanks danno, sorry that posted the same info.

Very interesting pickup. Fackrell was out of practice today with an injury, wonder if this move is related.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #436 on: October 02, 2019, 02:28:56 PM »
Evan Baylis was the player released to make room for Williams on the 53 man roster.

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #437 on: October 02, 2019, 07:50:17 PM »
Evan Baylis was the player released to make room for Williams on the 53 man roster.

The TE? Man I wanted to see him get some time.
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."

Offline Hands

• HOF Member
    • Uncover
« Reply #438 on: October 03, 2019, 06:21:56 AM »
I hope Baylis makes it to the PS. I personally think Williams is a piece of dog doo, but he can rush the passer and was a good college player. He's just without high moral character.
In the land of the blind.....the one eye man is king!

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #439 on: October 05, 2019, 02:08:58 PM »
The Packers have promoted RB Tra Carson to the active roster and waived DE Fadol Brown.

I was expecting Carson to be signed from the PS to take some of Williams snaps.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #440 on: October 14, 2019, 02:20:34 PM »
Packers bring TE Evan Baylis back up from PS...……..again.

To make room they release CB Tremon Smith.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #441 on: October 15, 2019, 03:19:12 PM »
These are not Packers transactions, but there were a few interesting ones today.

The Bears signed Fadol Brown to their PS. I do not have any information, but guessing that Brown is a bit of a screwup because of the way he has been released by teams the past two seasons and the releasing team doesn't want to sign him back to the PS. Talented player with a ten cent head?

Speaking of ten heads, Marcus Peters was traded to the Ravens for a 5th round pick. Ohh how the mighty have fallen.

The Raiders signed former Packer Kendall Donnerson to their PS.

Offline OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #442 on: October 15, 2019, 05:20:00 PM »
These are not Packers transactions, but there were a few interesting ones today.

The Bears signed Fadol Brown to their PS. I do not have any information, but guessing that Brown is a bit of a screwup because of the way he has been released by teams the past two seasons and the releasing team doesn't want to sign him back to the PS. Talented player with a ten cent head?

Speaking of ten heads, Marcus Peters was traded to the Ravens for a 5th round pick. Ohh how the mighty have fallen.

The Raiders signed former Packer Kendall Donnerson to their PS.

I was a huge Donnerson fan. I hope he finds a place in the Raiders. He'll have a face he knows there, since Trevor Davis is with them now and doing ok.
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #443 on: October 16, 2019, 02:14:23 PM »
The Packers have signed veteran WR Ryan Grant and waived RB Tra Carson. Fairly good WR to pickup at this time of year.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #444 on: October 16, 2019, 02:35:54 PM »
The Packers also signed RB Damarea Crockett and DB Tremon Smith to the PS and released TE Ethan Wolf from the PS. 

Smith was released on Monday by the Packers to make room on the 53 for TE Evan Baylis. Crockett is a rookie UDFA that the Packers show a lot of interest in before the draft and the Packers tried to sign him after he went undrafted, but the Texans gave him a 45K signing bonus and the Packers missed out at that time on him.

Interesting that they signed Crockett and released Carson the same day, I was thinking Carson was good insurance to have on the PS.

The Packers also designated Sternberger for return from the IR.

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #445 on: October 16, 2019, 04:51:13 PM »
The Packers also signed RB Damarea Crockett and DB Tremon Smith to the PS and released TE Ethan Wolf from the PS. 

Smith was released on Monday by the Packers to make room on the 53 for TE Evan Baylis. Crockett is a rookie UDFA that the Packers show a lot of interest in before the draft and the Packers tried to sign him after he went undrafted, but the Texans gave him a 45K signing bonus and the Packers missed out at that time on him.

Interesting that they signed Crockett and released Carson the same day, I was thinking Carson was good insurance to have on the PS.

The Packers also designated Sternberger for return from the IR.

It would be nice to see what Sternberger could do with some playing time. Some on here have been writing about drafting a TE. But until the team gets to evaluate Sternberger in actual games, that seems a bit premature. Unless a stud falls to their slot.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #446 on: October 16, 2019, 06:08:17 PM »
Matt LaFleur said Ibraheim Campbell will practice this week. They could use the help at safety.

Online Bignutz

• HOF Member
« Reply #447 on: October 17, 2019, 05:34:10 AM »
The Packers have signed veteran WR Ryan Grant and waived RB Tra Carson. Fairly good WR to pickup at this time of year.

Wasn’t Ryan Grant on the team the last time we won a Super Bowl? confused(
And God so loved the Green Bay Packers, He reached forth his mighty hand and stamped his initial upon the sides of their helmets!--Lombardi 3-16

Online craig

• HOF Member
« Reply #448 on: October 17, 2019, 05:44:32 AM »
Wasn’t Ryan Grant on the team the last time we won a Super Bowl? confused(

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Online craig

• HOF Member
« Reply #449 on: October 17, 2019, 06:05:08 AM »
It would be nice to see what Sternberger could do with some playing time. Some on here have been writing about drafting a TE. But until the team gets to evaluate Sternberger in actual games, that seems a bit premature. Unless a stud falls to their slot.

I doubt he'll actually get many if any snaps or targets in real games this season.  Post-season decision-making will not be significantly informed by his on-field play.  Think this is mostly about affording him some chance to practice rather than about helping them to win games this year, although they probably won't have more than 1-3 padded practices left, under CBA. 

Even if Jace was to emerge as somewhat useful next year, they'll still be short at TE.  So *IF* they were to use a draft pick on TE, it will certainly not be wasted or blocked.  That group will NOT be overcrowded.