November 19, 2019, 08:16:58 PM

Author Topic: Packers transactions  (Read 45330 times)

Offline mancl

• HOF Member
Re: Packers transactions
« Reply #465 on: November 05, 2019, 03:21:59 PM »
No one is suprised that Campbell is activated - I thought Grant would be the one released as he doesn't have much of a ceiling.   The fact that they released a pass rusher with some talent instead says all you need to know about what they saw in Williams

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #466 on: November 06, 2019, 12:26:18 PM »
Wasn't OLB Greg Roberts on the PUP with Campbell?

I see he's now listed as "Reserve/Physically unable to perform".

1) When was his designation changed?
2) What's his official injury diagnosis?
3) Why not just put him on IR?

I'm rather confused by this.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #467 on: November 06, 2019, 01:00:48 PM »
Wasn't OLB Greg Roberts on the PUP with Campbell?

I see he's now listed as "Reserve/Physically unable to perform".

1) When was his designation changed?
2) What's his official injury diagnosis?
3) Why not just put him on IR?

I'm rather confused by this.

If a player who was on the Active/PUP list during training camp isn’t cleared to play by the end of the preseason, he can be transferred to the Reserve/PUP list, which prevents that player from playing and practicing during the first six weeks of the NFL season. Players are only eligible for the regular-season PUP list if they were on the Active/PUP list all summer and did not play or practice with their team at any point.

By rule, players on Reserve/PUP list are excluded from practicing and playing during the first six weeks of the regular season. After six weeks are in the books, teams have another six week window for that player to begin practicing. If they're unable to practice when this window expires, they remain on the PUP list for the rest of the season. If and when they do practice during that additional six-week window, teams have 21 days to make a decision to either activate them to the 53 man roster or waive them.

I would expect that Greg Roberts will start practicing sometime before week 12......or remain on PUP until seasons end.