December 15, 2018, 02:13:44 AM

Author Topic: Aaron's new contract  (Read 503 times)

Offline marklawrence

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
Aaron's new contract
« on: May 09, 2018, 11:41:40 AM »
Rumor is they're talking $33m / yr.

I predict $100m, 3 year extension, this brings him up to age 40, $100m guaranteed.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 04:30:18 PM by marklawrence »
I'm a Deplorable Freeloader, clinging to my Guns and Bible! And Proud of it!

Offline scoremore

• HOF Member
Re: Aaron's new contract
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 01:36:30 PM »
Saw a deal thought sounded plausible.  5 year deal 32/yr 85 million guaranteed.  You know the guy just missed most of last season.  He has now broken both collarbones.  Still believe the Packers should wait a bit and see how he performs on the field before coughing up the dough.  They really should wait don't think a few months will alter the value of his deal any.

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
Re: Aaron's new contract
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2018, 04:05:48 PM »
Here is an article from another Packers site, including a link to what an agent sees as a plausible contract for AR, and what this would mean for the Packers salary cap both short and long term. Meanwhile, the QB time bombs are ticking in Tennessee, LA and Philly, for three. And those new contracts would probably eclipse Rodgers contract. Would the proposed contract be good? Considering the alternative, I don't see any realistic alternatives. So, here's a link, including an link embedded in the article:

https://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/reviewing-joel-corrys-predicted-extension-for-rodgers-315 
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid