November 14, 2018, 02:29:23 PM

Author Topic: Aaron Jones  (Read 591 times)

Offline marklawrence

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
Aaron Jones
« on: July 03, 2018, 02:52:23 PM »
Suspended for two games for marijuana, caught in a traffic stop.

He'll miss bears and queens.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 02:55:25 PM by marklawrence »
I'm a Deplorable Freeloader, clinging to my Guns and Bible! And Proud of it!

Offline RT

• HOF Member
Re: Aaron Jones
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2018, 03:27:18 PM »
According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, the suspension stems from Jones' arrest last October when he was pulled over and admitted that he had smoked marijuana. Jones later pleaded no contest to a marijuana-related charge.

This may be a blessing in disguise. It will allow the Packers to keep an extra player coming out of training camp and have a quality roster add if someone is injured in the first 2 weeks. They have enough depth to carry the load until his return in week 3.

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2018, 04:40:01 PM »
The NFL's system of "justice" needs an overhaul. Do PED's and you get four games. Or maybe more or less. Sexual misbehavior is an automatic six game suspension- unless its three games. And why should the NFL be punishing a player for doing dope (not PED's) when it is now being more accepted that marijuana has medicinal uses. Was that what Jones was using it for? Almost certainly not. And driving impaired is something that should be taken seriously. But this should be a civil matter, or a team concern, not the NFL's business.

Here's a statement from Jones about the suspension: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/07/03/aaron-jones-takes-responsibility-regrets-mistake-accepts-suspension/
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 05:20:00 PM by ricky »
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2018, 12:39:15 PM »
This article cites the possible problems with Jones gone for the first two games. However, it seems it also opens up a path for Davante Mays to try to get out of the "dog house" with the coaching staff. It would be nice to see him get some carries and show he can actually hold onto the ball for positive yards. This could also cause the Packers to have an overabudance of RB's, an nice problem to have.

https://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/aaron-jones-suspension-puts-slight-cog-in-packers-committee-plans-306
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2018, 12:11:46 AM »
The NFL's system of "justice" needs an overhaul. Do PED's and you get four games. Or maybe more or less. Sexual misbehavior is an automatic six game suspension- unless its three games. And why should the NFL be punishing a player for doing dope (not PED's) when it is now being more accepted that marijuana has medicinal uses. Was that what Jones was using it for? Almost certainly not. And driving impaired is something that should be taken seriously. But this should be a civil matter, or a team concern, not the NFL's business.

Here's a statement from Jones about the suspension: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/07/03/aaron-jones-takes-responsibility-regrets-mistake-accepts-suspension/

The news clip doesnt say guy arrested for marijuana use, or even Aaron Jones arrested for marijuana use. It says NFL player arrested for marijuana use or Green Bay Packer arrested for marijuana use. When breaking a law as part of a high profile organization, you cast that light on the organization as well as yourself. The NFL has every right to punish accordingly.
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."