December 14, 2018, 09:07:58 AM

Author Topic: Rodgers the least intercepted QB in NFL history  (Read 502 times)

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
Rodgers the least intercepted QB in NFL history
« on: July 07, 2018, 06:56:49 PM »
How amazing is this guy? The twenty three teams that chose someone else are still thinking "If only..."

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/07/07/aaron-rodgers-avoidance-of-interceptions-is-incredible/
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline Hands

• HOF Member
    • Uncover
Re: Rodgers the least intercepted QB in NFL history
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2018, 07:35:49 AM »
No kidding....what were they thinking. I remember Gibbs trading up and taking the Auburn QB leaving Rodgers for the Packers. Heck, Gibbs is in the HOF...what was he thinking?
In the land of the blind.....the one eye man is king!

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2018, 07:49:02 AM »
No kidding....what were they thinking. I remember Gibbs trading up and taking the Auburn QB leaving Rodgers for the Packers. Heck, Gibbs is in the HOF...what was he thinking?

Minor detail here, but Gibbs traded back into the 1st round to take Campbell after Rodgers had already been selected.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 01:29:11 PM »
So much of scouting and player evaluation revolves around the dreaded "measurable's" and technique/footwork/and such......................but they just don't have any way of looking inside a player to see who has that "eye of the tiger" will-to-win inside them them.

NFL history is rife with players who got way-way underdrafted because they can't accurately assess that singular quality in a player.

Offline OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2018, 02:37:37 PM »
So much of scouting and player evaluation revolves around the dreaded "measurable's" and technique/footwork/and such......................but they just don't have any way of looking inside a player to see who has that "eye of the tiger" will-to-win inside them them.

NFL history is rife with players who got way-way underdrafted because they can't accurately assess that singular quality in a player.
thumbsup) thumbsup) thumbsup)
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Offline Gregg

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2018, 10:39:00 PM »
We have talked about this many times here.  And I have studied it a lot.

The main problem with all those teams blowing it was the fact that the gap now between when the bowl season ends and the draft begins is simply too long.  It leads to over analysis.

AR had one of the best personal workouts of any QB in history.  But somehow the word got out that Smith was the guy who could extend plays better.

That was just pure hokum.  Because Smith played in a more college option offense then he had more chances to run.  AR played in a more pro type offense so he was in the pocket more.

Plus AR had a good all around workout at the combine also.  So I thought that would negate that, but it did not.

As a bottom line, I can only quote what Tedford said when he visited Butte and the coach the film up for Garrett Cross, who he was there to scout, not AR.  He watched two plays and said, "That is the best quarterback I've ever seen.  He will play in the NFL one day."

That was a first reaction. In this case, it was correct.