November 23, 2020, 11:36:28 AM

Author Topic: 68md Mock Draft 3.0  (Read 2679 times)

68MD

68md Mock Draft 3.0
« on: January 26, 2013, 07:09:56 AM »
Version 3 of my mock draft and we add a 4th round comp pick for Matt Flynn.

Round 1 : Barrett Jones, G/C/OT, Alabama 6'4 305

Still not changing this pick yet :
Versatile as the day as long, Jones best position is Center where he should be all world, however, he can play all five positions.  Keeping #12 healthy is priority #1

Alt Pick : Jonathan Cooper, G/C, North Carolina 6'3  310  He can play all 3 inside positions and like Jones is very  versatile.

Round 2  ~ Christine Michael, RB, Texas A&M 5'10 221  4.49 40  Green bay will address the RB position and multiple reports have TT interested in Michael.... too good to leave on the board.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCVqxFeWFoU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCVqxFeWFoU</a>

Round 3 ~ Quinton Patton WR Louisiana Tech  6'2" 195 lbs. 4.58/40  With his draft stock rising and DD gone they pull the trigger. Fast, electric and a play maker. Patton is a community college transfer who has put up big time numbers at Louisiana Tech... 104 receptions for 1,392 yards and 13 touchdowns his SR year and 79 receptions for 1,202 yards and 11 touchdowns his jr year. The Next Greg Jennings

* Packers trade their first 4 and a six and move up in round 4 *

Round 4 A ~  Sean Porter, OLB, Texas A&M

http://media3.texags.com/0001076-mxxa-320x180.jpg

Porter is a seek-and-destroy defender who flies around the field chasing down ball-carriers. His biggest strength is his ability to rush the quarterback off the edge. Porter plays well in space and is not a liability dropping into pass coverage, although he is a much bigger difference-maker rushing the quarterback.

In his Junior year he had 79 tackles with 17 tackles for a loss, 9.5 sacks and one forced fumble playing a 3-4 rush scheme.

This year A&M switched to a 4-3 and Porter played OLB and he recorded 60 tackles, 5.5 tackles for a loss, 2.5 sacks, four passes broken up and an interception.

Bottom line an upgrade at OLB  opposite Claymaker

Round 4B ~
Brandon Williams DE/DT 6'2" 328 lbs Missouri Southern

Williams is both a pass rusher and space eater and gives us flexibility to use him in both base and Nickel. He can play both LDE and RDE and really could be a big time steal. has TT  written all over him.

Round 5 ~ Gavin Escobar, TE, San Diego State 6'5 255

Good size and can be used as a receiver and blocker. Needs a year but can be a solid complete NFL TE

Round 7 ~ D.J. Swearinger, S, South Carolina  6'0 210 

Sleeper prospect who had 70 tackles 2 INT and 5 break ups his SR year.  He will come up and stick the AP of the league.

ALT Pick Dustin Hopkins, K, Florida State  If he's still on the board TT has to think about bringing him in. Had a great week of senior bowl practice.

Summary ~ I did not include a true LT in this draft because they could keep Barclay at RT and move Bulaga to LT.

I also think we have enough coming back at ILB and corner that unless a real stud falls they won't touch it via draft.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 07:11:00 AM by 68MD »

Offline GBP4EVER

• HOF Member
Re: 68md Mock Draft 3.0
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 07:16:33 AM »
I would not touch Michael before the 4th or 5th round. Injury risk and not worth a second round pick IMO. Would rather take the Bama RB in the second before Michaels

68MD

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 07:31:25 AM »
I would not touch Michael before the 4th or 5th round. Injury risk and not worth a second round pick IMO. Would rather take the Bama RB in the second before Michaels
True but T has a you know what for him and they are said to be high on him staff wise...so I moved him over Lacy who by the way is projected to be gone by our pick.

Remember it's who is left when we pick .

Offline Bud

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 11:50:52 AM »
The Sean Porter pick is intriguing. I'm going to have to read up on him. Seek and Destroy type of OLB? Sweet. He definitely would be a nice bookend to CM3.
“Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.” ~ Dan Gable

Offline mancl

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 01:05:14 PM »
I like some of the players you have mentioned but have different ratings assigned to them.

Michael has improved his stock after the Shrine game but I don't think anyone else has him in the 2nd round.   He might be worth a shot in the mid rounds however.

After a good performance this week Patton won't last past the mid second from what I have read.

I like Williams the NT but it might be optimist to think he will still be in the 4th,

Offline vegas492

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 07:04:47 AM »
Love the picks.  Maybe flip rounds for Michael and Patton.

Offline DenverPackFan

• Starter
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2013, 07:10:30 AM »
I like the picks, but after the Senior Bowl, I think Williams will be gone by the late 4th round.  Also, I think Swearinger is a 3rd/4th round guy.  I could see him sliding to the 5th because of the depth of the position in this draft, but hard to see him in the 7th at this point.