October 15, 2018, 08:26:45 AM

Author Topic: WR Michael Clark Retiring?  (Read 607 times)

Offline The GM

• HOF Member
WR Michael Clark Retiring?
« on: July 25, 2018, 02:35:13 PM »
Aaron Nagler

@AaronNagler

51s

Confirming @RapSheet's report that Packers WR Michael Clark is being placed on the reserve/did not report list. I'm told he is retiring.

He was a project, but I didnt see that coming.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 02:42:11 PM by The GM »

Offline Hands

• HOF Member
    • Uncover
Re: WR Michael Clark Retiring?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 02:51:12 PM »
This sounds crazy!!!!!
In the land of the blind.....the one eye man is king!

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2018, 03:31:59 PM »
I'm curious what he got for a degree in college. If he's retiring, it could be because he wants to pursue a career in something other than football. If anyone can find his degree, great. I've tried several searches and found nothing.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2018, 04:22:10 PM »
I read somewhere he was pretty low in the depth chart during the OTAs.  Probably figured with all these new guys they drafted and brought in, he saw the writing on the wall?  Thats just a guess?, it could be any number of things.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2018, 04:27:31 PM »
I'm curious what he got for a degree in college. If he's retiring, it could be because he wants to pursue a career in something other than football. If anyone can find his degree, great. I've tried several searches and found nothing.

Majored in Management Information Systems at Marshall. Degree currently incomplete.

Most likely saw the writing on the wall after the Packers drafted 3 like body types in this years draft and felt he had little chance of making the roster. Wonder if he is totally done with football or just done with the Packers. With all the ex Packer front office in Cleveland, is a trade for a conditional pick an option?

Interesting the number of players retiring and not wanting to compete for jobs. A person with that little of fight in him is not someone a team would want on the 53 man roster anyways. Good that they are not taking valuable reps from players who are driven to compete during training camp.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2018, 05:22:19 PM »
Draft pick Cole Madison is also on the reserve/did not report list. As a draft pick this year I find this a troubling trend since UDFA DL (Mokofisi) did the same.

https://www.wearegreenbay.com/green-bay-packers/packers-place-wr-michael-clark-and-ol-cole-madison-on-reservedid-not-report-list/1323902908

Plus, I now read that Nick Perry is likely starting the season on the PUP with Bulaga.

https://247sports.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/Article/Packers-training-camp-Bryan-Bulaga-Nick-Perry-to-be-placed-on-PUP-list-120087281/

Just gets better and better......................NOT!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 05:23:17 PM by dannobanano »

Online TAYLORBOY

• All Pro
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2018, 09:23:44 PM »
Perry is on PUP for TC/preseason...….starts over for Season

Offline craig

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2018, 09:57:35 PM »
Draft pick Cole Madison is also on the reserve/did not report list. As a draft pick this year I find this a troubling trend since UDFA DL (Mokofisi) did the same.

https://www.wearegreenbay.com/green-bay-packers/packers-place-wr-michael-clark-and-ol-cole-madison-on-reservedid-not-report-list/1323902908....

Surprised with Clark, given how much enthusiasm there was about him by some posters (golfman really liked him, I think....) last camp.  And also how young he is, he's still 22, not like these 25-year-old "young" prospects like Biegel and Gilbert. 

Madison, article alludes to a "personal matter".  Who knows, I'm thinking those often tend to fall under birth-of-baby, court cases, or funerals.  With 90 guys, each with 4 or more grandparents, it's hardly improbable on any given day that one of them has a failing grandparent. 

HOpefully he'll be able to show up in time to develop and show a lot of promise.  Given how little MM has his guys practice hard in pads, those opportunities tick off pretty fast. 

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2018, 12:40:32 PM »
McCarthy addressed both Madison and Clark today. The former is "personal" and he didn't feel it necessary to elaborate. Clark simply has quit football. I wish both young men the best. Football is not for everyone. It takes a certain, demented mindset to put up with all that abuse.

https://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/mike-mccarthy-explains-michael-clarks-retirement-cole-madisons-absence-400
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid