November 19, 2018, 09:25:08 PM

Author Topic: Packers - Chiefs  (Read 784 times)

Offline RT

• HOF Member
Packers - Chiefs
« on: August 28, 2018, 05:41:14 AM »
Well it has wound down to the final preseason game, a trip to Kansas City to see Mark and the Chiefs before Gute and the crew will be forced to make some difficult decisions. Andy Reid has already stated that most of his starters will not play, so this game will be a battle of players battling to make a roster somewhere.

All-time, Preseason: 8-8-1
All-time, Regular season: 3-7-1
All-time, Postseason: 1-0

Many of the bubble battles remain the same, I don't believe that many players that are on the fence had overwhelming outings last week. Their is still a chance for some, but the time is now or never. Who steps up? Who would you like to see step up? A better showing by the OL as a unit would be nice, that would allow everyone else on the offensive unit a chance to be productive.

Be injury free, be productive in all 3 phases, get the win and get home and start working on the Bears!

Go Pack Go! 

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
Re: Packers - Chiefs
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2018, 07:57:36 PM »
Well it has wound down to the final preseason game, a trip to Kansas City to see Mark and the Chiefs before Gute and the crew will be forced to make some difficult decisions. Andy Reid has already stated that most of his starters will not play, so this game will be a battle of players battling to make a roster somewhere.

All-time, Preseason: 8-8-1
All-time, Regular season: 3-7-1
All-time, Postseason: 1-0

Many of the bubble battles remain the same, I don't believe that many players that are on the fence had overwhelming outings last week. Their is still a chance for some, but the time is now or never. Who steps up? Who would you like to see step up? A better showing by the OL as a unit would be nice, that would allow everyone else on the offensive unit a chance to be productive.

Be injury free, be productive in all 3 phases, get the win and get home and start working on the Bears!

Go Pack Go!

Looking at MVS, St. Brown, Josh Jackson and Josh Jones, Alexander, and the MLB's.
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."

Online marklawrence

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2018, 07:31:45 AM »
Andy and McCarthy have both announced that starters will sit. Don't expect much, and don't get all worked up about how backups do against 3rds and 4ths.
I'm a Deplorable Freeloader, clinging to my Guns and Bible! And Proud of it!

Offline OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2018, 10:47:34 AM »
I want to see lots how these guys do:

QB Kizer and Boyle, 60/40 is fine.

OL Spriggs, Pankey, Patrick, Day, and the one we hear nothing about, Amichia.

TEs Tonyan and Byrd (I'm not very interested in Kendricks as, imo, a developmental guy is needed).

All the young WRs, but I think Davis, although he'll get his returner reps, is too limited compared with the other receivers he might push off the roster. if the Pack keep Davis and keep six (as they often do), then two of these four, Moore, ESB, MVS, Kumerow would be waived.

DL M.Adams, Mbu and Looney

OLB Donnerson, Biegel and Fackrell.

ILB Thomas and Morrison. Martini looks the odd man out, but gets a last chance to shine.

If the Packers keep House and have 6CBs, then most likely Waters, Rollins and Hawkins fight for the last spot, so the final preseason game is important for all of them.

Last Chance Saloon - nail down the tables and plastic glasses only !

(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2018, 11:45:18 AM »
Did the stakes for this game just go up? Or is this just rhetoric? Gutekunst doesn't seem like he'd hesistate to bring in someone else if AR went down and Kizer didn't play any better than Hundley last year. Or is that an overreaction?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/30/brian-gutekunst-thursday-night-a-critical-step-for-deshone-kizer/
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2018, 02:12:21 PM »
Did the stakes for this game just go up? Or is this just rhetoric? Gutekunst doesn't seem like he'd hesistate to bring in someone else if AR went down and Kizer didn't play any better than Hundley last year. Or is that an overreaction?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/30/brian-gutekunst-thursday-night-a-critical-step-for-deshone-kizer/

I think this is a reaction to the Hundley fiasco last year.  3 years of training and thats what we got?  I dont see that happening with Gute.  I think reasonable progression will be expected throughout the roster.  I think he'll be more aggressive in the churning of the roster than TT was.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 03:12:29 PM by The GM »

Online marklawrence

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2018, 03:06:16 PM »
Exactly. Three years in our system and he can't throw a single TD in his home stadium. That's completely unacceptable.

Offline ThatGuy284

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2018, 03:19:16 PM »
It is unacceptable.  However, he also threw 7 TD’s on the road against CHI, PIT and CLE while compiling passer ratings of 110, 134 and 111 which is acceptable

Online marklawrence

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2018, 07:20:26 PM »
I don't know what the 4th preseason game means, but Boyle looks very solid. Good arm, good pocket presence.

Online marklawrence

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2018, 07:51:47 PM »
Boyle threw a bad pass for him int.

We have no pass rush in this game. If you're thinking we have a secret de prospect, well, it's pretty secret.

Online marklawrence

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2018, 08:34:50 PM »
Boyle has poor accuracy. He's not our backup this year.

Offline packdaddy

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2018, 08:46:20 PM »

You're right about that, but his arm is lively enough and his presence solid enough to be worth our time to develop. The question is did he look "bad" enough tonight to clear waivers and make the PS.

Offline OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2018, 03:36:05 AM »

You're right about that, but his arm is lively enough and his presence solid enough to be worth our time to develop. The question is did he look "bad" enough tonight to clear waivers and make the PS.

Exactly............
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"