December 16, 2018, 12:05:45 AM

Author Topic: What's with Cole Madison?  (Read 1530 times)

Offline WTX_Cheese

• All Pro

Offline B

• HOF Member
Re: What's with Cole Madison?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2018, 07:30:52 AM »
A real mystery. I have no idea
The Green Bay Packers never lost a football game.
They just ran out of time.
-Vince Lombardi

Offline davekenya

• All Pro
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2018, 10:38:22 AM »
Conjecture here...but Cole Madison overlapped 3 years at WSU as part of the OL with QB Tyler Hilinski who committed suicide in January by shooting himself. 
Now that it's football season, it's possible this is conjuring up memories.  I do not know this, but it would not be too far-fetched to think he's being affected.

Offline Descartes

• Rookie
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2018, 12:26:13 PM »
A little more info on this.
  • Reports are that Madison and Hilinski were close friends.
  • Hilinski killed himself in January after a bout of depression.
  • In June it was publicly confirmed that Hilinski, 21, had been suffering from CTE.
  • Hilinksi's parents are attributing the CTE, if not the depression and suicide, to damage suffered from playing football.

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-football/news/washington-state-tyler-hilinski-funeral-suicide-qb-luke-falk-to-skip-senior-bowl/tby77nmdp2fe1rveafxciznwp
https://www.cougcenter.com/2018/6/27/17508722/tyler-hilinski-concussions-cte-wsu-cougars-mike-leach
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 12:33:03 PM by Descartes »

Offline The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2018, 01:53:37 PM »
I know some friends of the family, and the people I know have no idea whats going on with him.   He played in the Senior Bowl and went through the combine and was estatic to be drafted.  My GUESS is this is some sort of mental health issue (Depression?  Chemical Dependency?). Otherwise, why not disclose it?  If the Packers have no timeline for him being at camp, it must be somewhat serious.