March 19, 2019, 01:20:49 AM

Author Topic: NFL Combine  (Read 1589 times)

Offline OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
Re: NFL Combine
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2019, 01:23:04 PM »
I'm in agreement there RT.   Would be extremely happy with Thornhill.     

IMO - would be a great offseason if we could add Landon Collins and Thornhill.

I really like Chauncey Gardner-Johnson too -- very different player than Thornhill though

I like Thornhill but like CGJ a little better. I see him as a free safety version of Leroy Butler. Guy who can do everything very well and go to multiple pro bowls.
Two good choices for FS in a year where there aren't so many.
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2019, 01:32:27 PM »
Of all the safeties in the draft and FA, my number one choice of all of them would be Juan Thornhill from Virginia. I can not think of a more perfect Safety for Pettine's defense, other than maybe a young Earl Thomas. It will be interesting to see where his draft shock shakes out after the combine by the talking heads.

Totally agree RT, I had him in my final pre-combine mock.

He'd be a great fit in Pettines defense.

Wait......................is that a typo on his vertical jump? 44"? really?

Holy Schnikies!!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 01:37:01 PM by dannobanano »

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2019, 01:44:18 PM »
Darnell Savage is a bit undersized, but has elite speed and can play the position. Safety looks like a deep position group with some of the bigger physical corners that could be converted. May be some good options in round 4.

Agree, he had a very solid day today. Need to check out some tape on him. His size put me off at first, but there's no denying his athleticism and explosiveness after looking at his numbers.

You go back and look at his numbers and he has been very solid for Maryland for the last 3 years.

http://www.cfbstats.com/2018/player/392/1071286/index.html
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 01:51:14 PM by dannobanano »

Offline SET4YRS

• All Pro
« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2019, 02:53:13 PM »
 Will Harris, Amani Hooker and Marquise Blair are some good later options at safety.

Offline Gregg

• HOF Member
« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2019, 10:07:02 PM »
How the heck does a safety run a 4.29 forty?

That guy could catch Bo Jackson from behind.

And Man Montez Sweat?  Six foot six and runs a 4.41?

It is a really good defensive draft.  I mean really good.  Particularly in the back seven. 

Offline PackerJoe

• All Pro
« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2019, 09:51:22 AM »
RT, I told the board way before the combine to watch out for Boykin.  Great character, humbling, and a nightmare for cornerbacks.  I guess the secrets out of the bag.  He should be available in rds 3-5.  I did notice scouts and coaches from Dallas and Oakland paying alot of attention to him.  43" vertical, 4.42 40, 11'0 long jump.  He was college roommates with one of the ND wr's on roster.