September 25, 2018, 09:24:33 PM

Author Topic: Gute interested in Khalil Mack  (Read 5440 times)

Online ricky

• HOF Member
Re: Gute interested in Khalil Mack
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2018, 08:12:48 PM »
Some former football players and some others discuss the Khalil Mack situation. Worth a view, IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGkaHjvZ5LE
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2018, 08:52:01 PM »
Interesting.  I think you might see a trend where the top D players arent getting top money.  Some of the top players Mack, Aaron Donald, Earl Thomas just arent getting paid.  Arguably, the top(?) DL, LB and DB in football. Could be worth keeping an eye on.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 08:54:52 PM by The GM »

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2018, 01:46:10 PM »
Looks like Donald and the Rams are on the brink of a huge deal.

Online marklawrence

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2018, 01:58:47 PM »
I expect these guys will get massive money.

However, now that the defense is all but completely hamstrung, perhaps we'll start to see a drop off in defensive money.

The ideal defense of 2018 might be five guys who stop the run and six copies of Deion.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 02:02:04 PM by marklawrence »
I'm a Deplorable Freeloader, clinging to my Guns and Bible! And Proud of it!

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2018, 05:10:56 PM »
The longer the wait, the higher the contract will be for Mack. Aaron Donald is supposed to be close to a blockbuster deal, and Odell Beckham is sulpposedly also within sight of the same goal. So, will these be the first guys to get "quarterback money"? What will the guarantees look like- will anyone be above $100 million in guarantees? Not out of the realm of possibility. Could we be seeing the beginning of teams composed of a few really expensive players, a second tier of very well compensated players, and then a bottom group (say 35-40 players) who are making a good living, but will be considered expendables? Or have we already reached that reality?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/26/raiders-not-slamming-door-on-possibility-of-khalil-mack-trade/

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2018, 11:53:21 AM »
Even though a trade is not going to happen with the Packers, the Raiders are giving a master class in how not to handle contract negotiations with a star player. Which can be seen as instructive. The Packers handling of the Rodgers contract was masterful. The Raiders look inept and totally clueless. The Raiders are apparently still seeking two #1's for Mack, which would be within the Packers reach. However, the Rodgers deal precludes them signing Mack, so the deal is all but dead.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/30/on-khalil-mack-do-the-raiders-have-a-plan/

Offline ThatGuy284

• HOF Member
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2018, 02:57:23 PM »
If Chandler Jones was traded for a 2nd round pick and a struggling Jonathan Cooper, I would think the Raiders would be more realistic in their trade demands than two #1’s - especially for a player with significant  contract demands

Don’t see how the Pack affords a massive signing bonus to Rodgers and then gives a massive upfront bonus to Mack as well, but still fun to dream about a player that “only” (according to other sites) had 10.5 sacks but (which no one is mentioning) also managed 78! pressures on the year.

Would love to see the Pack retain at least one 1st rnd pick to use on OL help

Online marklawrence

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2018, 03:04:29 PM »
The raiders are asking for (2) 1st round picks. For a guy who wants QB money before he signs. I might give them a 3rd. Two 1sts is so out of the question, they may as well ask for a straight up trade for Rodgers.
I'm a Deplorable Freeloader, clinging to my Guns and Bible! And Proud of it!

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2018, 04:35:42 PM »
Id also like to see any PED test results before giving up a lot to get him.  I havent heard anything about that with him, and I'm not sure if the Packers could request it from the league pending a trade?   

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2018, 05:36:16 PM »
The raiders are asking for (2) 1st round picks. For a guy who wants QB money before he signs. I might give them a 3rd. Two 1sts is so out of the question, they may as well ask for a straight up trade for Rodgers.

I would have traded Rodgers for Mack straight up in a heartbeat. Richard, that is; not Aaron.  ::)

Offline OnaBadger58

• Starter
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2018, 10:31:41 AM »
Id also like to see any PED test results before giving up a lot to get him.  I havent heard anything about that with him, and I'm not sure if the Packers could request it from the league pending a trade?   

With the money being tossed around, the Packers might as well throw them two firsts because they wouldn't be able to pay them  :D. I still have a feeling Gute has a Wolf/Reggie move coming that puts himself on the map. Could be way off, just a feeling...

Offline ThatGuy284

• HOF Member
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2018, 11:28:44 AM »

Well - the fact that the NFL has never announced any sort of suspension is probably a good sign

Offline whiterook87

• Starter
injuries
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2018, 12:29:08 PM »

Looks like Burks might be out 2-3 weeks.

Ian Rapoport
‏Verified account @RapSheet
18m18 minutes ago

The #Packers already lost Jake Ryan for the season, and now it’s likely that LB Oren Burks (shoulder) will miss the opener, I’m told. Could miss a week or two after that. But not nearly as serious as originally feared.
You are either part of the solution or part of the problem.

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2018, 12:37:58 PM »
The price for Mack has now been tentatively set by the Aaron Donald contract. Sure, the devil's in the details, but Mack is going to probably want to get more than Donald. So, every team is now in an interesting situation. If they can afford to pay Mack, are they willing to also give the Raiders a relative king's ransom in return for his services? What the Raiders need to do is have a sign and trade agreement with another team, so the new team knows exactly what Mack is going to cost, for how long, and how it will affect their cap going forward. This would be rather collusive, but who would complain?

https://www.ibtimes.com/aaron-donalds-contract-gives-life-khalil-mack-trade-rumors-raiders-star-continues-2713167

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2018, 02:38:43 PM »
JMHO..................But if Oakland cuts Shilique Calhoun, I'd put in a waiver claim on him.

He'd be better than anyone not named Matthews/Perry/Gilbert at OLB, and could develop moving forward.

Save the two 1st round picks and a PILE of money and draft OLB and DL (if Wilkerson is gone) in the 1st round next year, and get another OT in the 2nd.