September 25, 2018, 09:27:56 PM

Author Topic: Gute interested in Khalil Mack  (Read 5441 times)

Online marklawrence

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
Re: Gute interested in Khalil Mack
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2018, 02:58:43 PM »
The Raiders can give permission to other teams to talk to Mack, so a contract can be negotiated before the trade is made.

That said, I'm against signing him at anything like his asking price and/or the Raiders asking price.
I'm a Deplorable Freeloader, clinging to my Guns and Bible! And Proud of it!

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2018, 09:40:33 PM »
It was pointed out in the article I linked to that no team has had more than one player making over $100 million. That won't last long. The Rams will have Goff coming off his rookie contract in (I believe) two years. So, will contracts get shorter, or will there be a breaking point, where teams have to choose which of their megastars they keep? Because eventually, something is going to have to give. Could be that at some point, the league will do what hockey did- shut down for a season to break the union. The only problem with that is that the league is making more than enough money to pay the players. So, maybe the owners could take a smaller cut of the pie. A heretical thought, indeed.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Online Gregg

• HOF Member
« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2018, 12:40:20 AM »
It looks like the Raiders may trade him.

I am surprised the Bears are not trying to get him.

But if the Browns get him, teaming him with Garrett will be really good.

Offline whiterook87

• Starter
« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2018, 04:54:56 AM »

Ian Rapoport
‏Verified account @RapSheet
36m36 minutes ago

The #Raiders have been asking for 2 first-rounders during talks centered around star Khalil Mack... and the belief is they can get it, I’m told. It does lend context to Oakland’s decision to listen and potentially deal one of the best players in football.

Jason La Canfora
‏Verified account @JasonLaCanfora
7h7 hours ago

Add the 49ers to the group of team's fully exploring the possibility of a Khalil Mack trade, along with NYJ, BUF, IND, GB, CLE, CHI

You are either part of the solution or part of the problem.

Offline whiterook87

• Starter
« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2018, 05:46:06 AM »
Say it ain't so............ugh!

Ian Rapoport
‏Verified account @RapSheet
1m1 minute ago

Before the end of the day, the #Bears are expected to negotiate a long-term deal with Khalil Mack that should eclipse the deal for Aaron Donald. Either way, Chicago just made a huge move.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 05:54:43 AM by whiterook87 »
You are either part of the solution or part of the problem.

Offline packdaddy

• All Pro
« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2018, 06:42:30 AM »
TT lives!

Offline ThatGuy284

• HOF Member
« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2018, 09:12:20 AM »
C’mon - this isn’t some tight-fisted, conservative TT move.   The team is paying $80 million to Rodgers this year and would be facing another massive outlay to Mack along with several high draft picks.  The Bears  have Trubisky on his rookie contract for several more seasons and a fifth year option making their cap situation vastly different than ours.  TT wouldn’t have even considered Mack - Gute was at least in the conversation

Online Gregg

• HOF Member
« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2018, 02:07:21 PM »
Well, between the Seahawks and this, that's two I called.

But really, I wish it had been the Browns.

This guy can really make the Bears defense.  With him and Hicks on one side and Floyd on the other, how do you double team anyone?

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2018, 05:46:18 PM »
C’mon - this isn’t some tight-fisted, conservative TT move.   The team is paying $80 million to Rodgers this year and would be facing another massive outlay to Mack along with several high draft picks.  The Bears  have Trubisky on his rookie contract for several more seasons and a fifth year option making their cap situation vastly different than ours.  TT wouldn’t have even considered Mack - Gute was at least in the conversation

Agree, even if he didnt get him, he's keeping the fanbase interested.