August 19, 2018, 05:40:05 PM

Author Topic: Packers- Titans  (Read 1151 times)

Offline scoremore

• HOF Member
Re: Packers- Titans
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2018, 06:11:14 PM »
In defense of Hundley that one was on Bell pretty pathetic blocking.  Piss poor...

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2018, 06:12:35 PM »
Good to see Hundley picked up where he left off.

That pick was not his fault. He has played well so far, like him or not give credit where credit is due.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 06:25:22 PM by RT »

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2018, 06:14:55 PM »

Michael Cohen

@Michael_Cohen13
Right tackle Byron Bell, who is playing ahead of Jason Spriggs, was beaten badly by Gimel President to allow a hit on Hundley. The ball popped into the air and was caught by Jayon Brown for an interception. That one is on Bell, not Hundley. #Packers

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2018, 06:32:58 PM »

That pick was not his fault. He has played well so far, like him or not give credit where credit is due.

Rewatch the play. He had a perfect pocket to step up into and continue the play the tackle would have taken the rusher out of the play. Hundley failed to step up. I promise you if you rewatch it, you will notice. Neither quarterback is particularly impressive so far
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."

Online Divot

• All Pro
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2018, 08:22:10 PM »
Boyle looks good

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2018, 08:29:14 PM »
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2018, 08:31:44 PM »
Boyle, Valdez-scantling, Kumerow, and Judd all looked good. Defense still looks like a project, even though they were missing a lot of starters. The offense was a shell too but they did some good work

Offline JQ

• HOF Member
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2018, 09:11:16 PM »
I am most interested in seeing all the rookie WRs battle the 1st and 2nd year DBs.

I really do want Jake Kumerow to make the team. He’s fast, sure-handed, runs good routes and has great size. Even at the expense of one of the draft picks. It’s fine with me

I agree with you Morango, UNLESS all three draftees developmentally surpass  him in training camp. The other critical variable he possesses is a rapport with Rodgers, who has already given some nods to Kumerow this PC. And a number of coaches, including MM, have also made note of how committed the ex-Warhawk is to his craft.

I am certain he’ll be on somebody’s day 1 roster, even if it’s not Green Bay’s. (in which case it will probably be minnesota... ;) )

Offline WTX_Cheese

• All Pro
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2018, 08:20:17 AM »
It's still incredibly early, but I really liked what I saw of MVS, Kumerow, Gilbert and Josh Jackson.

We better hope Bakhtiari and Bulaga stay healthy ALL season long.

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2018, 03:48:15 PM »
I am most interested in seeing all the rookie WRs battle the 1st and 2nd year DBs.

I really do want Jake Kumerow to make the team. He’s fast, sure-handed, runs good routes and has great size. Even at the expense of one of the draft picks. It’s fine with me

I agree with you Morango, UNLESS all three draftees developmentally surpass  him in training camp. The other critical variable he possesses is a rapport with Rodgers, who has already given some nods to Kumerow this PC. And a number of coaches, including MM, have also made note of how committed the ex-Warhawk is to his craft.

I am certain he’ll be on somebody’s day 1 roster, even if it’s not Green Bay’s. (in which case it will probably be minnesota... ;) )

It's very realistic that Kumerow, MVD and St. Brown make the team. I know that means pushing out Davis and Allison.  But what those guys showed in 1 game was a lot more than the vets they could push out did in their first preseason. Kumerow is very fast in space and his cuts and double move are incredible. MVD is fast, and has elite size, something this team hasn't had a combo of ever. St. Brown made some very good plays even on balls that were misthrown. He has the talent too. Boyle should be on the coaches radar. Making plays and has an absolute gun. I think our three young Wrs have more upside than Davis and Allison and could be an absolute elite corps with Davis in two years. Keep them and trade who you cant afford later to get a return. 3 more games to watch and I want to see MVD and Kumerow pay against more DBs to see if the talent is consistent week to week.

Online marklawrence

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2018, 04:34:13 PM »
This is a game of replacement. Getting younger at a position is always a positive, all else equal.
I'm a Deplorable Freeloader, clinging to my Guns and Bible! And Proud of it!

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2018, 05:19:46 PM »

Hundley has always been a very good/excellent exhibition season QB. That's why some on here were dreaming of high draft picks for him as "trade bait". Then he got thrown into action, and proved to be maddeningly inconsistent. How much was on the coaches not tailoring a way of taking advantage of his strengths is a legitimate question. But when the real bullets were flying, he was mainly MIA. Pittsburgh? They are also maddeningly inconsistent, usually playing down to the level of their competition, and leaving a lesser team hang around.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2018, 05:38:52 PM »

Hundley has always been a very good/excellent exhibition season QB. That's why some on here were dreaming of high draft picks for him as "trade bait". Then he got thrown into action, and proved to be maddeningly inconsistent. How much was on the coaches not tailoring a way of taking advantage of his strengths is a legitimate question. But when the real bullets were flying, he was mainly MIA. Pittsburgh? They are also maddeningly inconsistent, usually playing down to the level of their competition, and leaving a lesser team hang around.

I think he makes the team simply because his draft status but I wouldnt be surprised to see him gone. If they keep 3 QBs it should be Kizer and Boyle as the backups. I think Kizer needs some work on his reads and accuracy, but he moves well and seems to be a good decision maker.