September 25, 2018, 09:50:43 PM

Author Topic: Stacked at wr, is it time to trade Allison?  (Read 3148 times)

Offline RT

• HOF Member
Re: Stacked at wr, is it time to trade Allison?
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2018, 10:50:45 AM »
Not sure where you set your bar for just a guy, but it must be fairly high. Cobb caught 91 pass for over 1200 yards and 12 TD's and was a Pro Bowl player. Guessing that your scale for JAG in the NFL is 90% of all players are JAG.

Every fanbase does it, a player catches 90 passes making a million a year and he is a hero. He gets a 2nd contract at market value making 10 million a year and he is supposed to catch 900 passes and score a TD on every play. When he doesn't the fanbase turns on him and he is a bum, need to get rid of him, he is just a guy.

Most fans really are JAI's (just an idiot).

Cobb put those numbers up in 2014, that was 4 years ago.  His stats in nearly every category has gone down every year since.  Catches, YPC, longest catch.  TDs have been 6,4,4.  Its 2018, not 2014.   Cobbs last year with Rodgers in 2016 was:

REC 60 YRDS 610 AVE 10.2 LNG 47 TD 4.

These number are with one of the greatest QBs of all time, if not the best.  A player who makes his WRs look much better than they are.  With the help of Rodgers, Cobb was a Pro Bowler years ago, clearly he isnt what he once was.  Gute was reportedly shopping Cobb and that contract.  Why? clearly he must be an idiot to even consider it??

I like Randall Cobb as much as the next guy,  but you can produce those dwindling numbers or at least come close at a fraction of the cost.  Gute shopping him speaks volumes to this.   I wouldn't get rid of Cobb just to get rid of him, It would have to be to get another piece of the puzzle.

This is just an attempt to spin by tying yourself to Gute and claiming he must be an idiot for shopping Cobb. Because Gute may like what he sees in the long term upside of the current young WR's and has put out feelers to gauge the interest in Cobb has nothing to do with your claim of Cobb being a JAG. Cobb may or may not be on the roster in 8 days and what ever management feels is the correct decision I am 100% behind them, but that does not have anything to do with the idiocy of the proclamation that he is JAG.

If you want to propel Cobb into something more than he is,  that's up to you.    I hope he has a great season, as I'm sure you do too.

Thank you for confirming the JAI theory.

Online marklawrence

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2018, 04:48:28 PM »
Thank you for confirming the JAI theory.

Really, this is how fights start. It's gratuitous and unnecessary. Make your points without personal attacks.
I'm a Deplorable Freeloader, clinging to my Guns and Bible! And Proud of it!

Offline OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2018, 09:43:06 AM »
Instead of looking at whether the (potential) trade of Cobb is stupid or smart, what I think IS important is being lost.

Almost any player has a point where a trade offer is too good to refuse. That also applies to Cobb. The real question is where the tipping point lies for an offer to be accepted.
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2018, 09:35:56 PM »
I like Cobb, but he is JAG.  I believe the Packers have tried to shop him and his contract.  I dont believe teams  have any serious interest in that contract.  Sounds to me like the Packer leaked tbe interest in Cobb after they shopped him and got little interest.  JMO.

I like Cobb, and he is capable of the occasional good game.  Hes a good guy and teammate, but that contract is tough to sell.

Randall Cobb, 9 catches for 142 yards and a game winning 75 yarder. Too bad that he is JAG. 

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2018, 04:30:21 AM »
Well, he certainly wasn't a JAG last night.

Here's hoping that he continues this kind of play.

Offline croquet

• Starter
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2018, 06:34:06 AM »
Cobb and Allison really stepped up last night.  I hope that Mccarthy saw the way that quick hit offense worked and the RAC worked.  It was a sight to see.  They wore that defense down and led a comeback for the ages.

Online Gregg

• HOF Member
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2018, 10:26:17 AM »
On the Allison touchdown, that was offensive PI on him.

He pushed off the DB.  He screamed about it also, but the ref did not call it.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2018, 10:42:04 AM »

Meh............ref may have looked t it as jostling between the two. It happened early enough that the DB managed go get back into the play, so a "no call" by the official.

Just looked at it again, and Fuller put his hands on GMO (a no-no that far down field) before GMO extended his arm out onto Fuller.

Good no call.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 10:48:28 AM by dannobanano »

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2018, 11:16:30 AM »

Meh............ref may have looked t it as jostling between the two. It happened early enough that the DB managed go get back into the play, so a "no call" by the official.

Just looked at it again, and Fuller put his hands on GMO (a no-no that far down field) before GMO extended his arm out onto Fuller.

Good no call.

That was a perfectly placed ball by Rodgers.  A foot shorter and Fuller may have knocked it away, a foot longer, does Allison have the ability to get the feet down?  That was a money shot.   

Online Gregg

• HOF Member
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2018, 06:01:28 PM »
Allison would have not had the separation if not for that extended arm on the DB.

That is a no no.

Online BrianShetty

• HOF Member
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2018, 09:19:11 AM »
Allison would have not had the separation if not for that extended arm on the DB.

That is a no no.

I agree but they were hand fighting the way down the field so I think the refs let it play out.
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?
-Vince Lombardi

Offline OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2018, 09:56:06 AM »
Looks like Gregg wants penalties to decide every game. Packers have got away with some calls over time,and they've been penalized for some.....but on the whole, if it's that level of interference, I agree with the refs (and BrianShetty), to let it play out.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 09:56:51 AM by OneTwoSixFive »
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

Offline OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2018, 10:03:20 AM »
I like Cobb, but he is JAG.  I believe the Packers have tried to shop him and his contract.  I dont believe teams  have any serious interest in that contract.  Sounds to me like the Packer leaked tbe interest in Cobb after they shopped him and got little interest.  JMO.

I like Cobb, and he is capable of the occasional good game.  Hes a good guy and teammate, but that contract is tough to sell.

Randall Cobb, 9 catches for 142 yards and a game winning 75 yarder. Too bad that he is JAG.

There was a rumour the Packers were shopping Cobb, didn't hear any real confirmation of that though, so maybe it is just another example of 'fake news'.

.......and Cobb's salary comes off the books after this season, so it isn't like the Packers are on the hook for that long a time. It was a great YAC play by Cobb. I'm in the Andy Herman (cheesehead TV) camp, on Cobb. He believes that Cobb does many good pro things that most people never see or appreciate - so do I.

Online B

• HOF Member
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2018, 06:38:01 AM »
Meanwhile, out here on the west coast, Jordy Nelson caught three of four targets for 23 yards in Monday's 33-13, Week 1 loss to the Rams...

I agree with RT and OneTwoSixFive, Cobb is way more valuable than many fans give him credit for being.

STATISTICS
WIDE RECEIVER
Name      Rec   Yds   Avg   Lng   TD   1st   1st%   

Randall C.   9 -142-15.8   75T   1   5      55.5%
Davante A   5 - 88 - 17.6    51   1   4   80.0%   
Geronimo.   5 - 69 - 13.8   39T   1   3   60.0%   

« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 07:56:38 AM by B »
The Green Bay Packers never lost a football game.
They just ran out of time.
-Vince Lombardi

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2018, 02:46:07 PM »
Meanwhile, out here on the west coast, Jordy Nelson caught three of four targets for 23 yards in Monday's 33-13, Week 1 loss to the Rams...

I agree with RT and OneTwoSixFive, Cobb is way more valuable than many fans give him credit for being.

STATISTICS
WIDE RECEIVER
Name      Rec   Yds   Avg   Lng   TD   1st   1st%   

Randall C.   9 -142-15.8   75T   1   5      55.5%
Davante A   5 - 88 - 17.6    51   1   4   80.0%   
Geronimo.   5 - 69 - 13.8   39T   1   3   60.0%

Jared Cook had nine receptions for 180 yards. Just as a balance to the Nelson stats. Nelson and AR had a special rapport. Now, one commentator (Jersey Al at CheeseheadTV) is saying that Allison is developing that kind of chemistry. But it seems Adams also is trusted by AR, as is Cobb. Barring an injury, it could be tough for the rookies to break into this lineup this year.

Meanwhile, when called on, Cobb responded. Will it continue? Let's hope so. But it could very well be an effect of Adams being doubled, and Graham getting extra attention from the Bears. So, defenses now have to account for three very good passing targets, while also keeping an eye on Allison, and Montgomery swinging out of the backfield. And this is without Jones in the lineup. This offense has the opportunity to be something special. And if the defense can keep other teams from scoring...
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid